Melting the Ice Witch (The Dragon's Hoard, #4) Melting the Ice Witch discussion

Buddy Read - Melting the Ice Witch

Comments Showing 1-50 of 131 (131 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Ami (last edited Jun 04, 2013 03:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Anyone who wants to do it with me and a couple of friends, feel free :)

Ami
Deeze
Mandy*reads obsessively*
AquaScales
Vio
Elske
Elspeth
Candice
Tailtiu

FEW RULES:
- The official release date is June 5th. Feel free to start on that date or several days later, although starting around June 5th - June 8th is preferable to be able to discuss / talk about the book together
- No need to rush, read it in your own pace
- Updates, status, comments are encouraged on this thread
- Spoilers MUST BE put under spoiler tag

Have fun

Mandy*reads obsessively* Ami where is my name? *Sobs and feels unloved*

message 4: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Mandy*reads obsessively* wrote: "Ami where is my name? *Sobs and feels unloved*"

Sorry, dear. I made this thread before I commented you. I am adding it right now, okay xoxo

Mandy*reads obsessively* Sniffle. Ok thank you Ami. ;)

AquaScales I'm in!

message 7: by Vio (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vio Where was my name??? Sniffffff.

message 8: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami I am sorry Vio. Man, I feel like I'm upsetting too many friends early in the game *head desk*

message 9: by Vio (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vio Ami wrote: "I am sorry Vio. Man, I feel like I'm upsetting too many friends early in the game *head desk*"

You are doing all the work! So we do appreciate it lol!

Thanks Ami.....

Elske I'd like to join : )

Deeze Pre ordered.

Mandy*reads obsessively* Ami wrote: "I am sorry Vio. Man, I feel like I'm upsetting too many friends early in the game *head desk*"

Na Ami, we are just messing with you. :D

Elspeth I have never done a buddy read, I would love to join you guys!

message 14: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Elspeth wrote: "I have never done a buddy read, I would love to join you guys!"

Awesome! Just several more hours till the book is released :) (From LT3 website: will be available at approximately 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time on June 4, 2013)

Candice Well since you guys got me hooked on this cute baby dragon - add me to the list

message 16: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Candice wrote: "Well since you guys got me hooked on this cute baby dragon - add me to the list"

DONE :)

Deeze mines not availible till the 6th

Elspeth I just pre-ordered!

Tailtiu I will try to join in.

message 20: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Tailtiu wrote: " I will try to join in."

We love you for trying :)

message 21: by Vio (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vio Downloaded and ready.

Elspeth Downloaded!

message 23: by Vio (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vio I will wait till this afternoon my time to start.

AquaScales Jealous! Can't wait!

message 25: by Vio (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vio AquaScales wrote: "Jealous! Can't wait!"

Sorry lol! I hate these time differences.

message 26: by Ami (last edited Jun 04, 2013 05:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami I downloaded it too :). Ready to be transferred to babyMerlin!! But like Vio, I will wait until my afternoon to start. Giving you people "living in the past" to enter the 5th of June

Elspeth I am going to bed and read for a bit, night night!

message 28: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami I started a bit too... this is the "shortest" of all four of current reads.

message 29: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami At the moment, I am around 20%. No dragons or Tori in sight but there are dogs, falcon, mentioned of cats and mice. I am content *lol*. Kam is well, quiet, but the animals seem to love him!

message 30: by Vio (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vio Ooh good, happy it's cute.

Mandy*reads obsessively* Ami wrote: "I downloaded it too :). Ready to be transferred to babyMerlin!! But like Vio, I will wait until my afternoon to start. Giving you people "living in the past" to enter the 5th of June "

Living in the past. Lol Ami.

Elske Yay, have my copy. I will wait till after work to start it though. probably won't do any work if I start it lol

message 33: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami At 43% ... and only one dragon makes an appearance but the dragon is asleep.

(view spoiler) But I still loved it :)

message 34: by Vio (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vio Ami wrote: "At 43% ... and only one dragon makes an appearance but the dragon is asleep.

[spoilers removed] But I still loved it :)"

No Tori?

message 35: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Vio wrote: "No Tori?"

At 43% not yet. But there is a mention by Lor (one of the main characters) about ... "The dragon was just a baby and he was trapped in human form for some reason. He apparently used some potions from the brother witch to transport and then use fire. The witch was part of his hoard, so the dragon had come to save him. Cutest little thing and so attached to his witch.

... which of course, like we all know, referred to Tori. Hopefully he will appear at second half of the story.

message 36: by Vio (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vio Lol yes!

I bet he makes an grand entrance...

Deeze Good news my copy is here, bad news my stupid ereader is playing up and wont sync it.

Oh well at least its on the computer and ready for when I get home

Deeze Well she did say this wasn't about Tori, but that he would make an appearance lol. I guess we will have to wait till she writes those shorts to get our Tori fix lol.

message 39: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Well, I'm at 54% and DEAR TORI JUST MADE HIS ENTRANCE! (With Jerney). Yup. You all have to wait until half part of the book :)

message 40: by Vio (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vio I think we can cope, right Dee?

Deeze Well as soon as I get over my frustration at Kobo I'll start lol. I swear technology hates me

OK Will check in later, have fun guys

Tailtiu I have my copy but have to work for at least to more hours

Mandy*reads obsessively* Tailtiu wrote: "I have my copy but have to work for at least to more hours "

I'm not gonna start till much later either, I am going to finish sole support and maybe the DD and I want to read Anke's prompt story..then, then I'll read it. :)
I'm a bad buddy. :(

message 44: by Vio (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vio Nope I haven't started it, will get to it tomorrow some time.

message 45: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Don't worry, Mandy, I haven't finished Sole Support either. I am actually reading this one first since it's lighter and shorter

Mandy*reads obsessively* Ami wrote: "Don't worry, Mandy, I haven't finished Sole Support either. I am actually reading this one first since it's lighter and shorter"

I can see that, but I feel the need to get sole over and done with, it will just weigh on me if I don't, but I'm looking forward to light, short and happy when I'm done. :)

Candice I guess I am one of those "living in the past" people since it is early morning on the 5th for me.

message 48: by Tailtiu (last edited Jun 05, 2013 02:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tailtiu Candice wrote: "I guess I am one of those "living in the past" people since it is early morning on the 5th for me."
It`s morning (and for some people still early) at 11am in Germany.

Mandy*reads obsessively* We aren't living in the past, Ami is just ahead of her time.

Candice Tailtiu wrote: "Candice wrote: "I guess I am one of those "living in the past" people since it is early morning on the 5th for me."
It`s morning (and for some people still early) at 11am in Germany."

Its 5 am here, so I'm no too far behind you.

« previous 1 3