A Summer Vacation discussion

Town > Park

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 03, 2013 12:55AM) (new)

Dahlia was just strolling along the pavement when she noticed a girl jogging past her. Dahlia, being in a very good mood, waved and gave her a warm greeting. "Hi, mate! Nice day, huh?" she said, smiling at the stranger.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yep!" Dahlia said, smiling widely, "You? Wait..."-she rubbed her chin-"you're a tourist, aren't you?" She smiled before noticing she was holding back the stranger tourist. Realizing her great mistake, she apologized, "Oh! I'm sorry for holding you up! Um-ah, you can't go on with your jog, so sorry!"

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Dahlia followed the elder girl and sat down beside her on the bench. She smiled and answered, "Well, I recognize the usual visitors that are locals here by memory. I didn't see you around as one of the locals, so I guessed you were a tourist." She then blushed at that, becoming very embarrassed for her own actions. Memorizing other people's constant behavior seemed a lot like...an intrusion of privacy.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"Konstantina sounds very...nice. I wish I had a cool name like that. Besides, I'm Dahlia Hilton," Dahlia replying and taking the stranger's hand and shook it. "So, where are you from?"

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

"Greece...I know some sites there...The Acropolis? The Epidaurus, Corinth, Olympia, Vergina Museum and the Greek city of Sparta! Did I get those right?" Dahlia asked, tilting her head slightly to the side.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"Just taking a walk, it's not as if anybody minds," Dahlia said shrugging. "But, oh well. It's kind of better than being stuck at home with absolutely nothing to do. Not even homework."

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"Nah, as long as I'm where most of the locals hang out, they say I'll be fine since neighbors stand up for one another and that stuff. And I can hang out with other kids...today's not a day when I do since...well, the other kids are busy with their own stuff like skateboarding," Dahlia explained.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

"Bye," Dahlia said, giving her new 'friend' a wave of goodbye and ran off, looking for her other friends that she was on the way to meet.