Shut Up & Read discussion

A Different Blue
This topic is about A Different Blue
Archives > A Different Blue by Amy Harmon-June

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lys (new) - added it

Lys (lysrowan) Discuss as you read, but please use SPOILERS for those of us who haven't gotten as far as you!!! (Check out the 'some html is ok' box above the post box for spoiler tags.)

Happy reading and discuss away!

message 2: by Lys (new) - added it

Lys (lysrowan) Hey everyone, Amazon has this for .99 right now (down from $3.99) so grab it while it's hot!

Tana (tana_t) | 3489 comments Mod
I have been waiting to start reading A Different Blue

message 4: by Lys (new) - added it

Lys (lysrowan) I read the first 30 pages last night, just to get a taste for it.

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca How was it Alyssia? I am excited for this one.

message 6: by Lys (new) - added it

Lys (lysrowan) She's one of those protagonists that I think has to grow on the reader. The first part was prologue, so I saw very little of Blue as she explains herself, but she definitely tries to make herself very hard. I'm looking forward to seeing her softness.

Lilly (khaleesi510) Just started this book yesterday evening...on page 65 right now. I like it so far! I think you're right that's she's one of those characters that has to grow on you, but by pg 65 she has for me :) I'm interested to see more of her interactions with wilson

KimeyDiann Hi! I'm new here... when I saw that the group is reading A Different Blue, I knew I needed to join. I couldn't believe there weren't more discussions going on for this great book... I want to talk to someone about it!

I started and finished this book over the weekend and I loved it. I agree that Blue is the sort of character that has to grow on you, but she totally does. She is not the person she tries to make the world believe. And of course I loved Wilson from the beginning, he is just a very kind and wise old soul. I would have loved to have had a teacher like him in high school... He turns what could be a very dull history class into a fascinating lesson. There should be more teachers in the world like Wilson!

Lilly (khaleesi510) I'm 3/4 of the way into this book. I found its one of the books I stay up late reading without even realizing the time. I just want to learn more about Blue! The author really makes you feel for her.

Christie Rich | 335 comments This book is one of those that makes you think and feel, which I love. It's not the normal romance. The story is much deeper than that. I slipped into the book so easily after the prologue, which left me a little confused. Blue grew so much over the course of the book, and she was an inspiration.

Did you guys know that this book is up for the New York Times Bestselling list? It's such a great accomplishment, and I happen to be in a few social media circles with Amy Harmon. Even though I have never met her in real life (lol), she is such a great inspiration, who has written an amazing book. I sure hope she makes that list, and I hope that everyone who loves this book will post their review on the retail sites because that is partly how they choose the bestselling books.

I just think it would be so neat for all of us who loved the book to help it get the national attention it should have :)

Christie Rich | 335 comments Update! She did it, guys. A Different Blue is now #6 on the New York Times Bestseller list! Congratulations to Amy Harmon :) Such a great accomplishment!

Lilly (khaleesi510) Just finished the book! It was so good! Very moving and emotional. I loved how it ended. Glad to hear Amy Harmon made the NY Times bestseller list!

KimeyDiann That is awesome! I read Amy Harmon's Running Barefoot last year and I LOVED it. I didn't even realize she wrote both of these books until after I finished reading A Different Blue. I look forward to her next publication, I am officially a fan. LOL

Christie Rich | 335 comments I still haven't had time to read Running Barefoot, but it's on my list, lol.

I'm just so happy for her.

Jennifer (featherlashes) I just finished A Different Blue. I adored this book. Blue's emotions in this story were palpable and brought me to tears at times, and her personal growth was beautful to read. Thank you Tana for introducing this title to the group. I tend to limit myself to certain genres and I wouldn't have read this book otherwise...and I'm soooo glad I did!

message 16: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Meade (emmameade) | 36 comments A Different Blue is one of the most beautiful books I've read this year.

Stephanie Really enjoyed A Different Blue! Definitely found myself up way too late, caught up in this great story. I loved both Blue and Wilson's characters and enjoyed what they were able to bring out in each other :) Worth the read.