The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SUMMER CHALLENGE 2013 > 20.5 - Bigger is Better - CathyG's task: Motorcycles and Pontoon Boats

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Jun 08, 2013 04:03PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10919 comments Mod
20.5 - Bigger is Better - CathyG's task: Motorcycles and Pontoon Boats
There are two things I love doing in the summer. Read 1 book that fits either A or B.

Option A. Motorcycle riding: Read a book with a picture of a motorcycle on the cover or the word motorcyle in the title, subtitle, or series name. Plural and possessive are acceptable, but no other variations. This list might help: Best Motorcycle Books

Option B. Spending time on the pontoon boat: Read a book with a word from the lyrics of
Pontoon in the title or subtitle. The word from the song lyrics must be at least 4 letters and must be found intact. Several words have the end dropped, but you may use the full word. (floatin’ – floating) Required: State the word used when you post.

Required: State the option you used and any other required information when you post. If using the cover option, include the cover in your post.

Here’s the video if you’d like to get the full experience: Pontoon

message 2: by Cathy (last edited Jun 06, 2013 07:38PM) (new)

Cathy Galloway | 704 comments Approved for Option A (motorcycle)
Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4) by Kristen Ashley Ulysses Road A South African Journey by Motorcycle by Tom Coughlan

message 3: by Cathy (last edited Jun 06, 2013 07:37PM) (new)

Cathy Galloway | 704 comments Approved for Pontoon option
Ropedancer's Fall by M.K. Lorens

message 4: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10919 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7595 comments if i end up singing pontoon now, i'm goign to come and hunt you down!! lol!!

message 6: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Galloway | 704 comments There are worse songs you could stuck in your head:D

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7595 comments not when you can only remember like 2 lines of it!! lol! and my friends have been bugging me to try Kristin Ashley and I jsut happen to have Motorcycle Man on the pile

message 8: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Can it be any word (as long as it's at least 4 letters)?

message 9: by Bea (new)

Bea | 3930 comments For the word "rope", would you accept Ropedancer's Fall?

message 10: by Fiona (Titch) (last edited Jun 05, 2013 09:32AM) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) If I can get this approved can I read Ulysses Road: A South African Journey by Motorcycle - Tom Coughlan?

message 11: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer (jensamaha) | 365 comments Do subtitles count for the Pontoon option?

message 12: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Galloway | 704 comments Any word of at least 4 letter is acceptable.

Ropedancer's Fall works for rope.

Ulysses Road: A South African Journey by Motorcycle is approved

Subtitles do count for the Pontoon option

message 13: by Bea (new)

Bea | 3930 comments Cathy wrote: "Any word of at least 4 letter is acceptable.

Ropedancer's Fall works for rope.

Ulysses Road: A South African Journey by Motorcycle is approved

Subtitles do count for the Pontoon option"

Thank you, Cathy!

message 14: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1693 comments Breaking Point Breaking Point by Martina Navratilova Martina Navratilova

The author is riding a motorcycle on this cover. My questions is whether enough of the motorcycle is showing. In the book the main character rides the motorcycle as a main form of transportation.

There is a better picture on the spine.

Thanks

message 15: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Galloway | 704 comments I can't really tell its a motorcycle by the picture here, so I'd rather you choose a different book.
Sorry:(

message 17: by Bekka (new)

Bekka (froydis) | 524 comments Hi there - For option B, may I use The 5th Wave - the lyrics say "waves" but may I use "wave?"

thanks!

message 18: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Galloway | 704 comments Wave is fine.

message 19: by Bekka (new)

Bekka (froydis) | 524 comments Cathy wrote: "Wave is fine."

Thank you!

message 20: by Robin (Saturndoo) (last edited Jul 17, 2013 07:55PM) (new)

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) | 1027 comments Does this one work for Option B: the word blue?

Blue-Eyed Devil

Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 21: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Galloway | 704 comments ♥Robin ♥ wrote: "Does this one work for Option B: the word blue?

Blue-Eyed Devil

Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas"

Sure. (BTW, enjoy. I loved this one)

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) | 1027 comments Thanks Cathy :) I finished the book but I didn't like it :( I'm not liking the author's writing style and characters. DRATS!!!!!