Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > June 2013 Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-50 of 97 (97 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments I finished The Seduction of Elliot McBride (Highland Pleasures, #5) by Jennifer Ashley , which I enjoyed. Now starting Once Upon a Tower (Fairy Tales, #5) by Eloisa James

message 2: by Taria (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments Finished Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3) by Elizabeth Hoyt taking a break from Maiden Lane and starting The Highlander's Reward (Stolen Bride, #1) by Eliza Knight

message 4: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Listened to Not Quite Mine which was fun, thought it was a great addition to my library read by Amy McFadden..Currently 1.99 if you own the kindle version. Then I finished my highly anticipated About That Night narrated by Karen White ...love, love, loved it.

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lloyd | 1 comments Pleasure Unbound. I'm listening to this, because of the VaginalFantasy book club on YouTube.

message 6: by Lee (last edited Jun 05, 2013 10:36AM) (new)

Lee | 484 comments Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1) by Nora Roberts was one of my "on sale" buys recently. I had read the Nora Roberts Chesapeake series several years ago and remembered enjoying all the brothers and the smart ass banter. The audiobook is even better! David Stuart does a first rate job with all of the voices, both male and female. The storyline is interesting and the love story between Cameron and Anna comes across as very real if a bit predictable. The description of the life in Maryland makes me feel like I am right there. I can see re-reading/listening to the other three books eventually.

Right now I am starting On Thin Ice (Ice, #6) by Anne Stuart - I loved this Anne Stuart series but Xe Sands' narration makes me want to hear it all over again.

message 7: by Ancientpeas (new)

Ancientpeas | 301 comments Four hours into Heart of Obsidian (Psy-Changeling, #12) by Nalini Singh . A little different as many of the Psy-Changling series has multiple viewpoints and stories going on. So far this is just Kaleb and his heroine. I am enjoying it so far.

message 8: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Listening to Heart of Obsidian as well.

message 9: by Sue (last edited Jun 05, 2013 03:20PM) (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Listening to Fatal Affair read by Felicity Munroe. What a pleasant surprise... I had low expectations of this... why I have no idea because goodreads review is 4.20. This was a free read on kindle for a while, and for owners of the kindle version it's 2.99 on audible.

message 10: by Eleighna (new)

Eleighna | 50 comments Ancientpeas wrote: "Four hours into Heart of Obsidian (Psy-Changeling, #12) by Nalini Singh. A little different as many of the Psy-Changling series has multiple viewpoints and stories going on. So far this is just Kaleb and his heroi..."

I am listening to this book also. I LOVE IT SO FAR! It seems like it took this book FOREVER to come out!

message 11: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments about to start Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale . Finished Once Upon a Tower (Fairy Tales, #5) by Eloisa James . I liked it a lot, but I love all of Eloisa James's books

message 12: by Eleighna (new)

Eleighna | 50 comments Just finished Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1) by Sarah Fine - sooo good!

message 13: by Ancientpeas (new)

Ancientpeas | 301 comments Finished Heart of Obsidian. I really liked it and normally I'm not that fond of the non changeling heroes in the series but I liked Kaleb. He is in some ways more changeling in the ways that matter to me. But definitely this is not the place to start but for those of us who love the series I think we will be happy with the result.

Off to start Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) by Sylvia Day . Since the author felt the need to post something on her facebook page in order to calm fans I'm keeping my expectations low. The series is a bit like crack though (sort of like early BDB books).

After that I have Whiskey Beach, Crystal Cove and Gabriel's Inferno from my library to listen to. Have I said how much I love my library system?

message 14: by Taria (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments finished The Highlander's Reward (Stolen Bride, #1) by Eliza Knight in the middle of Once Upon a Tower (Fairy Tales, #5) by Eloisa James

message 15: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Listening/reading Fatal Justice read by Katie Sparer. Different narrator from the first, which I found weird because it's a repeat character series. Both were good, but I did pick up on a difference but then again I listened to them back to back.

message 16: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 14 comments Just finished Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers, #1) by J. Lynn Really liked Kaleo Griffith as the Narrator he is quickly be coming one of my favorite male Narrators. Starting Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5) by Jennifer Ashley

message 17: by D.G. (last edited Jun 07, 2013 12:01PM) (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Valerie wrote: "Just finished Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers, #1) by J. Lynn Really liked Kaleo Griffith as the Narrator he is quickly be coming one of my favorite male Narrators. Starting [bookcover:Tiger Magic|1571..."

