Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

Suggestions on what happen to gale!!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kaelyn I was like dumb founded on it at the end of the book and just wondering.

Lindsey I think that he kind of became the perfect soldier, policeman or peacekeeper or whatever they needed. That he dedicated the rest of his life to keeping the peace he fought for.

I honestly don't think he will ever have children.

Maya I think he fell in love with someone else, then realized all he wanted was Katniss, but too bad for him, she was already taken, (he doesn't deserve her anyway!) Then he marries a girl from district 2 and lives his life with her, but is regretful his whole life. He never goes back to district 12 and knows how terrible he really is. I could go on forever. :)

Lindsey Maya~ just curious, why do you think Gale doesn't deserve Katniss and do you think Peeta does ? x

Jasmine J Maya- Yeh im wondering the same thing..you seem to not like gale

Penny Like Lindsay says I think he became the consummate soldier and just grew apart from Katniss because she was so sick of the killing and the heartache.
I do feel she did not know her own feelings for a lot of the story and could just see Gale growing farther and farther away from her. Peeta in the end could give her what she needed, love and stability.

I must say I liked Gale a little less at the end of the book than I did at the beginning!

Maya Well, I'm Team Peeta and I really don't like Gale because of a) what he did to Prim, and b) the way he just left and started working in District 2.

Lindsey Maya wrote: "Well, I'm Team Peeta and I really don't like Gale because of a) what he did to Prim, and b) the way he just left and started working in District 2."

a) Gale did nothing to Prim. He was simply following Coin's orders. He had no knowledge of the children and that the bombs he and Beetee created would be used on them. If you blame Gale you could as well blame Beetee and Prim's mother. Beetee because he was the brain behind the bombs and her mother because it's her job to keep her child safe and by her side during a war time.

b) He did not just leave. Gale and Katniss don't need a lot of words to tell each other how they feel and what they want. When Gale couldn't deny but also couldn't confirm that his bomb killed Prim he knew that Katniss would never be able to look at him again without thinking of Prim and how she died. Katniss didn't blame Gale for what happened but she just couldn't help but associate him and Prim's death. By leaving he freed her of that torture.

And you didn't answer my other question, why do you think that Peeta deserves Katniss ? (Or better: why Katniss deserves Peeta ?)

Maya Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, Lindsey. I actually don't think Katniss ever deserved Peeta, (Like Haymitch said: she could live a thousand lifetimes and never deserve him.) I just personally wanted Katniss and Peeta to be together. But the Games had messages everyone up, so I guess by the time the story ended, they both kind of deserved each other, in a way.

Lindsey Maya wrote: "Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, Lindsey. I actually don't think Katniss ever deserved Peeta, (Like Haymitch said: she could live a thousand lifetimes and never deserve him.) I just p..."

I don't think that Katniss deserves Peeta either :) She doesn't love him and she never will. Yes they were both messed up in the end and that's why I especially think that they don't deserve each other. But on the other hand Peeta still loves Katniss through it all, and it's for his happiness that I'm rooting^^

message 11: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya Lindsey: I agree with that except I think that Katniss did love Peeta at the end, because Peeta asked her, and she said yes. ("You love me, real or not real?" "Real.")

Maria I think that Katniss wasn't really meant to be with Gale, but that the main reason they grew apart is because she couldn't separate the idea of Prim's death from Gale, even if he wasn't responsible.

message 13: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya I do think the reason they grew apart was mostly because of Prim' s death, but also all that it embodies, such as the fact that Gale was suggesting all these attack plans in which there was a very slight chance that anyone would get out of them alive.

Riley I hate the way that Collins ended the book. It seemed rushed, not thought through, and sloppy. I was ok with Prim dying, because she didn't really add much. Gale's part in the bomb making was a little surprising, but there's no way you can prove it was his fault. Katniss shouldn't blame him for just doing his job. After all, some of her actions resulted in other people's deaths too. Peeta always came across as wimpy for some reason. Pining after her from afar for years... etc. Gale was a strong character and I feel like he and Katniss were made for each other. I guess Collins was going for the whole "opposites attract" angle. It just seemed like Katniss was settling for Peeta. Sure, she loved him... but more as a friend than a love interest.

message 15: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya :0

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I do agree that Katniss shouldnt blame Gale for Prim's death. I mean its not like he knew Prim would be there. As for what happened to him, i think he became the leader of the rebellion and probably the leader of the army when a new governement was made. All he wanted to do was give the people of Panem Freedom.

message 17: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya Everyone here is Team Gale, huh......