Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Susie's May reads...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1584 comments Sorry..mostly cozies :)

The Pumpkin Muffin Murder by Livia J. Washburn "4"
The Gingerbread Bump-Off by Livia J. Washburn "4"
Holly and Homicide by Leslie Caine "3.5"
Aunt Dimity and the Lost Prince by Nancy Atherton "4.5"
Wedding Cake Killer by Livia J. Washburn "4"
A Decadent Way to Die by G.A. McKevett "4"
Maui Widow Waltz by JoAnn Bassett "4"
The Root of all Trouble by Heather Webber "4.5"
Buried in Buttercream by G.A. McKevett "4.5"
Malled to Death by Laura DiSilverio "4"
Every Trick in the Book by Lucy Arlington "4"

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3581 comments I liked THE PUMPKIN MUFFIN MURDER. It was way better than the one I read in that series before it. But I didn't like THE GINGERBREAD BUMP-OFF, so haven't bothered with the series since. I just don't like Phyllis. She seems to have a REALLY big stick up her butt! I've been so disappointed with the Savannah Reid books since the one before A DECADENT WAY TO DIE that I still haven't bothered with the newest one yet. If it reads the same way to me as the previous 3 I don't think I'll read them anymore. They feel like they're written by someone else now. Just not the same as they used to be. Which is sad because I always loved the series. I really liked MALLED TO DEATH!

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14106 comments No need to apologize for reading what you want to, Susie! I hope to get back to the Lucy Valentine / Heather Webber books and Aunt Dimity someday soon, it's good to see those authors still merit your top rankings! I haven't tried a Nina Quinn book yet.
Susie in KS wrote: "Sorry..mostly cozies :)
Aunt Dimity and the Lost Prince by Nancy Atherton "4.5"
The Root of all Trouble by Heather Webber "4.5""

message 4: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2608 comments Susie in KS wrote: "Sorry..mostly cozies :)

Kinda like comfort food in print.

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1584 comments Melodie wrote: "I liked THE PUMPKIN MUFFIN MURDER. It was way better than the one I read in that series before it. But I didn't like THE GINGERBREAD BUMP-OFF, so haven't bothered with the series since. I just d..."

Melodie, the Savannah books seem a little different, but Buried in Buttercream was a fun book with Savannah's whole family in it :)

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1584 comments Ann wrote: "No need to apologize for reading what you want to, Susie! I hope to get back to the Lucy Valentine / Heather Webber books and Aunt Dimity someday soon, it's good to see those authors still merit yo..."

Ann, the Nina Quinn series is a great series too! It's actually what got me started on her books.

message 7: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1584 comments Daniel wrote: "Susie in KS wrote: "Sorry..mostly cozies :)

Kinda like comfort food in print."

Hmmm....I like that Dan. Must be why I can't ever lose weight. I read too much!

message 8: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3581 comments Susie in KS wrote: "Melodie wrote: "I liked THE PUMPKIN MUFFIN MURDER. It was way better than the one I read in that series before it. But I didn't like THE GINGERBREAD BUMP-OFF, so haven't bothered with the series ..."

I was even disappointed with BURIED IN BUTTERCREAM. I'm holding off on reading the new one.

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14106 comments Good to know, Susie! I need (not really) another new series! I am always on the lookout, anyway!
Susie in KS wrote: "Ann, the Nina Quinn series is a great series too! It's actually what got me started on her books. "