Medieval Kingdoms/ Fantasy Roleplay discussion

Infernus Settings > Dark Forest

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Pennie “ᙓᕓᙓᖇϒ〇ᘉᙓ’ᔕ ᙧᙓᖳᖇᗪ‚ ᖳ’ᙨ ᙪᖳᔓᗩᖇᖇᙓ” | 589 comments Mod
(( It's where the shadows hide at night. Be sure to stay hidden. There are things lurking in the dark ))

message 2: by Raye (new)

Raye Zashara walked through the forest hidden in her cloak and her magic. The black snake Wrath, lay around her neck, and an emerald green snake was wrapped around her left forearm.
She didn't really have a paticular reason to come here, she just needed to get out of the castle and be somewhere alone, where she could practice her magic. The ball had been a useless waste of time. She was angry, and worse, she was bored.

Ashlin walked the forest feeling her way around. Her mission was set in her mind. Her sould led her to where she needed to go. Her heavy armor dragged her down. Her heavy sword on her shoulder. She had been walking forever, her master forcing her to kill. She had no emotions, only the soul of a demon.

message 4: by Raye (new)

Raye Zashara knew of a clearing a good way into the forest, where nothing grew and the ground was bare stone. She'd used it to practice her magic and charge her power before. It was also a place she went to to unwind, somewhere she didn't have to keep up appearances. She'd never admit that, of course. It would make her look bad, make her look weak. She had a reputation to keep up, after all.
The way to her clearing was a bit dangerous, but Zashara had made the trek many times before, and knew the way well. Besides, there was little in the forest that could actually threaten her, and even among those, most wouldn't dare, knowing the wrath the royal family would bring down on them.

Ashlin felt around every tree, her feet going over the roots and her hair covering her face. She clenched her jaw, her path was in a straight line as she felt her demon side take over. Her heart quickened... then stopped. The name of her target disappeared from her mind. The real Ashlin came back. She fell to her knees just to 'see'. Her sword disappeared onto her armor.

message 6: by Raye (new)

Raye Zashara stopped, sensing something unusual. A power stronger than most she encountered on this path... In some distress? It wasn't like her to go around saving people, but it had peaked her curiosity. Envy, Wrath, feel like a detour at all? She asked her snakes. They hissed their approval, and she began heading toward the new presence.

Ashlin kept her face straight. She had no idea where she was, her mind was in distress. Her armor slowing her down. She shivered, knowing it was meloncoly (don't correct me) over the blackness of her vision.

message 8: by Raye (new)

Raye This was strange, even for the forest. Zashara moved faster, dropping her concealment spell. She was close... Almost there. What in Hades was going on here?

Ashlin felt something nearby. She felt around her being. Her heart going fast. She took deep breaths and stood up. Since there was, hopefully, a tree, she leaned on it. Her arms crossed, kind of. Her face turned away. She didn't know what could be lurking for her.

message 10: by Raye (new)

Raye Zashara saw a girl huddled against a tree. She was wearing some kind of armor an had something across her face. Zashara took down her hood and lit a small glowing blue ball of cold fire in her palm. The girl's eyes were bandaged... She was blind, for now at the very least. Blind and in the shadow forest. Not a good combination. "Are you hurt?" She asked, not really sure how to break the ice "This place is extremely dangerous, you know. You shouldn't be here"

Ashlin didn't turn to the voice. She tilted her head down and sighed. "I actually don't know... How I stumbled her is a long story and it's never worth telling," she said strictly, emotionless. Her memories replayed back. Of her families' death, of her master making her bound to him. Then the bloody mess right before she lost her eyes. She shuddered, making her armor rattle. She sighed again. "And if your wondering about the armor and my bandages... that also revolves around the same long story."

message 12: by Raye (new)

Raye "I won't ask then." Zashara said simply. "But this is no place for someone in your condition. There are things in this forest that would eat you alive, and that's if you're lucky." Zashara would be the first to admit that her reasons for helping the girl weren't exactly selfless. After a night wasted at that stupid ball, here was something actually interesting. "Can you walk?" She asked, "I can lead you out of here."

Ashlin shrugged. "I didn't mean to wander in here. And I know, I've been told it's dangerous in here." She nodded to her question. "I can, but sometimes it's safer to crawl..." she said quietly. "If you want, that'd be great." Her hand traveled to a bag by her waist. She grabbed it and sniffed it. Her head immediately turned to the person she was talking to. "This isn't one of those times," she said, her voice sounded more devious and mischievous.

message 14: by Raye (new)

Raye Zashara raised an eyebrow. This girl had better not be toying with her. She had quite a bit of pent-up frustration in her, and if someone decided to mess with her, she wasn't about to hold back. "Excuse me?" Zashara said, her tone as cold as the unnatural fire she mastered.
((And while the following scene would likely be epic and awesome, I am afraid I must go. Bad timing, I know. Goodnight to you, and btw, I think Ashlinn is a really cool character.))

(( Aw... and thanks ^-^ ))

Ashlin made a confused face, indicated by her eyebrows. "I may be blind, but at times I can 'see'." She put the little bag back by her waist and smirked. Her sword appeared in her hand as she lifted it over her shoulder.

message 16: by Raye (new)

Raye "Good then," Zashara said, the power and darkness mainly gone from her voice, but still suspicious. "Think you can find your way out on your own? I do have business here"

Ashlin felt around and shrugged. "I know that I wandered in here. But that reason is only for me to know." She crouched down getting a pinch of soil, then smelled it. She sighed and started walking, her target's place in mind. A twitchy smirk was placed on her face as she walked. This was her greatest job and if she did it, her master might let her do what she wants. The reason why it was great? She had to assasinate a royal.

message 18: by Raye (new)

Raye "Fine" She really disliked being toyed with. "Then you get on with your business and I'll get on with mine" Zashara put up her hood, and re-cast her cloaking spell. Wrath whispered a warning in her ear, so she cast a spell of hyper-awareness as well. She turned away, heading back to her own path

Ashlin nodded and went on her path. Her senses tingling though, feeling something she had ignored. The feeling of a royal or a relative of her target. Her feet stopped as her brain shouted at her to move. "Your a relative of Xathe right? Royal princess or Infernus?" She asked, her smirk going away. Her demon side was impersonating the real Ashlin.

message 20: by Raye (new)

Raye Zashara hissed. She should be more than Xathe's little sister. "And if I was?" she asked, a little annoyed.

