Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4) Inferno question

Sinskey won in the end didn't she?
Yaw Edifor Yaw Jun 02, 2013 03:10PM
since she couldn't conceive and it turns out a third of the population would not reproduce either, wasn't it a win for her??

I don't think anyone won except, maybe, human race in general.

Well it's not a loss.

Though not even close to the compared classic & the level of epic proportion, It can be described as "The Dark Knight' -ish ending, but frankly I'm more disappointed on Dan Brown even than the Lost Symbol. But still it must have took a lot of guts to go through with that super risky & questionable ending. Wonder how the world of Langdon remains on the next book, because it has changed too massively than any other installments ever left it with.

Hmm it was a wired end i have to say cause we never really knew who sienna really are and even at the farewell end she didn't tell Roberet about her story. So am not sure if Sienna is actuly a better person as they end try to convince us

Erm, I hardly think so, I have a number of infertile friends and NONE of them would wish what they have gone through on anyone else!

The plague is quite beneficial for her.

You could say that Sinkey isn't so 'alone' with her condition, but for all of the people that wanted a family and not can't its pretty harsh

Well it's not really a question of whether Sinskey won or not. As Director of WHO and being a thorough professional, she is aware of the widespread damage (or good?) the release of the vector virus is going to do? Exponentially, there is expected to be a drop inn world population by 1/3rd which will continue for generations, until probably a time when there will be no further births in the world. It's a scary scenario even when we are faced with the truth that there is a need to control population.

Yaw wrote: "since she couldn't conceive and it turns out a third of the population would not reproduce either, wasn't it a win for her??"

there was only one winner at the end i guess.. the human race...

Doesn't the plague drastically change the category of this book? Wouldn't it be science fiction rather than thriller? Will Dan Brown explore this new world he just created?

Angela I was thinking the same thing!

And I didn't see the ending as a win for Sinskey. She was not able to stop Zobrist from fulfilling his plan. Now, she ha
...more
Jun 25, 2013 10:58AM

Mark (last edited Jun 06, 2013 09:52PM ) Jun 06, 2013 05:43AM   0 votes
She did not lose, since the villain had fullfilled his plan. A plan that she could actually live with as it did solve the problem of overpopulation in the long run without some disaster or plague.

i guess it depends on what sort of victory you have in mind for her. to me, ultimately she still lost to bioterrorism, whether it is for her own body, for the globe, or for her career.

Yaw Edifor "mysery loves company". Sinkey wouldn't even do much to counter Zobrist's plan if she knew the details first of all. Knowing a third of the world's po ...more
Jun 06, 2013 01:01PM

Yuce (last edited Jun 25, 2013 11:02AM ) Jun 25, 2013 10:58AM   0 votes
It is not a matter of if she had won or not but there lies a deeper question for her, whether she takes this sort of plague personally or professionally; i mean as a woman who is not able to conceive she would have found it a happy twist of events to be at last among women like her in a huge number, but this kind of bio terrorism would have rendered her profession career a mere illusion of success as now she would have to deal with something that has never had happened before and is far too advanced for this era...