Oh man! I really want to check out Kaleo Griffith but I've read all the I-Team books and I'm not paying a whole credit for 4 hr. audiobook of ntm author. One of these days...

message 18: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments D.G. wrote: "Oh man! I really want to check out Kaleo Griffith but I've read all the I-Team books and I'm not paying a whole credit for 4 hr. audiobook of ntm author. One of these days... "

You can buy the Kindle version for $2.99 and then get the audiobook for $2.99. Saves you a little money.

message 19: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Angie wrote: "You can buy the Kindle version for $2.99 and then get the audiobook for $2.99. Saves you a little money. "

I just listened to the sample and wow!!! I think I'll have to get it!!

message 20: by Xe (new)

Xe Sands (xesands) | 369 comments Lee wrote: "Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1) by Nora Roberts was one of my "on sale" buys recently. I had read the Nora Roberts Chesapeake series several years ago and remembered enjoying all the brothers and the smart ass banter..."

Aw, thanks Lee! So glad you enjoy one of my favorite bad boys - FINN!

message 21: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments finished The Prince of Midnight - overall enjoyed it, but I wasn't really a fan of his female voices - they kind of grated on me a bit...

message 22: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I've been asking this in all my groups...

Has anybody read Shadow's Claim (The Dacians, #1) by Kresley Cole ? If you have, can you tell me if I need to be done with the IAD series before starting it?

I'm up to book #8 in IAD but I'm listening to them in audio and they are not all out yet.

message 23: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Been sucked in by the Marie Force Fatal Series, last one for this week, I'm keeping the final two for my vacation week. Fatal Destiny read by Felicity Munroe.

message 24: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments D.G. wrote: "I've been asking this in all my groups...

Has anybody read Shadow's Claim (The Dacians, #1) by Kresley Cole? If you have, can you tell me if I need to be done with the IAD series before starting it?

I'm up to..."

according to one review - the characters were introduced in Lothaire - so if you haven't read/listened to that one you, you might not understand

message 25: by D.G. (last edited Jun 08, 2013 11:44AM) (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I read another review that said it didn't matter if haven't read IAD at all. That's why I need to talk to somebody who has read them both - IAD and this one.

message 26: by Taria (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments finished Once Upon a Tower (Fairy Tales, #5) by Eloisa James The Highlander's Reward (Stolen Bride, #1) by Eliza Knight The Highlander's Conquest (Stolen Bride, #2) by Eliza Knight and I'm starting The Highlander's Lady (Stolen Bride, #3) by Eliza Knight

anyone have a suggestions for a good sexy vampire/shifter romance?

message 27: by Sue (last edited Jun 10, 2013 03:06AM) (new)

Sue | 1116 comments There is just something about this couple that keeps me coming back for more. Sam is a DC Detective, Nick a Political player together they solve crimes, love and have quite the "family". Sam reminds me a bit of Eve from J.D. Robb (Not quite as intense though) and Nick reminds me of the hero in Extreme Exposure I-Team. So with all of that said, I read/listened to all 5.5 novels in less than a week. It was an obsessive read, what can I say. The last in the seriesFatal Deception, was read by Felicity Munroe.

BTW - If anyone has a series to recommend that's like the west wing... please suggest away.

message 28: by Ancientpeas (last edited Jun 10, 2013 09:10AM) (new)

Ancientpeas | 301 comments Finished Entwined with you. My review: Not a lot happens (except for one major thing, I guess) and I don't think the series needs 5 books. Jill Redfield did a good job with it. My least favourite in the series so far.

I have Gabriel's Inferno and Crystal Cove to listen to next. *full disclosure on the Gabriel's Inferno book. I've read the whole Divine comedy and did a university english course on it so if The Inferno is a big part of the story I'll probably be picky.*

message 29: by Samyann (new)

Samyann | 20 comments On a Jude Devereaux kick. Finished A Knight in Shining Armor, Lavender Morning, and now listening to Days of Gold. It's read by Davina Porter, she's terrific. There is a character from Scotland ... same voice as Jamie in Outlander .. but, that's okay. Davina Porter does a fantastic job.

message 30: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Listening to A Wild Pursuit narrated by Justine Eyre. (Back to historical after the last 5 were contemporary).

message 31: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Just finished Pushing the Limits. Very good!

message 32: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 152 comments I'm listening to Dark Side of the Moon

message 33: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I'd like to listen a steamy romance that it's not too heavy. Cheesy is welcome. :)

message 34: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Moriah wrote: "about to start Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale. Finished Once Upon a Tower (Fairy Tales, #5) by Eloisa James. I liked it a lot, but I love all of Eloisa James's books"

updated: Finished Flowers from the Storm and really enjoyed. Not sure what is up next

message 35: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 10 comments Finished Wallbanger by Alice Clayton and has recently started Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Wallbanger was a fun listen/read

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 225 comments I have been listening to The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston narrated by Charlotte Kane (aka Johanna Parker)I love this series and am very happy with the audio so far...the second book comes out later this month I beleive

message 37: by Ancientpeas (last edited Jun 14, 2013 07:20PM) (new)

Ancientpeas | 301 comments Gigi wrote: "Finished Wallbanger by Alice Clayton and has recently started Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Wallbanger was a fun listen/read"