Ashlin recognized the tone, but shrugged it off. "Could I please meet her? I'll do anything to meet her," she said shyly, yet begging. Her sword disappeared to her armor as she got on her knees. "I'll do anything for you or her or even a little peasant to meet her." Her demon side was smirking, but it didn't show on her face.

message 22: by Raye (new)

Raye "Sure if you want to me her-high-and-mightiness, Lady Featherbrain I might be able to pull some strings." Zashara said. "It probably won't be worth your time. Where do you fall socially? Because if you're common, she'll barely give you the time of day" She smirked a little. A commoner in the castle... that could be fun to see...

The demon sneered. Ashlin is considered a commoner but her master is an ex knight and had gotten lots of money. "My father is an ex knight and was going to be promoted to guard, but lost his sanity." That was somewhat true, it's what she had heard when she listened.

message 24: by Raye (new)

Raye Zashara nodded. "That should work easily enough... all right. I'll see what I can do. What's your name, I'll need it to contact you." The girl seemed pretty crazy... but Zashara wanted to see what happened when she and Xathe collided.

Ashlin smiled and looked up at Zashara. "Thank you. My name is..." The demon blocked Ashlin out completely, the tone of voice had taken an evil twist. "Ashlin Ferio." Then the demon let Ashlin back in, she wasn't allowed to know her master's name, first or last.

message 26: by Raye (new)

Raye "Riiiight, then" Zashara said, making a mental note to look that name up as soon as she got back to the castle. That was not a tone of voice she trusted. "So, I'll be on my way then." She started off a few steps, and then turned around "Oh, and if you follow me, deal's off, and I kill you" she headed off, winding through trees to find her usual route

Ashlin nodded and smiled to herself. She then got up and went back the way she came, the opposite path og Zashara. A wide grin on her face for what she had to tell her master. Though she might be beaten for saying he was her father, but at least it will get the job done.

(( FYI when Zashara's looking Ashlin up, she's supposedly missing but mostly likely dead. Please ))

message 28: by Raye (new)

Raye ((All right... And that works, 'cause that would definitely intrigue Zashara.))

message 30: by Raye (new)

Raye ((Well, I guess Zash heads off to her clearing, and Ashlin heads home. Zash might try to do a little scrying on Ashlin, but she's a summoner, not a scryer, so even in her clearing she wouldn't catch more than a few glimpses of her face, which she's already seen so that wouldn't help her))

(( There could be glimpses of her with her eyes... *shrugs* ))

message 32: by Raye (new)

Raye ((ooh, like, before she was captured? That would be cool. Capture Zashara's curiosity...))

(( Yea... I'll find something for it... and it would. I would certainly be. And maybe (please correct me if I'm wrong) she finds her 'father' as well. ))

message 34: by Raye (new)

Raye ((Zashara doesn't have that kind of skill... not without a bit more information, at least))

(( One of the glimpses at her face would be after she's captured and maybe with her master screaming at her or something. Not a lot of his face, but some I guess ))

message 36: by Raye (new)

Raye ((Okay))
Zashara walked quickly to her clearing... She wasn't much good at scrying, well, terrible at it actually, except in the clearing. The forest was a place of power in general, and inside her private magic circle, her powers became far stronger than normal. She'd never really had much use for scrying before, except when she thought Xathe was plotting something, but this Ashlin was definitely worth checking out. She arrived at her clearing without incident, and took a peice of glowing blue chalk from an inner pocket of her cloak before taking it off. Her snakes slithered off of her and she began making the magic circle to concentrate her energy. Zashara finished the last rune and the circle began to glow brightly. She stepped into the circle, careful not to smudge anything. Sitting cross-legged in the center, she began to chant softly under her breath, concentrating on the name Ashlin Ferio, and what she had seen of the girl's face.

message 37: by Raye (new)

Raye Slowly, as Zashara concentrated, the images began to come to her. Ashlin's face, with a variety of different expressions... Not very helpful, unfortunately, she knew what the girl looked like. There was one image, she glimpsed, Ashlin's face with a wicked grin and... Was that blood on her sword? The image went by too quickly for Zashara to be sure. Oh, there! That was interesting... Ashlin without the bandages, her eyes wide, looking horrified. She looked a bit younger, in that one, Zashara noticed. A few more images passed, before she saw another one that captured her attention. Ashlin, eyes bandaged again, looking fearful as a man yelled at her. From the angle she watched from, she could see very little of the man's face. She concentrated harder, trying to get a better look, but her concentration shattered, and she sat up straight in her circle, shocked. She might be bad at scrying, but an image had never rejected her like that before. Something very strange was going on here, and Zashara was determined to find out what. Sighing, she cleared her mind for the moment, and sat in the circle, recharging her energy as she'd planned. Once she was done, she smudged the circle, the glow fading, and cleared up the chalk. Wrath and Envy took their places back around her shoulders and arms and she threw her cloak on, hurrying out of the forest. She'd never been in such a rush to get back to the palace library before.

message 39: by Raye (new)

Raye ((Hehe, thank you))