Indie Authors discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Wyrd Worlds > Beta Readers

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Space Opera Diva (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 814 comments If you would like someone to 'beta-read' your short story contribution(s) before submission, or you would like to be a beta reader (you don't have to be a contributor), post here!

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1194 comments looking for betas and available to reciprocate! :)
creativebarbwire at gmail dot com
Barb

message 3: by Lex (new)

Lex Allen (lexallenbooks) I'm willing to beta read and I'd like to have mine looked at before submission. I'm a couple weeks away from that point at the moment... but, my name is in the hat! ;o)

Barbara, You're welcome to send yours anytime...
lex.author at gmail dot com.

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma Faragher | 146 comments I could use a beta reader (can someone please define exactly what it is, I have a vague idea) and I'd be happy to give others a look through but I can't check spelling and struggle to spot grammatical mistakes (damn dyslexia). I'm good at picking up inconsistencies though if anyone wants theirs check for that. I still need to do first edits on my piece so it won't be for a week or so that I need a beta reader.

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1194 comments beta-reader or first reader checks for plot inconsistencies and the likes - it's basically a reader.
Editor/proof-reader goes for typos and the likes - if that's not your strong point, just say so.
English is not my mother tongue, but I do spot typos most of the time...
Lex, I'll e-mail you shortly and gladly read yours in return. Same with Emma! :)

creativebarbwire at gmail dot com

message 6: by Lex (new)

Lex Allen (lexallenbooks) Good deal. I'll be looking for yours, Barbara. Mine won't be ready for another week - 10 days, perhaps.
Ciao

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma Faragher | 146 comments I'll check back on this thread when I'm ready for beta reading. Hopefully I'll get it edited this weekend and not get side tracked by other projects

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma Faragher | 146 comments I've done my edits and would like for someone to have a read if they've got time. I can check your's over in return. My email is trixsinclara@gmail.com Do people have a preference for the format they want it in. Word? PDF?

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1194 comments I had a comment this morning that reminded me I did a post about beta readers...
http://creativebarbwire.wordpress.com...
for whoever is still confused about the topic! :)

message 10: by Ubiquitous (new)

Ubiquitous Bubba (ubiquitousbubba) | 418 comments Emma, I just emailed you. I'm good with either a Word or PDF format. I just sent you a copy of my short story as well.

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma Faragher | 146 comments Cool, I'll sort it out when I'm back at my computer.

message 12: by Ubiquitous (new)

Ubiquitous Bubba (ubiquitousbubba) | 418 comments Barb, I just emailed you as well. I also wanted to say that I really liked your blog entry. Very nice.

message 13: by Steph, Space Opera Diva (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 814 comments Is anyone up for proofreading?

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma Faragher | 146 comments Ubiquitous I have sort of started reading yours but I've just moved house so its fallen a bit behind. I'll try to get it done by the end of the week.

Sorry steph, I can't proofread. Well I could, but I'd just end up staring at random words for ages trying to figure out if they are right or not.

message 15: by Ubiquitous (new)

Ubiquitous Bubba (ubiquitousbubba) | 418 comments Hey, Emma. Moving creates enough chaos. No need to add more stress. The end of the week is fine.

I hope your find all of your stuff. During one of my moves, I accidentally packed myself and got lost in shipping. It took me a while to track myself down. In retrospect, I'm not entirely sure that was accidental.

message 16: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1194 comments Ubi, you must be the reincarnation of Douglas Adams. Really. Stop hiding behind the pseudonym and tell us you're him and he didn't actually die, like Elvis and Jim Morrison! ;)

message 17: by Ubiquitous (new)

Ubiquitous Bubba (ubiquitousbubba) | 418 comments Elvis says hello. Actually, he just sneered at me and said he was going out for a while. He paused in the doorway as if he was expecting me to deliver a line. Not knowing what else to do, I just said, "Elvis has left the truck stop."

Jim Morrison isn't speaking to me now. He's still miffed about the "Writers on the Storm" incident.

message 18: by Stan (new)

Stan Morris (morriss003) I can read some. I'll need it in some kind of Word format.

message 19: by Adriaan (new)

Adriaan Brae (adriaan_brae) | 7 comments I'd also be free to help out with Beta reads, if needed, for this edition, or the next one.

message 20: by Samreen (new)

Samreen Ahsan (sam_a_canada) | 13 comments Emma wrote: "I've done my edits and would like for someone to have a read if they've got time. I can check your's over in return. My email is trixsinclara@gmail.com Do people have a preference for the format th..."

I would like to read your book.

message 21: by Samreen (new)

Samreen Ahsan (sam_a_canada) | 13 comments Join CritiqueCircle. You can post chapters by chapters and the authors on that forum will critique it for you.

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma Faragher | 146 comments Sam the anthology is out with all the stories in it. It's free from smashwords at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...
If your interested in beta reading my next book I'll be looking for one in the new year some time.

message 23: by Steph, Space Opera Diva (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 814 comments Emma wrote: "Sam the anthology is out with all the stories in it. It's free from smashwords at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/......"

Good plug. However, time to close this thread...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.