r/books discussion

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
This topic is about The Lies of Locke Lamora
Monthly Group Read > [Lies of Locke Lamora] Reading Schedule

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie, Super Mod (last edited Jun 18, 2013 10:37PM) (new)

Stephanie (lastnightsbook) | 346 comments Mod
Welcome to our June book of the Month, The Lies of Locke Lamora!

I know nothing about The Lies of Locke Lamora, I just know it was on my reading list.

Feel free to keep up or read at your own pace and comment anytime.

June 1st-June 7th Part I, Prologue- Ch.3

Discussion thread for June 1st-7th found here

June 8th- June 14th Ch. 4- Ch 8

Discussion thread for June 8th to 14th found here

June 15th- 21st - Ch 9- Ch 14

Discussion thread June 15th- 21st - Ch 9- Ch 14

June 22- 30 Ch 15- Epilogue and closing thoughts.

Discussion thread for June 22- 30 Ch 15- Epilogue and closing thoughts.

I will be researching for extra stuff on the book as we go along but for the moment,

Scott Lynch's website

Happy reading everyone and I look forward to your bookfaces!

message 2: by Ashley (last edited Jun 02, 2013 09:52AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ashley (icecheeseplease) I'm looking forward to this one, starting it today!

Emma (infinitejest88) Thought I'd give this group read thing a whirl. I've always wanted to join a book club but I could never find one that read the things I wanted to. Unfortunately missed out on last month but I've just picked up my copy of The Lies of Locke Lamora! I never read fantasy books so I hope it's good! :)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Emma wrote: "Thought I'd give this group read thing a whirl. I've always wanted to join a book club but I could never find one that read the things I wanted to. Unfortunately missed out on last month but I've j..."

I'm so glad to hear this! Also keep in mind that if the monthly group read isn't to your taste some months feel free to start up a book support read.

I look forward to hearing from you!

David Ranney (davidranney) I have begun reading, as well. As expected, I have taken to the book immediately.

So Annie, feel free to make the Part 1 discussion thread so I can inundate you all again with my thoughts and observations.

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 5 comments Oh shoot, I just realized the book was picked. I'll have to pick it up and get caught up on the reading. Sounds like an interesting pick!

Annamaria Herrera | 2 comments I am new here and new to the book club thing, but I have enjoyed lurking r/books for a few months now. I just bought the book for Kindle so I can catch up. I am looking forward to the discussion.

message 8: by Ashley (last edited Jun 03, 2013 08:35AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Annamaria wrote: "I am new here and new to the book club thing, but I have enjoyed lurking r/books for a few months now. I just bought the book for Kindle so I can catch up. I am looking forward to the discussion."

I'm so glad that you decided to join us, Annamaria, and I look forward to hearing from you!

message 9: by Stephanie, Super Mod (new)

Stephanie (lastnightsbook) | 346 comments Mod
Hello Annamaria! Thanks for joining us! I'm sure you'll be a good contributor towards this month's discussions! :D I'm looking forward to your comments!

message 10: by Megan, Mod (new) - rated it 2 stars

Megan (maptree) | 198 comments Mod
Hi Annamaria - Welcome!

I just got the book too and am only up to page 17 - have soooo many other things on my plate but so far it is a great read!

message 11: by Megan, Mod (new) - rated it 2 stars

Megan (maptree) | 198 comments Mod
Emma wrote: "Thought I'd give this group read thing a whirl. I've always wanted to join a book club but I could never find one that read the things I wanted to. Unfortunately missed out on last month but I've j..."

Hi Emma - I have never been to a group thingy either - but we are all nice and friendly so....

Welcome Welcome!!

message 12: by Alex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alex Tveit (vikingabroad) | 33 comments Found the group from the original Goodreads reddit group. Startin a bit late, but hoping I can catch up:)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Vikingabroad wrote: "Found the group from the original Goodreads reddit group. Startin a bit late, but hoping I can catch up:)"

Feel free to jump in any time, we look forward to hearing from you!

message 14: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex (alexgmcm) | 41 comments I just started reading this and remembered you guys had read it. I had quite a selection of books to choose from but was glad I started reading this as its been excellent so far!