Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Christian Fiction Group Reads > June 2013 - Love Finds You in Lancaster, PA by Annalisa Daughety

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments For July 2013, we are reading Love Finds You in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania by Annalisa Daughety.

Love Finds You in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania by Annalisa Daughety

Summary: Two women with nothing in common except the need for a friend and a fresh start. When Amish-born Lydia Ann Raber and Southern belle Caroline DeMarco discover a shared history of loss, the unlikely duo decides to open a gift shop in beautiful Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Lydia Ann is surprised to find herself drawn to handsome woodworker Simon Zook. When God offers her a second chance at love and family, will she take it? Or will the secret Simon harbors cause her even more heartbreak? For Caroline, love comes in the way of newspaper reporter Michael Landis. Their low-key romance is a dream come true for Caroline, a fugitive from an infamous past. Is Michael to blame when the paparazzi start hovering once again, or can Caroline trust him with her heart?

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I read this last summer and quite enjoyed it. Who is planning to join in with this month's discussion?

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 340 comments Mod
I am! I can't wait to get started, but I have a ton of books to read for a summer reading program. Lol. I hope to get to it soon.

message 4: by Diamond (new)

Diamond Jones-Cox (mzaware28) | 105 comments I am too! I just finished reading Love Finds You in Charm Ohio and was excited to see that I get to read more about Lydia Ann Raber in this book.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 127 comments I have this book and will start it soon. I love the Love Finds You series. I think I have them all.

message 6: by Brittany (new)

Diamond wrote: "I am too! I just finished reading Love Finds You in Charm Ohio and was excited to see that I get to read more about Lydia Ann Raber in this book."

LFY in Charm has been on my list for a while! I hope to get to it soon, too!

message 7: by ⚜️Trea (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) I just finished this read today...it helps to have a job where I can sit and read for 4 hours straight, LOL! I liked it a good bit better than LFY in Charm, Ohio, as that one was told from so many points of view that it was too distracting to enjoy. I didn't recall that Lydia Ann was in that book, so I may go back and re-read it. I loved Caroline's "blossoming" into her own and Lydia Ann's quiet strength. I enjoyed the "scenery" in the book as well, made me feel that I was actually in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. All in all, an enjoyable way to pass the time at work!

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Victoria wrote: "I just finished this read today...it helps to have a job where I can sit and read for 4 hours straight, LOL! I liked it a good bit better than LFY in Charm, Ohio, as that one was told from so many..."

Lol! I need to work where you do! XD

message 9: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I am planning on reading it too!

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily | 7 comments I'm planning on reading it. Just need a paycheck on Friday, to be able to afford the book!

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina It has been awhile since I read it, great book.
Blessings,Tina

message 12: by Diamond (new)

Diamond Jones-Cox (mzaware28) | 105 comments ladies I enjoyed the book, can't wait to discuss it!

message 13: by Brittany (new)

I finished the book a few days ago and I thought it was a really sweet, quick read. Now I really want to read Charm, OH since Lydia Ann is in it!

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 127 comments I've started this book now. I can't figure out if Michael is supposed to know who Caroline is?

message 15: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 127 comments Well I just finished. This was a really good book. I read Charm, OH a long time ago and can't remember it, I might have to reread it now.

message 16: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1492 comments Mod
I closing in on finishing... too many distractions, but I'm really enjoying it. Only about 80 pages to go.

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I read this one a couple of years ago but I remember it being a light, fun read. In my review, I commented that I actually preferred the romance between Michael and Caroline versus Lydia Ann and Simon. Did anyone else have a preference?

message 18: by ⚜️Trea (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Rachel wrote: "I read this one a couple of years ago but I remember it being a light, fun read. In my review, I commented that I actually preferred the romance between Michael and Caroline versus Lydia Ann and Si..."

I thought that both romance lines were pretty good, but you're right, the one with Michael and Caroline was just a little bit better...it just seemed to flow where the one with Simon and Lydia Ann was a bit stilted.

I was glad that the plot threads got tied up too, how we got to see how everything worked out with the baby and everything...was a refreshing change for me as many authors I have read recently have seemed to leave things up in the air.