Cozy Mysteries discussion

Featured Cozy Authors > June 2013

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 1576 comments Mod
Forgive me but I'm running late. My birthday was this week and on top of that I organized a block wide garage sale which was yesterday. I had to put everything away today and just havn't had time to do our featured author and mini-challenge yet. I will try to get to it tomorrow (mon) or at the very least (tues). I apologize for running late this month. I've just been busy.

message 2: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

Thanks Carol.

message 3: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 199 comments No worry here either. Is it already June???

message 4: by Barb (new)

Barb | 1035 comments Happy belated birthday :)

message 5: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3883 comments Mod
Happy belated birthday, briansgirl! And no worry here.

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Happy Belated birthday - hope it was a great day and you made lots of money on the garage sale. ;)

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen Happy year after your birthday. It is hard to keep up with it all.

message 8: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (last edited Jun 03, 2013 07:28PM) (new)

Thank you everyone. Did pretty good at the garage sale. I made over $200 which is good when you consider I had only two items over $5 (and they were only $10 and $15). So most of that was made by selling one kids books, one at a time. :)

Plus $30 from my kids bake sale selling mommie's brownies. :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I just joined this group - I am also fairly new to GoodReads. I'm so excited that you do a monthly author/challenge. Can't wait to participate. And happy birthday!! :)

message 10: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

Thanks Vanessa

message 11: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 19640 comments Mod
Happy birthday and congrats on a successful yard sale!

message 12: by DonnaCarol (new)

DonnaCarol | 316 comments ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ wrote: "Thank you everyone. Did pretty good at the garage sale. I made over $200 which is good when you consider I had only two items over $5 (and they were only $10 and $15). So most of that was made by s..."

Kids Books! ! How I wish I could have been there. Just think of the good reading you have passed to so many little ones with those books. I like to grab up childrens books for a family that I know that has 12 (yep, all hers) children under the age of 18 and a few families that do the Home School thing that I want to create libraries for. I also like to donate some to our local Head Start School. Used book stores and yard sales & thrift shops are great for this. I'm glad you had a good yard sale and Happy Belated Birthday to you.

message 13: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

My youngest is about to turn 9, so we were selling all the books he's outgrown. I had four large boxes sorted of board books, Disney books, counting book, Sesame Street, Clifford, etc etc. Bascially anything short of a chapter book.