The Lost Challenges discussion

Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter, #9; Were-Hunter, #3)
This topic is about Dark Side of the Moon
Archives - BOM/Group Reads > Book 10 Dark Side of the Moon (May 16 to 31)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Susan Michaels was once the hottest reporter on the Beltway Beat until a major scandal ruined her life and left her writing stories about alien babies and Elvis sightings. Life as she once knew it is over, or so she thinks, but then she gets a lead on a story that could salvage her extinct career. She heads to the local animal shelter, expecting a hot news tip, which she gets in the form of a major police cover-up ... for a ring of soul-sucking vampires out to take over Seattle. So much for saving her credibility.

And if that isn't bad enough, she gets talked into adopting a cat and finds she's allergic to it. A cat that turns out to be a shapeshifter who claims to be an immortal vampire slayer on the prowl for the same corrupt cops. her first thought: seek professional help.

But as Susan's drawn into Ravyn's dark and dangerous world, she comes to realize that there's a lot more at stake than just her defunct career. Now it's no longer a question of bringing the truth to her readers; it's a matter of saving their very lives and souls.

Ravyn's life was shattered over four hundred years ago, when he mistakenly trusted the wrong human with the truth of his existence. He lost his family, his honor, and his life. Now, in order to save the people of Seattle, he's forced to confront that nightmare all over again, and to trust another woman with the secret that could destroy him.

In the world of the Dark-Hunters, life is always dangerous. But never more so than now, when a very human woman can shatter their entire world with just one story. The only question is ... will she?

Crystal S (crystalann) I guess I should read this at some point. LOL

Lauren (laurenjberman) This was one of the weakest installments for me. Once again the focus was on never before seen characters and Ravyn and Susan's romance lacked chemistry.

Also, this is the book were Acheron and Artemis's relationship (view spoiler). I also wanted to strangle Nick.

Can you tell I didn't like this one?

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments I'm lagging behind..... not sure when I will get to this one. Hoping to sometime this month.

message 5: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Jun 14, 2013 08:16AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) It was the weakest for me too Lauren. I only gave it one star.

I have it in hard copy. I've been listening to the series and I refused to buy it on audio because it just wan't worth it.

I may get to this one I may not. I already skipped ahead.

From what I remember the romance was weak. But there was some insight into Acheron's life. There was a scene where we really get into his head about just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

I am not remembering specifics about the BHG from this one, but maybe I blocked it from memory.

One of the things I remember also upsetting me was (view spoiler)

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) | 419 comments Susan was one of the most annoying h's I've ever had the displeasure to read. This book, Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon and The Dream Hunter (Dream-Hunter, #1; Dark-Hunter, #11) by Sherrilyn Kenyon were the weakest for me.

message 7: by Lauren (last edited Jun 15, 2013 12:53PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lauren (laurenjberman) Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "One of the things I remember also upsetting me was (view spoiler) "

Yes, that was weird :0/

Danielle RatherReadThanWork wrote: "Susan was one of the most annoying h's I've ever had the displeasure to read. This book, ..."

Ditto, Danielle. Although of the three, I think The Dream Hunter (Dream-Hunter, #1; Dark-Hunter, #11) by Sherrilyn Kenyon was the best. I liked the inventive ending.

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments OMG you guys are making it that I just want to skip these next two....

Lauren (laurenjberman) The Dream Hunter (Dream-Hunter, #1; Dark-Hunter, #11) by Sherrilyn Kenyon is worth reading for the developments in the overall story arc. Its only the romance that falls flat.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I hate to say it but yeah Dark Side of the Moon could be skipped for series relevancy. While those of us chatting here may have thought it was the worst of the series I looked at the reviews and 40% of the people who rated it gave it 5 stars.

The Dream Hunter should be read in my opinion though. It introduces the Dream Hunters which come in to play more and more in the series and some of the side characters do become main characters in later books.

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments Do I need to skim #10 so I'm up to date on the stuff about Archeron's life?

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) ~Melissa~ wrote: "Do I need to skim #10 so I'm up to date on the stuff about Archeron's life?"

I don't think so, but maybe someone who has read it more recently can answer.

There is just one scene that stands out in my head. And it is more about what could happen than anything that did happen.

Lauren (laurenjberman) ~Melissa~ wrote: "Do I need to skim #10 so I'm up to date on the stuff about Archeron's life?"

Unfortunately, the book does include some information that is important to the overall story arc - details on Ash, Stryker and Nick. So I would read or skim.

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments I'm hoping to do that later this week. I'm behind :(

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "I'm hoping to do that later this week. I'm behind :("

I am still on Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon . Maybe I'll read it next week.

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments Seeing what others said I'm planning to just skim it and pay attention to Archeron, HBG and Nick stuff as I go...

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments Ok ~ done. It was ok - Susan was funny at times but annoying at others. Can I just say how f'ing stupid is Nick really you shithead?!?!? Maybe now he will figure out a little bit of what Archeron's life is like with being beholden to someone else for your next meal.

Also at the end of the book Stryker talks about two that are in his power Nick and who was the other one he was referring to because I must have missed that?

Still hate Artemis...bitch!!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Ill read this one during the week

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments Maybe you'll like it more than me....

