Anas Mahafzah (anasmahafzah) | 1456 comments Mod
Who is better in your opinion?

message 2: by Ammara (new)

Ammara (ammara7) | 329 comments Hermione

message 3: by Anas, PERCABETH !!! (new)

Why?

message 4: by Ammara (new)

Ammara (ammara7) | 329 comments Hermion's not ADHD and she's a better role model than Annabeth. I like them both and they are alike in many ways but Hermione is still a better role model.

message 5: by notyourfriend, Now Im Paigekitty??? (last edited Jun 03, 2013 01:32PM) (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 117 comments Mod
Annabeth is WAY better, but it figures that's where you would stand, Ammara, lol.

message 6: by Ammara (new)

Ammara (ammara7) | 329 comments I think that Annabeth is great, don't get me wrong but if you compare them, I still think Hermione's better. She's been through a lot more than Annabeth and she's waited seven years for the person she loves without argue whilst Annabeth only had to wait for four years. I love them both and htey are both amazing role models but Hermione's character is perfect.And she has evolved so much throughout the course of the books. Hermione's character has won many national and international awards for best female role model.

message 7: by Ammara (new)

Ammara (ammara7) | 329 comments But i guess I am a bit biased.....

message 8: by notyourfriend, Now Im Paigekitty??? (new)

Hermione is nothing without her little time travel thingy though. Annabeth is born to win! Like me.

message 9: by Ammara (new)

Ammara (ammara7) | 329 comments WHAT DO YOU MEAN? SHE ONLY USED THAT THING IN HER THIRD YEAR AND THEN IT WAS DESTROYED! SHE IS KNOWN TO BE THE MOST INTELLIGENT AND POWERFUL WITCH OF HER AGE!!!!!!

message 10: by notyourfriend, Now Im Paigekitty??? (new)

Oh chill. How was I supposed to know that? And so what? She's a witch. Annabeth is a DEMIGOD!

message 11: by Ammara (new)

Ammara (ammara7) | 329 comments I don't want to argue about this because when j.k rowling wrote harry potter she included a lot of greek stuff in it so Hermione and Annabeth should be friends not enemies. Plus I don't want to get my temper up or I might say something I shouldn't. PJ and HP are supposed to be united against twilight not themselves!

message 12: by notyourfriend, Now Im Paigekitty??? (new)

Lol! Im good with that.

message 13: by Ammara (new)

Ammara (ammara7) | 329 comments Good because Twilight is the worst thing that ever happened to this world...........

message 14: by notyourfriend, Now Im Paigekitty??? (new)

Lol, yea.

message 15: by Anas, PERCABETH !!! (new)

Agree !!

message 16: by Anas, PERCABETH !!! (new)

Paigetwo Post on the mod chat

message 17: by Sheechiibii (new)

Sheechiibii | 120 comments I like Twilight...

I would comment on the whole Hermione or Annabeth thing but since I'm not a Harry Potter fan I'd be beyond bias lol

message 18: by Ammara (new)

Ammara (ammara7) | 329 comments :D

message 19: by Ammara (new)

Ammara (ammara7) | 329 comments If you like twilight, could you do me a big favor? I'm writing a book on Wattpad (nonfiction) called Harry Potter vs Twilight. It's not biased at all, it just portrays the facts. I've done a chapter on Harry Potter and I need to do one on Twilight but I need someone who has read and liked Twilight to do so. Here is a copy of my Harry Potter paragraph. If you could just write the same things except for twilight, that'd be great! Oh, and if you want, I'll even give you credit for that chapter. I asked a friend of mine to do it but she and I have the same problem, we would end up being very biased so I need another perspective. Here is my HP THING:

Let's begin with Harry Potter.The author of Harry Potter, J. K Rowling, was a struggling single mother when she began to write Harry Potter. She got the idea of The Sorcerer's Stone on a train from Manchester to London in 1990. Rowling wrote her first drafts of Harry Potter in a small cafe. She worked hard to get the book published when it was finished but not publisher would take it until Bloomsbury finally decided to take it. J.K Rowling became the first person ever to be a billionaire from writing books and became a legendary figure in history. Her books earned a fame like non other and flourished, raged like a fire from country to country. Soon, Harry Potter became known worldwide and began to collect numerous fans as the series went on and the movies were created. The woman who once was supported by welfare and atin soup kitchens became wealthier than the queen of England herself! Recently, Rowling has given up large sums of money towards charity and has lost her billionaire status but has earned more respect from the world. She does this because she understands that she once ate her dinner from charity money and wanted to help those who were in her place. She has become a role model for many people around the world. The Harry Potter books were the first books included on New York times bestseller list since Charlotte's web in 1952. When the Prisoner of Azkaban was released in Britain, the publisher requested stores not to sell the book until school was out to pevent truancy. Meaning that many students would have tried to skip school or break out early just to get the book. As of 2005, if all Harry Potter books, paperback or hardback, ever sold were laid out edge to edge, they would cover Brazil entirely. Now, all of South America.

