Janet Tronstad - Dry Creek & Other Stories discussion

Welcome to New Members > Welcome to New Members

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 1207 comments Mod
If this is your first time here, welcome!! We have a fun, caring community and we're looking forward to getting to know you better. So, don't be shy. Leave a message here introducing yourself.

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie Arndt (aearndt) | 8 comments Hi, I'm Angie Arndt and I live in SC. Mary introduced me to the group and said how much fun you all are. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

message 3: by Melody (new)

Melody | 304 comments Welcome Angie! Glad to have ya with us! :)

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie Arndt (aearndt) | 8 comments Melody wrote: "Welcome Angie! Glad to have ya with us! :)"Thanks, Melody! Lovely name!

message 5: by JanetTronstad (new)

How nice to meet you, Angie! Mary is a sweetheart and I'm glad she invited you over here. Tell us a little about yourself -- single? married? hobbies?

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 218 comments Welcome, Angie! We're glad to have you here!

message 7: by Angie (new)

Angie Arndt (aearndt) | 8 comments JanetTronstad wrote: "How nice to meet you, Angie! Mary is a sweetheart and I'm glad she invited you over here. Tell us a little about yourself -- single? married? hobbies?"

Kathy wrote: "Welcome, Angie! We're glad to have you here!"
Thanks so much, Kathy and Janet! :) I'm married with two children and four grandchildren. I like to write, take photographs and, of course, read.

message 8: by Melody (new)

Melody | 304 comments Thank you Angie, I am quite fond of it! :)

message 9: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments Hi Angie you look like you will fit right in, glad to have you here..

message 10: by Angie (new)

Angie Arndt (aearndt) | 8 comments Paula-O wrote: "Hi Angie you look like you will fit right in, glad to have you here.."
Thanks, Paula-O, I take that as a great compliment.

And Melody, I hope so! ;)

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 148 comments Welcome, Angie. I'm glad you joined our group.

message 12: by Melody (new)

Melody | 304 comments Well I was my Mom's second hardest kid to name, she said nothing felt right when she looked at me. I am forever grateful she said no to Fiona which was my Dad's pick for me, and named me Melody instead. :)

message 13: by JanetTronstad (new)

Your mom is right, Melody. You're not a Fiona, but you are a Melody!

message 14: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 287 comments Bragging Angie up a little, she was an artist, but with her fibromyalgia, etc, she started writing more. She is a member of ACFW, MBT, local chapter in SC, and is working on a novel. I met her online in the MBT class.

message 15: by JanetTronstad (new)

angie, do you have any photos of your artwork? Feel free to share some in our photo section.

message 16: by Angie (new)

Angie Arndt (aearndt) | 8 comments Thanks so much, Barbara!

Melody, too cool that your mom picked a name that fit you rather than have you pre-named. You do look like a "Melody."

Aw, Mary. Thank you so much! And yes, I love MBT. Learned so much there.

Janet, I specialized in pen-and-ink drawings of old houses, but my hand and arm just can't grip the pen like I used to. I do have some photos on my website and I'll be glad to post some in the photos section -- if I can figure out how to do it. LOL! Thanks so much for suggesting I do that. :)

message 17: by Melody (new)

Melody | 304 comments Thanks Angie! :) Look forward to your photos!

message 18: by Angie (new)

Angie Arndt (aearndt) | 8 comments Thank you, Melody! I put three up in the photos section, I hope that's okay.

Thanks so much for the very warm welcome, everyone!

message 19: by JanetTronstad (new)

Angie, I love your drawings!! I love old houses like that, too, and you have captured the feeling exactly.

message 20: by Angie (new)

Angie Arndt (aearndt) | 8 comments JanetTronstad wrote: "Angie, I love your drawings!! I love old houses like that, too, and you have captured the feeling exactly."

Oh, thank you so much! :) You've made my day! :)

message 21: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments Welcome, Angie! You will love this group! I'm off on vacation right now but you'll see me a lot here!

message 22: by Angie (new)

Angie Arndt (aearndt) | 8 comments Valri wrote: "Welcome, Angie! You will love this group! I'm off on vacation right now but you'll see me a lot here!"

So nice to meet you, Valri! I hope you have a good time and get home safely. :)

message 23: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 136 comments Welcome to all the new Members! =)