YA LGBT Books discussion

Self-Promotion > The Dead Will Rise First -- Logan Kain

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Logan (new)

Logan Kain (logankain) | 9 comments HI all,
New Author here. My book takes place after the rapture, but unlike everyone expects. Instead of people disappearing and piles of clothes on the ground, just the Christian's souls disappear, leaving their soulless bodies to torture and murder those who weren't taken. TJ isn't ready for the end of the world. He is trying to get through high school, working on his writing career, and trying to figure out what to do about being in love with his best friend. Nevertheless, the evening of his 17th birthday, the rapture occurs. Now he and his best friend Ryan must try to survive and try to figure out what their relationship means when faced with a god who isn't so good.

Thank you all for your support and I would really appreciate any comments you might have.
Logan Kain

message 2: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16356 comments And hey, you found this folder. Interesting topic for your book. Would you call it dystopian?

message 3: by Logan (new)

Logan Kain (logankain) | 9 comments You could probably stretch the term to include my book, though I think my characters are more likely living in a pre-dystopian world, in the sense that I think dystopian novels generally have some sort of society that functions to some degree and mine is closest to a zombie book.

message 4: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16356 comments Cool, thank you for the details.

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim (lokilady) | 364 comments I think that's a fascinating concept, but horror can be a little too rough on me as a reader. How intense would you classify the level of violence, gore, fear, etc. in the book as being, Logan?

message 6: by Logan (new)

Logan Kain (logankain) | 9 comments I think of it as kind of like American Horror Story after the first couple episodes. By that I mean it is certainly a horror genre book because of it's content, but really isn't scary. It has lots of violence and gore though.
Mostly it's a love story. I hope that you will check it out. :)

message 7: by Liz (new)

Liz Winters (lizwinters) | 15 comments This looks really interesting, Logan. I like both dystopian novels and zombie novels, so it's right up my alley.

message 8: by Logan (new)

Logan Kain (logankain) | 9 comments Liz wrote: "This looks really interesting, Logan. I like both dystopian novels and zombie novels, so it's right up my alley."

Thanks Liz, I hope you will check it out.

message 9: by Logan (new)

Logan Kain (logankain) | 9 comments Free E-Book Giveaway to celebrate the release of my first book!!!

The Dead Will Rise First by Logan Kain
The Dead Will Rise First

Giving away 50 copies so your chances are really good of winning one.
Enter up until June 30th, 2013.

Enter Here

The Dead Will Rise First is a story about 2 boys who have fallen in love and try to survive after the christian rapture occurs, leaving the now soulless bodies of Christians to torture and murder all those left behind. (Essentially a YA, LGBT zombie book.)