Who's Your Author? discussion

The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
This topic is about The Iron King
Archives 2013 > YA BOM: The Iron King

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Young Adult BOM: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

message 2: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 973 comments I started this on audio awhile ago but I'm a dreadful audio listener so who knows when I will actually finish it.

message 3: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Alisa wrote: "I started this on audio awhile ago but I'm a dreadful audio listener so who knows when I will actually finish it."

I am the exact same when it comes to audio

Sara | 860 comments I've started the book -

Thoughts/Comments on Chapters 1 - 5

Warning, Spoilers ahead...

Meghan is the daughter of a faery king. Is it Oberon or someone else? If he was a king, why was he playing human in the real world and why did he disappear without taking Meghan with him?

Megan was a bit annoying in the first two chapters with the "woe is me" attitude. It's been a few decades since I was a teenager so I was trying to remember that mindset. I did feel for her with the Scott situation though.

Poor Ethan. I hope he was taken to a nice place in Faeryland but the fact that he was replaced by a goblin doesn't bode well. I wonder what type of fae Floppy was?

Love the Bogey. "My closet! Mine!" Stay away from the closet and all will be well.

Twiggs! I wonder what type of faery he is - obviously a nature one.

I'm enjoying the different types of faery we've been introduced to so far - kelpie, bogeys, will of wisps, dryads, goblins, hobgoblins, satyrs, piskies, ogre, etc.

Ash - good guy or bad guy? He terrified the Ethan-goblin. From the description, he might be an elf.

On to the wild hunt...

Sara | 860 comments I am loving this book...

Thoughts/Comments on Chapters 6 - 14

Warning, spoilers ahead...

Oberon is her father so what caused her human father to disappear at the park?

Meghan mentions reading the fairy stories but apparently she forgot the important details - no deals, no thank yous, no true names, no food and drink...

I like Grimalkin. Everyone should have a sarcastic cat guide. I wonder what the favor he is going to claim from Oberon will be.

Something is poisoning the forests and conspiring to make the courts go to war. The chimera seemed to be under someone's control.

The parade of fairy types continues. In these chapters we saw: nixies, sirens, cait sith, unicorns, trolls, centaurs, chimera, kitsune, brownies, house gnomes, norrgen, phouka, and redcaps. I'm familiar with the types except for the norrgen and the phouka. Does anyone know what those are?

Sara | 860 comments Finished the book.

Thoughts/Comments on Chapters 15 - end...

Warning, spoilers ahead...

The creation of the Iron Fey was interesting and logical.

We still don't get the full story on the "incident in the park."

The pack rat gnomes were cute. They reminded me of the Tinker Gnomes from Dragonlance.

We saw wyverns, mermaids, giants, gremlins, hobs, and dwarves in the last few chapter.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Lisarenee | 2046 comments I read the first book when I was in a reading slump. I may revisit it because as I read it I kept saying, "This has everything I like so why can't I get into it?" It had an awesome cliffhanger.

Susanne (suecakes) | 15 comments I've got the book on my ereader, never really got a reason to start it (reading mainly Kelley Armstrong lately) but you know what. This sounds like a good reason.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Iron King (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Julie Kagawa (other topics)