The Steampunk, Cyberpunk, and Other Fictitious and Non-Fictitious Works Group discussion

Waking (Clockwork Twist #1)
This topic is about Waking
Author Stuff > Brand new indie adventure novel series!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Thompson | 4 comments Twist has never left London, until today. Now he’s on an airship—with a crew that insists they’re not pirates—on his way to find the clockwork princess because he’s the only one who can fix her…

Readers have said:
"Emily Thompson's steampunk novel takes the reader - and the book's protagonist - on a fun and fascinating quest. " -Kelly Cozy, Author of "Ashes"

"Refreshingly for a book in the steampunk genre, very little of the action takes place in Victorian London. ... In that way it has much more to do with the fantasy travel aspect of the likes of Gulliver's Travels or Candide..." - Jonathan Griffiths.

"The writing is fluid, the characters well imagined, and every scene is packed with luscious description. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good adventure, especially if it's Steampunk." - Janice T, poet.

You can read the first three chapters online for free at http://clockworktwist.com or check out the excerpt here on Goodreads. As I'm kind of new to Goodreads, I'm looking for more reviewers. If you'd like to be kind and help out the noob, I'd happily send a free copy (via Smashwords coupons) to up to 20 people from this group! Just message me if you're interested.

You can find a full description of the book on its Goodreads page. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

Follow my steampunky finds on http://www.facebook.com/CWTwist

Happy adventuring!

message 2: by Laszlo, The Professor (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 287 comments Mod
Is sounds amazing! Is it appropriate for children at least sixteen? I am considering having next week's reading about it.

message 3: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Thompson | 4 comments Laszlo wrote: "Is sounds amazing! Is it appropriate for children at least sixteen? I am considering having next week's reading about it."

I'm glad you like the sound of it! I'd say that while the word choice and style might occasionally be a little heady for YA, there is nothing in the story that would be offensive in the least. There is of course some swashbuckling and light violence, but certainly nothing that would disturb a 16 year old.

I hope that answers your questions. Please let me know if you'd like any more information. I'd be delighted to have Waking get so much attention!!

message 4: by Laszlo, The Professor (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 287 comments Mod
Thank you!

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Karsak | 9 comments Hi Emily,

I would be happy to feature your work on SteamU, melaniekarsak.blogspot.com, just message me and we can sort out the details!

Melanie

message 6: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Thompson | 4 comments Alicia wrote: "Sounds interesting. I've seen a lot of sequels to Oliver Twist recently and wondered if there was a tie-in with that?"

lol, no. This is a completely different story. The only similarities to Oliver Twist are more of an homage than anything. I chose the name for different reasons. Although, there is a point in a future book when my Twist is called Oliver as a joke, and grumbles at Dickens under his breath. ^_^ I can't let a gag like that just slip by.

But thanks for asking!

message 7: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Thompson | 4 comments Alicia wrote: "I'll go read your chapters. The idea does sound interesting. :)

I've been looking into Steampunk (hence joining this group) and I'm far more interested in adventure than mysteries or romance."

Well, this book has just enough mystery and romance to keep the adventure going ^_^ I hope you like it!

The Steampunk, Cyberpunk, and Other Fictitious...

unread topics | mark unread