A Summer Vacation discussion

Town > Rusty's Markets

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Mitch picked his way through the markets, eyes flicking over the varying delectable fruits. Oranges, lychees, grapes, apples, grapefruit, pomegranates- it was all there. Mitch prided himself on his healthy diet and it certainly helped his buff figure as well. Today was his day off from lifeguarding but he was already missing the crystalline waters. He licked his lips, coming across the pastry section. This was Mitchell's favourite part of the store by far, and he pulled out his wallet to buy a packet of biscotti for his mother and an apricot danish for himself.

message 3: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 10 comments Mercy scanned the area. She was told by a local that this was the best place to get food from, but gee, it was busy. The fruit looked especially nice, it was probably grown somewhere near here. She slowly shuffled along, just like everyone else, trying not to make any eye contact. She was sure that her aunt had friends here; friends that she probably didn't want to meet. She ran through her shopping list Citrus fruit, bananas, greens.... She needed a lot of energy this weekend, she was auditioning at a dance workshop, a triple threat one no less, and she needed to be in top condition for it. She was deep in her thoughts when she bumped into someone, spilling both parties groceries.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Something knocked into Mitch, barely moving him but he could not say the same for the fruit. His eyes flickered to the girl who had stumbled into him and he immediately put his hands out to steady her. She was quite pretty, he noticed and offered her a flirty grin. "Hey there, stranger." He smiled and bent down to pick up her groceries for her. Once everything was back in the basket, Mitch handed it back to her with a smile and quickly retrieved his own belongings. His eyes scanned her figure subtly, then returned them to her eyes.

message 5: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 10 comments ((i'll have to go soon))

She blushed a deep crimson. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry." She fixed her different coloured eyes on him, her brows furrowed. She looked at the basket. Most of the fruits were saved, but her broccoli, on the other hand, was smashed to bits. Her clumblysness found her way here with her. Some people that had witnessed the ordeal were staring for a second, but mostly got bored and moved on with their life after a few seconds. "I'm so sorry." She apologized. "I'll pay for any damage." He seemed okay with it, but that didn't make her feel any less bad about it.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

((No problem))

"Don't worry about it." He laughed and offered her her basket. He saw the broccoli smashed on the ground and made his way to a nearby stand and handed them a five dollar note. He took a bunch of broccoli and put it in a bag, placing it in her basket. "There you are. Now, may I ask for your name?" He grinned, fixated on her polychromatic eyes. They were quite intriguing, and Mitch couldn't quite tear his eyes away.

message 7: by ѕтαяк (last edited Jun 05, 2013 08:50PM) (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 10 comments She smiled. "Oh, thank you." She said, taking the broccoli from him. She felt him studying her eyes and blushed. "They are a genetic mutation. Nothing much." She said. "Anyway, uh, what is your name?" She asked shyly. "I'm kind of new here, don't know anyone." She explained innocently. "I live in the mansion across town." She replied sheepishly.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"Mitchell. But you can call me Mitch." He grinned and chuckled as she gave him a bashful smile. "I've been here for most of my life. I could give you a tour sometime?" He offered, walking beside her as they roamed the markets. She had an innocent air around her, but it was one he was intensely attracted to. He knew he would be seeing much more of Mercy.

message 9: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 10 comments She smiled. "I might be local soon enough. I'm living with my aunt right now, but she isn't really here, and I doubt that she will be any time soon, so I'm kinda just expecting a quiet summer this year." She said innocently. "I work at the animal shelter right now, I don't need the money, but I want to pass the time and do something good. What do you do?" She asked, noticing his muscular body and summer-like skin.

((GTG sorry!))

message 10: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 10 comments ((Back))

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Mitch smiled in response to Mercy's words. "I'm actually a lifeguard down at the beach." He grinned, and thought for a few seconds. "A friend of mine works at the animal shelter. Perhaps you know her?" He asked, scratching the back of his head. The two walked among the stalls, occasionally picking something out and putting it in their baskets.

message 12: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 10 comments She shook her head no. "Probably not. I'm not the most social one. I might have seen her, but I don't know her." She explained. "I don't really work up front in the office, I'm usually in the back, feeding the ones that everyone else is afraid to go near." She said. "You preparing for something too?" She asked, nodding to his basket, which was also filled with healthy things. "...Or do you just normally eat like that?"

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"Maybe you guys just have different shifts. She loves every single one of those animals." He murmured and returned his gaze to Mercy's. "Oh, I eat like this every day. How else would I get these muscles?" He joked and flexed his arm, muscles bulging impressively.

message 14: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 10 comments She smiled and raised her eyebrows. "Impressive." She said, laughing a bit. "Not me. I used to eat well before I moved here, but since coming here, well, there are so many cool things to try out, I've kind of lost that habit. I only just started training again." She said, completely forgetting that she was talking to a complete stranger who had no idea what she was talking about. "I have an audition this week, I'm not sure If I can do it."