What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. a book about two kids (possibly a boy and a girl) who live IN a hollowed out tree.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily (travelcrip) | 1 comments My mom is looking for the title of one of her favorite books she read in school. The book would have been read in a classroom in the late 50's to 60's. She thinks it was a children's chapter book as opposed to a very young children's illustrated book. She remembers that two kids lived inside a huge, hollowed out tree (as opposed to a treehouse in the branches). Unfortunately, she didn't really remember anything else. Hopefully someone else has read it and can help us out. :0)

message 2: by Gabs (new)

Gabs  | 127 comments My Side of the Mountain series has that. In the later books, his sister comes to live with him.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
On the Far Side of the Mountain is the book where Sam's sister joins him.

message 4: by HJ (new)

HJ Hollow Tree House by Enid Blyton is what comes to mind immediately. It was published in 1945. Here is a good account of the story which might help your mom decide if it's the one!

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/bo...

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Ok, I have GOT to find that Blyton. It's one that I have never seen before. And I desperately NEED it for my collection. :oP Ok, what can I say--I am a bookaholic.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39882 comments Mod
Emily, is your mother still searching for this book or did she find it? Was it anything mentioned?

message 7: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) abandoned :(