Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's may reads

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3530 comments only 1 m/t this month but it was a good one.

Beautiful Day- elin hilderbrand
The Inn at Rose Harbor- debbie macomber
The Inn at Rose HarborFly Away- kristin hannah
Silken Prey- john sandford

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14089 comments something about the titles ... Beautiful Day, The Inn at Rose Harbor, Fly Away and Silken Prey seems so soothing and pretty, Sherry. (well, maybe not the Prey part...)
This may sound odd, but I sometimes miss the old days when I selected books merely by their covers or the titles while browsing the shelves of the library rather than from endless tbr lists, recommendations and author / series lists I glean online or get in email recommendations.
I still found some jewels simply by chance back then. I would just plant myself in front of a new shelf each week and study them all until one piqued my interest. Some weeks they would flow into my hands, other weeks not quite as easily. Think of the ones I missed because they were checked out until I made my way back to that shelf again.

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3530 comments Ann wrote: "something about the titles ... Beautiful Day, The Inn at Rose Harbor, Fly Away and Silken Prey seems so soothing and pretty, Sherry. (well, maybe not the Prey part...)
This may sound odd, but I s..."

they all (except prey) had really pretty covers, ann :)

message 4: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3463 comments I'm loving the macomber book so far. I have a neighbor at the shore's copy she bought it from my favorite UBS lady at the craft fair. I guess I missed that one. it's hc glad so far I didn't find anything that would have messed me up not having finished the cedar cove series yet.
Elin is going to be at the shore's bookstore the birthday weekend also stephanie evanovich (who is Janet's niece) and dorthetha. don't know if I'll get to any of the signing would love to go to stephanie's. hey who am I kidding I would love to go to all of them but probably won't.

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3530 comments Donnajo wrote: "I'm loving the macomber book so far. I have a neighbor at the shore's copy she bought it from my favorite UBS lady at the craft fair. I guess I missed that one. it's hc glad so far I didn't find..."

lol about the signings, dj. i've seen elin hilderbrand .. dorothea benton frank was supposed to come to mystic but it didn't work out. i was disappointed- love her books and would have really liked to hear her speak.

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14089 comments DD went to see Mary Kay Andrews last night at Parnassus Books in Nashville and she was thrilled to see her. I unfortunately couldn't go.

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3530 comments Ann wrote: "DD went to see Mary Kay Andrews last night at Parnassus Books in Nashville and she was thrilled to see her. I unfortunately couldn't go."

she's very entertaining, too. i saw her two summers ago at my local bookstore.

message 8: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3463 comments The trouble is I really don't want to buy 2 hcs and a trade and you have to buy the books. I might go to one not all 3. I have wedding/vacation in aug to St thomas so I'm having to buy clothes (everything is big because I lost weight) plus even though I already paid the airfair I still have to pay for my room. and anything when I get there. plus the wedding gift.

message 9: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Donnajo wrote: "The trouble is I really don't want to buy 2 hcs and a trade and you have to buy the books. I might go to one not all 3. I have wedding/vacation in aug to St thomas so I'm having to buy clothes (e..."

St. Thomas sounds wonderful.