Pelham Lane Equestrian Centre discussion

Pelham Lane > Jumping Arena

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by layne (new)

layne

message 2: by layne (new)

layne It was the early morning, and Liz needed to give Cleopatra a good run through the jumps course. She'd had Jamie keeping the mare exercised while she'd been visiting a local college that she was going to attend. But more then anything, she missed the beautiful mare dearly, along with her haughty stallion, Fable. Lizbeth took the petite, agile Egyptian Arabian around the outer side of the course, observing the line up of the course before she slowly approached the starting line. Kicking the mare into a long-strided canter, the young mare glided over each jump with ease. Coming up to the last jump, the mare cleared it but her back hock knocked the pole, knocking down the whole jump and causing Lizbeth to frown. Well, they definitely needed to practice more, that was for sure.

message 3: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments Dmitri was up in the early hours of the morning as per-usual, he found that most people slept later giving him the alone time he preferred. He led Clover by her reins towards the jumping arena; jumping was Dmitri and Clover's weakness and Dmitri had every intention of changing that. As he neared the arena his full lips turned down into a frown at the sight of one of the jumps knocked over. His confused eyes darted around before stopping on Lizbeth and Cleopatra, understanding immediately replacing the confusion in his eyes. The frown never left his lips as he considered leaving, he quickly decided against it though; his desire to improve outweighing his dislike of human interaction. Dmitri continued on his way to the arena, stopping only to mount Clover before heading into the arena. His eyes moved over the route as he completely ignored Lizbeth.

message 4: by layne (new)

layne Lizbeth pulled the excited mare to a halt, dropping the reins before she dismounted. Cleo wandered a bit, her ears pricked at the sight of another horse and rider as Liz fixed the jump slowly, racking her brain as to why the mare had tapped and knocked the rail down. Hearing the beat of another set of hooves, Lizzie looked up, surprised to see Dmitri. 'Watch your horse around Cleo. She's temperamental and over-excited this morning, and the last thing I need is an accident.' She remounted the mare, trotting elegantly past Dmitri and his equine as a act of defiance. She met his eyes and offered a smug smile, letting him know that she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. WIth that, she focused her attention on Cleo and took her over the sequence of jumps once more.

message 5: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments Dmitri simply nodded as a sign that he heard what she had said and had to hold back a scowl as she shot him a smug look. A soft sigh passed his lips as he allowed her to run through the jumps, but as soon as she was out of his way he kicked Clover into a steady canter, running through the jumps. The first few went smoothly but near the end of the sequence he heard the sound of the jump's poles falling to the ground. At this a scowl formed on his lips; he hated messing up. He moved so he and Clover were out of the way before dismounting and fixing the jump that had been knocked over, cursing under his breath as he did so. He was annoyed with how he hadn't focused enough on jumping when he was younger because he was was always afraid he would fall; he blamed his past fears for his current setback.

message 6: by layne (new)

layne Liz halted the overly-antsy mare as she finished a run through the course, sighing softly. She had a tendency to be a bit rude when it came to her horses, but she couldn't help with the fact that she was a very competitive person. Dismounting the mare, she slowly made her way over. 'You had a really, really good run there. I'm not an expert, but, I've been over these jumps enough to know the only reason that you knocked that last pole is because your horse held back just a little bit.' Lizbeth said as she held Cleopatra's reins securely within her grasp, her voice much kinder then before as she set the pole back into the jump.

message 7: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments Dmitri paused his actions as he heard her approach him. He remained silent as he listened to her words and his jaw clenched slightly in annoyance. He wasn't angry at her or Clover, he wasn't even angry, just frustrated. When she finished speaking and the jump was fixed he stood up, dusting off his hands. He didn't say anything for a moment, trying to decide how he wanted to end this conversation: he could be rude, but since she was being so nice he decided against it, he could completely ignore her but that was a little harsh and for all he knew she'd just keep talking to him anyway. In the end he decided that a brief response, sufficiently acknowledging that he appreciated her words but also efficiently ending the conversation would be the correct choice. "Thank you, I'll keep that in mind" he said in a clipped tone as he made his way back to Clover and mounting her quickly; riding had always been his escape, being on his horse allowed him to leave everything behind him, including Lizbeth and the possibility of continuing their conversation.

message 8: by layne (new)

layne Lizbeth wasn't hurt, but it did bother her a bit that he so abruptly ended the conversation. Meanwhile, Cleo was getting more and more fired up by the moment, interested in the other horse. It was pretty clear she was as feisty and competitive as her owner. So when Lizbeth mounted the mare, the one thing she least expected was for the mare to take off, throwing her down onto a jump as she preceded to jump out of the arena and take off, leaving a rather shaken up Lizbeth to stand up and brush herself off, trying to process the events.

message 9: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments As the events played out before his eyes Dmitri was frozen in place, shocked by what had just happened. When he finally broke from his stupor he quickly decided to make sure Lizbeth was alright rather than to chase after Cleo; someone else would handle her. He quickly dismounted and tied Clover's reins to the fence just as a precaution before racing over to Lizbeth's side. "Are you alright?" he asked her as his brown, nearly black, eyes scanned her body to check for any injuries. He may not enjoy being around people or really any form of interaction with others, but he wasn't a monster, he still worried when people were injured.

