Beyond Reality discussion

General SF&F discussion > Carol Berg's Rai-Kirah series (whole series spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3218 comments Mod
Some months back, the group read Transformation and some people went on and read the other 2 books in the series, Revelation and Restoration. This topic is to discuss the whole series. SPOILERS LIKELY

message 2: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

So, one question I had after reading the trilogy is whether the Gastai are ever healed, freed, or defeated.

message 3: by Gallandro_83 (new)

Gallandro_83 | 2 comments Kathi wrote: "So, one question I had after reading the trilogy is whether the Gastai are ever healed, freed, or defeated."

It was my take that they were left in the new world and the ones that weren't killed by Kastrman lived their half lives until they simply faded away.

message 4: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

No, I mean the ones who were the hunters, who were going crazy, who stayed in the frozen land where all the "demons" lived until Seyonne helped some of them go back to their homeland. The Gastai were still preying on souls, I think, at the end of the trilogy and the Wardens were still battling them. I just wondered if we got any sense of what would happen to them.

message 5: by Gallandro_83 (new)

Gallandro_83 | 2 comments I don't know if it was ever spelled out but once Seyonne appeared in the frozen lands after he was transformed and told them that the way was safe I thought they passed through the gates as well eventually. Now that the nameless god is dead he could no longer torture and drive the demons to madness as he was responsible for the hunters being as bad as they were. I thought that they would heal over time and then continue on to Kir'Navarrin.

message 6: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

I could be wrong but I thought it was the Wardens' constantly defeating the demons but not killing them that was causing the madness.

message 7: by Maggie (new)

Maggie K | 298 comments I have read I and II and loved them...am hoping to get to Restoration later this month