Young Adult Historical Fiction discussion

Keeping the Castle (Keeping the Castle, #1)
This topic is about Keeping the Castle
Group Reads > Keeping the Castle - June 2013

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rhaine | 200 comments Mod
Do you like it? What are your impressions of the characters? What did you think of this book?

*Also, please remember to put spoiler tags around anything that may be considered a major spoiler.*

Kathy Newton (kathlikestolaugh) | 20 comments I enjoyed it. A nice, cute, light read, which my dog also enjoyed-with his teeth. Hopefully the library won't notice. Totally ripped off "I Capture the Castle" (and Cinderella too) but I was okay with it. The main character WAS a wee bit stuck on herself, but I had a good time pretending I was in jolly old England for a few days.

Nisha (nishaa) Just got my hands on it! I enjoyed I Capture the Castle so I'm looking forward to reading this new take on the classic.

Rhaine | 200 comments Mod
I'm about halfway through Keeping the Castle and I'm really enjoying it. I loved the Jane Austen air that it had. I was wondering, though, what everyone else thought of the main character, Althea. Like you said Kathy, I find her also to be a little bit stuck on herself. However I did think that her thoughts, opinions and behavior the Regency era England to be very realistic and I'm really liking her so far!