A Wild in Colbie discussion

Colbie Homes > Deirdre's Penthouse.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Here 'tis.

hey, it's layne. Joey was coming over for the day to see Mae, and possibly take her somewhere and do something with her. She was his whole world, and of course, during the process he was truly trying to win Deirdre back, but none of his tactics were working, and he was desperate. Making sure Mae was in her room, still asleep, Joey pulled Dee aside and into her living room. 'Deirdre, I can't do this anymore. I need you. You're like an addictive drug, and I just can't handle it anymore. I know I was wrong, and I know I can't make up for it, but I'm trying to make the best of things. We're connected, whether you like it or not. Please, just give us one more chance?' He was down on one knee, pulling her to him with a desperate air to his presence.

message 3: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Dee had left Joey to it with Mae, taking a time out to adsorb the past few weeks, or rather, it was months now, events. So far she had only just managed to fight off Joey's tactics to get her back, and she'd be lying if she would say that she hadn't nearly caved more than once. She raked a hand through her hair, fishing for the locket around her neck and popping it open to find the small picture of herself, Mae and little Aoife from when Aoife had first been released from hospital. She snapped the thing shut when she heard Joe come back through turning as he took her hand. Oh god he was trying again? "No Joe. I've already told you I can't. Not after what you did, No. You weren't there for me. I can't trust you." She finished, the words paining her as she choked them out and turned from him.

hey, it's layne. 'Deirdre, I made mistakes, I know I did. I know I was a cold, heartless bastard, and I don't deserve to even see the light of day, let alone have a relationship with my daughter.' His words showed how guilty, sad, and hurtful he felt, 'But I need a chance, just one chance, Dee, to make things right. You're the day to my night, the beauty to my ugly, you're the love of my life. I know I wronged you, love, and I don't in hell deserve to even be standing here. But I need you, I need you more then I've ever needed anything in my life. If it doesn't work out, I'll never bother you again. I won't send you flowers, or anything. I'll just send Maeve money. But I need to know that this was or wasn't meant to be.' Joey hesitantly brought her to him, his gaze clouding. What else could he say? He needed her, so desperately it wasn't funny. Well, more then anything he just needed closure. He needed to know that it wasn't meant to be, although his heart said other things. He just wanted her and Maeve to be happy.

message 5: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Mistakes?" Dee snorted. "Yea you damn well made some mistakes Joey. You weren't there when I needed you the most." It was tearing at her heart, to see him that way, to treat him this way. But Aoife's death? It had effected her in ways that nobody could understand, and to be honest, she hadn't let herself mourn properly. Instead of taking time out to let everything sink in, Dee had done the opposite, had thrown herself into charity work and had blocked it all out, resulting in her becoming cold and numb. "You weren't there Joey." Her voice was sharp this time, having risen a few notches. "You weren't there. You weren't there when they were born you weren't there when she was diagnosed and you weren't there when she left this world." And it was all out. Her bottom lips was quivering, and she furiously wiped at her eyes. She would not cry. She wouldn't. She hadn't cried since Aoife. She wasn't about to start now.

hey, it's layne. 'Damn it, Deirdre! I'm- Wait, who the hell are you talking about?' He was becoming more and more upset, to the point where he ripped the locket from her hands and stared at the picture. There was....there was another? Aoife? Why did she look so....sickly? Joey couldn't handle it. He broke down in that moment in soft sobs, displaying his true character as he fell to his knees. 'I'm so sorry, Deirdre...It...It should have been me, not her....I should have been there, I should have been there.' He stiffened up and slowly stood, bringing Deirdre into a soft hug for just a moment. 'I'm so sorry, I love you, and Maeve so much, and Aoife too... I'm so sorry I've caused you so much grief. I'll end all of this, I promise.' He broke down into hot, sticky tears as he grew ridgid and went out the door, determined to end all of this at once. At least if he was dead, the proceeds of his success would go to Maeve and her well being, and he knew he wouldn't cause Deirdre any more guilt.

((Maybe he goes to take his life, and ends up at Aoife's grave like planned? :3 I just want to cry, between my posts and your posts they're so heart wrenching :,( ))