I loathed Wallbanger. I think it actually gave me a twitch. Glad you liked it though. The Hero was fine but Caroline made me nuts. She made all my feminist leanings sit up and scream.

message 38: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments Gigi - I LOVED gone girl! total mind fuck! but kirky heyborne and julia whelan were awesome - Julia just won best narrator for a romance at the audiobook awards

message 39: by Kathy (last edited Jun 15, 2013 08:20AM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments I just finished a book that's a genre-bender. It includes three of them: spy-mystery, crime-thriller and passionate-romance. I thought the author, Robert Bidinotto did all right with romantic element of his story. The absence of romance was one of the reasons I stopped reading a lot of crime thrillers. Even some of the great romance writers who started genre-blending-- Romance/Paranormal; Romance/Mystery Thriller--seemed to minimize the romantic part. So I decided to give this book a try, and for the most part, I like the way he handled the love relationship in conjunction with the rest of the genres. The name of the book is Hunter: A Thriller.

Hunter A Thriller by Robert Bidinotto

If anyone else has listened to it or plans to do so, I'd like to hear what you think about it.

message 40: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Listening to Hot Finish, already better than Hard and Fast, Suzanne and Ryder have intrigued me in this series. Divorced yet the sparks still fly, I love reconciliation reads and the southern phrases make me laugh out loud. They kill me and Nikki is a great foil for this book, she as they say is Dumber than a box of Rocks. So be prepared.

message 41: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 533 comments I just finished listening to Maya Banks two highland/Scottish series' I loved them. I am new to this group and am not sure if there is a different place to announce audio deals, but Amazon and Audible.com are currently offering a deal on the audio book if you buy the Kindle version. I got each of these audiobooks for $3.99. And even when considering the combined cost, it is much less than just buying the audiobook elsewhere.

message 42: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 10 comments Ancientpeas wrote: "Gigi wrote: "Finished Wallbanger by Alice Clayton and has recently started Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Wallbanger was a fun listen/read"

I loathed Wallbanger. I think it actually gave me a ..."

ROFLMAO! I have to agree with you Ancientpeas. I liked it, but didn't love it. The heroine was a bit whiny for my taste, but it was cute.

message 43: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 10 comments Dee wrote: "Gigi - I LOVED gone girl! total mind fuck! but kirky heyborne and julia whelan were awesome - Julia just won best narrator for a romance at the audiobook awards"

Dee, that book was CRAZY, but in a good way. Oh my gosh, Kirky and Julia were amazing. The best audiobook performance that I listened to this year. Did Julia win for a specific romance book or the romance category overall?

message 44: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments She won for The Witness - Nora Roberts - it was awesome; I also like some of Kirby's other stuff - he did a triathlon book that was really good (I was bawling by the end of it)

I'm reading The Dinner right now - which is supposedly the European gone girl...

message 45: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 152 comments Listening to Deadly Game

message 46: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Sue wrote: "There is just something about this couple that keeps me coming back for more. Sam is a DC Detective, Nick a Political player together they solve crimes, love and have quite the "family". Sam remi..."

Sue, did you see that book 6 was added at Audible yesterday?

message 47: by Diana (new)

Diana (dnneal) | 71 comments I have been knocking down audiobooks this month, usually only taking one or two days to finish one. That is, up until my current listen: Leopard's Prey (Leopard People, #6) by Christine Feehan

For some reason, this book has been going VERY SLOWLY. I don't think it's the narrator's fault--Karen White is awesome!--but the story itself. There's not much going on in terms of action, just a lot of background on the characters and a setting up of the problem.

I may give it a few more chapters before moving on to something more lively... Like this: How to Romance a Rake (Ugly Ducklings #2) by Manda Collins !

message 48: by Vic (last edited Jun 19, 2013 01:50PM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Diana N wrote: "I have been knocking down audiobooks this month, usually only taking one or two days to finish one. That is, up until my current listen: Leopard's Prey (Leopard People, #6) by Christine Feehan..."

You know, I read someone else's review on this book who pretty much said the same thing (about the e-book). So, when I got this a-book, I was thinking I may be screwed. But, I was pleasantly surprised and wasn't bothered. It may have been that I was outside working on my new side patio and cleaning up the backyard at the same time so I didn't mind a story that may seem slow going. Good luck with finishing it - I enjoyed it. :)

message 49: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 10 comments Dee wrote: "She won for The Witness - Nora Roberts - it was awesome; I also like some of Kirby's other stuff - he did a triathlon book that was really good (I was bawling by the end of it)

I'm reading The Din..."

I just bought the abridged version of The Witness. I can't wait to listen to it now. I'm going to look out for more of Kirby's work. The Dinner, really!?! I'm going to look that one up!

message 50: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments abridged - really...wow...i HATE abridged books, but that is just me

« previous 1