message 10: by layne (new)

layne Lizbeth immediately stood to her feet, disregarding the stinging sensation on her arm. To say the least, she was shocked at his sudden presence. 'I-I'm fine. A few scratches, a few bruises, maybe stitches if it's bad enough. A broken finger at the worst.' She dusted herself off, staring down at her shaking hands for a moment before she looked up at him, then out towards the outside of the arena, relieved to see Cleo grazing around the entrance. With that, she clicked her tongue, holding her arm as she opened the gate and the mare came trotting over.

message 11: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments Dmitri sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation; he knew that his usually peaceful morning practice was now over. Why must I have a conscious? he asked himself before looking back over at Lizbeth; he wouldn't feel all that bad if her left her to deal with her injuries herself, but he would feel a little guilty which was something he had no desire to feel. "Tie her to the fence for now, I'll go get someone to take care of her and Clover" he said, his deep voice hard and firm, a sign that arguing would be pointless. "Now come with me so that we can patch you up" he said "last thing I need is to be lectured for leaving you alone while injured" he tacked on at the end as a way of erasing any thoughts she may have that he was actually concerned about her well being.

message 12: by layne (new)

layne ((I replied in the outdoor arena :) ))

message 13: by layne (new)

layne Lizbeth dug her worn riding boots into the dust of the arena, shaking her head in retaliation. 'I'm fine. I'll be fine. I don't need to be patched up, or anything. Take your horse, Dmitri, and I'm going to bring Cleo in and brush her out.' She said, stubbornly. Of all people that boarded here at Pelham Lane, Lizbeth was definitely the most stubborn. 'Thanks, but I don't need patching up.' She ended, holding her arm close to her as she stepped up and grabbed the reins of her horse.

message 14: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments "I wasn't asking" he said flatly, a blank expression on his face as he stepped close to her. In one swift motion he took the reins from her hands and tied them to the fence. He then grabbed one of her wrists in a gentle yet firm hold. He let his gaze wander around until they landed on one of the stable hands, who he waved over. "Take both horses back to the stables and make sure they are brushed down" he said the second the boy was in earshot. After a quick nod from the boy, confirming he'd heard and understood, Dmitri started dragging Lizbeth away from the arena. "Don't be difficult" he said as he continued yanking her along.

message 15: by layne (new)

layne Lizbeth's jaw dropped at his words, and frankly, she really was unable to process things, jerking her wrist from his hands. 'I'm not being difficult, I'm fine. I don't need your help.' Liz spoke, the headstrong, stubborn and independent young lady shining through. 'You're the one being difficult. You've never payed me a second glance before, why should you now that I've fallen off my horse?' Liz ended with that, gripping her arm tightly to her as the burning sensation continued to grow. It was likely she sprained her wrist, to be honest, along with a broke finger or two. But she'd be back in the saddle by tommorow.

message 16: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments When his hand, which had been holding her wrist, was suddenly empty he looked over his shoulder with a sigh. "You are being difficult" Dmitri stated bluntly "and I don't pay anybody any attention, the only reason I am paying you any right now is because you are injured and I'm not completely heartless" he said honestly, emphasizing the word "completely." He turned so he was facing her and had his toned arms crossed over his broad chest. "You can either come willingly or I can simply carry you over my shoulder, I honestly couldn't care less which way you choose to go, just make your decision quickly" he told her, his eyes never looking away from her's as he waited for her to decided to either go willingly or make him carry her.

message 17: by layne (new)

layne 'Ive never thought you were heartless, and I don't think you are. I think someone's just hurt you so deeply, that you just grew tired of people and you don't waste your time. Of course, I don't know anything.' Liz replied. Being that she was a 5'4 light brunette haired firecracker, her independence and temper occasionally surprised others, as did her riding skill. 'I'm not going to reason with you anymore,' Lizbeth said, completely cutting off as she began to search towards where the stable hand had taken Cleo.

message 18: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments Dmitri was so shocked by her words that he was literally speechless, completely unable to form coherent sentences. When he finally was able to compose himself and get past her blunt way of informing him of what she thought, which just so happened to be dead on, he masked any emotion from his face. He didn't respond to her words, seeing no need to lie when he could simply not respond at all. Without a moments hesitation or a warning he walked up to Lizbeth and placed one arm behind her knees and his other behind her back. In one swift motion he was holding her Princess style and started making his way to the building so he could take her inside and check out her injuries.

message 19: by layne (new)

layne ((Where to next?:) Maybe lounge for one, and...main office or tack room for the other? Or maybe hospital for Desiver?))

message 20: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments ((Umm Dmitri and Lizbeth could go the lounge while Desiver goes to the hospital))

message 21: by layne (new)

layne Sure :) You post first in the lounge and I'll post in the hospital?))

message 22: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments ((Sounds good :D))