Fast facts-

Michael Jackson, being a huge Harry Potter fan, asked J.K Rowling to let him do a Harry Potter musical sort of thing but she denied his request thinking it would not turn out right.

Every 30 seconds, someone begins to read Harry Potter.

A highschool student once wrote the entire first chapter of The Sorcerer's Stone on a wall in her school bathroom stall.

The least financially successful Harry Potte book (The Prisoner of Azkaban) made 90 million more dollars than the most successful Twilgiht movie ever did.

message 20: by Sheechiibii (new)

Sheechiibii | 120 comments Oh jeez, I don't think I'd be much help. I've read the books and liked them, but I don't really know anything about them as far as facts about how they were written or Stephanie Meyer stuff either. I'm not a huge fan of the books or the films, so I don't have much information to give I'm afraid :(

message 21: by Ammara (new)

Ammara (ammara7) | 329 comments It,s ok :) I'm just looking for ANYBODY who could help.

message 22: by ranya (new)

ranya (ranya3394) | 131 comments I don't know.., Annabeth or Hermione! That's hard...

message 23: by Anas, PERCABETH !!! (new)

They are similar

message 24: by ranya (new)

ranya (ranya3394) | 131 comments Oh I don't know...

message 25: by Anas, PERCABETH !!! (new)

Yes they are
They even look like each other

♆Some-person♆ (havendar) | 258 comments Um....no they don't.

message 27: by Anas, PERCABETH !!! (new)

Yes they do .
Kind of

message 28: by Anne (new)

Anne | 29 comments Sort of...
But oohh. that's hard.
They're both really smart... I'm going to have to go with Annabeth because she's more mischievous. It's kind of like she has more fun...

message 29: by Anas, PERCABETH !!! (new)

I don't know but I like Hermione

message 30: by Gayathri (new)

Gayathri (g3thebibliophile) | 2 comments Annabeth vs Hermione?
That would be difficult to decide.
Well, to start with, I find them similar in many ways.
Annabeth loved to read books. She was really smart, wise, intelligent and all that, considering she was gestated by Athena, the goddess of wisdom. We can also understand that she is, indeed, brave, from having a look at all the adventures she had had the courage to face, with Percy. One does not simply go and face so many monsters with mere wisdom – Bravery counts too. Another fact it that she truly cares for the people she loves. This can be learnt from her reaction to memories of Thalia, her reaction to the fact that Chiron had been fired (in the ‘sea of monsters’), and many other things. She, sort of like, irritated Percy at the beginning, before they actually started becoming good friends. But later on, she started accepting his ideas too, instead of just considering him dim-witted. She didn’t care about what others thought about her.
Now, consider Hermione. We don’t easily forget the fact that the Hogwarts library was her favorite place in the whole world. Nobody has to tell us, to understand, that she was totally crazy over books. She was smart, wise, intelligent and all that, considering she wasn’t put in ravenclaw only because she preferred Gryffindor. After all, “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” And just because she preferred Gryffindor, it doesn’t mean that the sorting hat would blindly fulfill her wish. She was obviously brave – well, Voldemort wouldn’t have been defeated if she hadn’t been brave. The brave young girl had accompanied Harry on most adventures, exactly like Annabeth had accompanied Percy. And, nobody could question the fact that Hermione cares for almost everyone (including the house elves). Just the way Annabeth had done, Hermione had irritated Harry and Ron, asking them not to break rules and being a know-it-all, until the mountain troll incident. But later on, she started admitting that breaking rules were not always bad. She didn’t care about what others thought about her.
The similarities don’t just end there. But of course, there are lots of differences too. Choosing between them would be a really tough task. But if I were to choose, my choice would be totally biased, because I like the Harry Potter series better than the Percy Jackson series. But that shouldn’t affect me choosing between two of my favorite characters in English literature.
So, I just decide to say, they are both good in their own ways and like every being on earth, they have flaws too.

message 31: by Gayathri (last edited Dec 10, 2013 06:31AM) (new)

Gayathri (g3thebibliophile) | 2 comments Ammara wrote: "If you like twilight, could you do me a big favor? I'm writing a book on Wattpad (nonfiction) called Harry Potter vs Twilight. It's not biased at all, it just portrays the facts. I've done a chapte..."

Hey, Ammara, You've got an account on wattpad? That's cool! I've got an account too :)What's you user name??

message 32: by Audrey (new)

Audrey ~AudgPaudg~ (audgpaudg) | 17 comments AAAAAH WHO ASKS SUCH QUESTIONS?

message 33: by Anas, PERCABETH !!! (new)

I agree I newly read the HP series and I just love both of them . I dont know how to pick but I think Annabeth would win in a fight because she actuallu2 fights and she has great strategies