Who's Your Author? discussion

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
This topic is about Angelfall
Archives 2013 > BOM: Angelfall

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments June BOM: "Angelfall" by Susan Ee"

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1)

It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello,

*waves*
I read this awhile back and I do not read YA dystopian or post apocalyptic or any YA really. The heroine was so very mature it was too much for a 17 year old (I think she was 17).
I really loved the world created and the Angels were awesome. Offcourse if there was more heat and even sex it would work much better for me.
Regardless, I think Adult PNR/UF readers will do well with this one since its not YA dramatized yet has a nice YA feel to it. I liked it.

Brianna | 76 comments I read this a while back, and I really, really liked it. and I'm no fan of angels. :)

message 4: by Lisarenee (last edited Jun 21, 2013 03:37PM) (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 2046 comments The sequel to Angelfall has a title, World After (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 2)!

The World After (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 2) will be available Nov. 19 in the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand (and I think Canada). Still no cover.

Brianna | 76 comments I can't wait to read it.

message 6: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments I finished it and loved it. My big question is why is this considered a ya book? Seems like the themes are more adult but the book has young people in.

message 7: by Lisarenee (last edited Jun 30, 2013 07:06AM) (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Dawn wrote: "I finished it and loved it. My big question is why is this considered a ya book? Seems like the themes are more adult but the book has young people in."

It's due mainly to the age of the main character. If the main character is somewhere between the ages of 12 up to 18, a book will most likely get a YA label smacked on to it regardless of content.