Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives 2013 > Series Discussion for Lily Bard Mysteries

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4047 comments Shakespeare's Landlord (Lily Bard Mysteries, #1) by Charlaine Harris Shakespeare's Champion (Lily Bard Mysteries, #2) by Charlaine Harris Shakespeare's Christmas (Lily Bard Mysteries, #3) by Charlaine Harris Shakespeare's Trollop (Lily Bard Mysteries, #4) by Charlaine Harris Shakespeare's Counselor (Lily Bard Mysteries, #5) by Charlaine Harris

The Lily Bard Mysteries is a series of books first published in 1996. The series is narrated in first person perspective by Lily Bard.

Fun fact Lily Bard also makes an appearance in the Sookie Stackhouse series.

If you have read this series what do you think? Or are you planning to check it out?

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary | 15 comments I have read the Lily Bard mysteries. Lily is a maid in a small town with a really horrible past. They are pure mysteries with no paranormal elements. They do not have to be read in order, but it is better if you can. There is a romance for Lily that runs through the whole set. They are good as mysteries and show Lily's character growth as you work through the series.
It was neat to see Lily in her guest appearance in the Sookie books.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra I'm not familiar with the Lily Bard series. Sounds interesting though. I'll have to add them to my to-read list.

What Sookie Stackhouse book did she make an appearance in?

message 4: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4047 comments Sandra wrote: "I'm not familiar with the Lily Bard series. Sounds interesting though. I'll have to add them to my to-read list.

What Sookie Stackhouse book did she make an appearance in?"

Dead as a Doornail...the detectives that come to investigate Debbie's death are Jack and Lily Bard.

message 5: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4047 comments It is unlikely I will get to this book this month but I think I will add the series to my tbr.

message 6: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) Is the only series from Charlaine that I have yet to read, so I think I'll grab the excuse to read it :)

message 7: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 972 comments Dawn wrote: "Sandra wrote: "I'm not familiar with the Lily Bard series. Sounds interesting though. I'll have to add them to my to-read list.

What Sookie Stackhouse book did she make an appearance in?"

Dead as..."

Oh......I didn't catch that. I haven't read this series but plan to one day.