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Im on Wren's book, so we will see.
I did like Danger's book more than you :)

Go sign up for BDB July Monthly challenge:)

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments I'll go check it out - I never finish them though,lol

Crystal S (crystalann) I finished this one a while back and thought it was soooooo boring. I enjoyed Danger's book too, but thought this one was dull, dull. Susan was borderline TSTL. Nearly getting Ravyn killed because she insisted on tagging along. Susan, you are a human. Sure you're trained in martial arts, but YOU ARE STILL HUMAN!!!!!!! Ravyn is a Dark-Hunter. DUH. God, she made me want to smack her.

And this ---->>>> One of the things I remember also upsetting me was (view spoiler) . I totally agree. What happened with this????

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "It was the weakest for me too Lauren. I only gave it one star.

I have it in hard copy. I've been listening to the series and I refused to buy it on audio because it just wan't worth it.

I may g..."

Hey about your spoiler was that
(view spoiler)

Lauren (laurenjberman) ~Melissa~ wrote: "Hey about your spoiler was that
(view spoiler) "

Yes, that particular DH was (view spoiler).

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments Lauren wrote: "~Melissa~ wrote: "Hey about your spoiler was that
(view spoiler) "

Yes, that particular DH was [spoilers removed]."

Thanks

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments I just started to peek at this one...who the heck is Ravyn?

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments I am getting the feeling this is going to suck!

Lauren (laurenjberman) Most of the characters in this one are new, Ezi :0(

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Lauren wrote: "Most of the characters in this one are new, Ezi :0("

WHAT? I don't want something new. When is Fang's book? I guess this is a skimming one, huh?

Thanks Lauren. I should have known, since I enjoyed Wren's book that I was due for a dud! I'm putting it back on the TBR pile for now then

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments I skimmed/read it. Didn't take long

Lauren (laurenjberman) Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "When is Fang's book? I guess this is a skimming one, huh?."

Fang's book isn't for quite a while. His is #18 - Bad Moon Rising.

Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "I should have known, since I enjoyed Wren's book that I was due for a dud!."

Yeah, after the first few books that got us all hooked, Kenyon started alternating between really excellent ones and complete duds! :0(

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Lauren wrote: "Yeah, after the first few books that got us all hooked, Kenyon started alternating between really excellent ones and complete duds! :0(
: ..."

Yeah, there is a phase of Dream Hunters coming up that were random characters.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments I just started :)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments I must be weird because I really like ravyn. Plus I love his name.

Can someone PLEASE stab Erika? She is a good for nothing squire. What a flake!

RAvyn knows his chick-flicks huh? Kudos for that.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments BTW, it took until 63% into this book before they had sex. Is that a DH record?

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments Yeah Erika was totally annoying,lol but really not a squire. Just one while her dad was on vacation who is really the squire.

Yeah I think that is a record for the sex....

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments I loved Ravyn talking to Jack and helping him with his loss.

Note to Nick: this pity party has gotten old. I'm sick of it

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments I absolutely agree - Nick is a pain in the ass!!

message 39: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Jul 28, 2013 09:05AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Can some breakdown how Acheron tricked Queen bitch because I didn't what he was doing with his six hourglass!

Does Artermis think eventually he will love her because forcing someone to have sex with you is pathetic for beautiful goddess

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I'd have to look up the hourglass part. It made sense when I read it I just don't remember the details. As for Artemis I do think that is what she hopes,he loved her once he could do it again... In her own twisted mind anyway.

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments I didn't totally get the hourglass (view spoiler) thing either. If I remember correctly - she let hers run out but he stopped his when she left so technically when she came back in it would start his hourglass and he would have been done in six hours of her being present - does that sound right Dawn....

God I hate her I hope she never gets a hea or its with a total asshole like her

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "I didn't totally get the hourglass [spoilers removed] thing either. If I remember correctly - she let hers run out but he stopped his when she left so technically when she came back in it would sta..."

I still don't get it. Why six hour glasses?

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments he had to give her 6 orgasms in six hours. Each hourglass counts down 1 hour so he needed 6 of them. Each next one to start when the one before it ended.... hope that makes sense

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "he had to give her 6 orgasms in six hours. Each hourglass counts down 1 hour so he needed 6 of them. Each next one to start when the one before it ended.... hope that makes sense"

No, he had to give her six orgasms in an hour. That much I remember. So I am thinking that Ash counted his "an hour" six times.

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments Sorry about that - I meant six in one hour - each hourglass held the amount of time within the hour to get there and then he stopped it from counting when she left the room and then restarted when she came back and they started again leaving him how ever many minutes left to make his goal.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Ok, I here is what I got from the hourglass scene. I am going to throw in arbitrary times to make it make sense.

Artemis started her timer got her 5 orgasms and left before the hour was up. Let's say one every 10 minutes. So 5 in 50 minutes, then she left the room for 20 minutes. So when she came back her hour glass showed the hour was up. So then Ash gets busy and gives her one every 5 minutes for the next 20 minutes, making 4 more. So if you count the last 2 from the first 50 minutes as taking 20 minutes, her 20 minute outing and the 20 minutes it would take for the last 4 then that is an hour.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments still Scratching my head.

Lauren (laurenjberman) That hourglass business really highlighted my math deficiency, lol!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Lauren wrote: "That hourglass business really highlighted my math deficiency, lol!"

Me too. Because I still don't get it. i am trying to feel dumb but in the end, I am glad Ash got away from that soul-sucking demon Artie.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Ok, I can't believe I actually did this, but maybe pictures will help.

description

The orange line is the length of the hours the BHG was tracking. She started when they made the bet and then again when she came back.

The green is the hour that Ash counted.

« previous 1