Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire question

Gale and Madge
harriyanna hasanati hook harriyanna (last edited Jun 02, 2013 06:12AM ) Jun 01, 2013 08:41PM
Did Dale and Madge have something going on while Katniss and Peeta were in the games? cause on page 116 it quotes ,

"I didn't even known Madge knew Gale," says Peeta. "We used to sell her strawberries," I say almost angrily. What am I angry about, though? Not that she brought the medicine, surely.
"She must have quite a taste for them," says Haymitch. That's what nettles me. Its the implication that's something going on between Gale and Madge. And i dont like it.
"She's my friend," is all i say.

So do you think they were secretly together or something?

Pleases respond!!! i want to know other peoples opinions

WAIT WHAT???!?!?!?!?!?! GALE AND MADGE?!?!?!?!?!?! EWWWW!!

I think Gale was too hung up on Katniss, to have noticed other girls, but perhaps Madge was comming on to him...?

Don't think Gale could have feelings for any other girl then Katniss... Though he never admitted his feelings for Katniss to her (or himself) before she went to the arena, I don't think he would be able to deny his feelings for her, after she got home...

F 25x33
Line I believe, that Gale didn't know he liked Katniss that way, before she took Prims place to go the arena... ...more
Jun 03, 2013 01:20PM · flag

I don't think that Gale and Madge were secretly together. One reason being that it is Haymitch that said this to Katniss and throughout the series Haymitch likes to poke fun at Katniss, such as saying (view spoiler) The other reason is that it is clear throughout the series that Gale has his eyes set on Katniss. So even with Katniss showing affection towards Peeta in the Arena, I don't think Gale would have moved on, seeing as only one tribute was supposed to come out of the Arena alive. (Source: Catching Fire Chapter 26, Catching Fire Chapter 21)

Before Katniss volunteered to go into the games for Prim, it would have been assumed that Gale and Katniss were going to end up together. I have to agree with Nicole that Gale hides his feelings sometimes. As Katniss never really showed any desire to be in a relationship, Gale never had to show his true feelings for her.

I feel Gale and Katniss' relationship would have picked up right where it left off, after Katniss came back for the games had Peeta not have come back with her. While Peeta had helped Katniss during the games, Gale had fulfilled what Katniss had asked of him before she left, to take care of her family. Katniss seem to make an attempt to go back to how things were before, hoping to ignore the possibility of having a romantic relationship with either Gale or Peeta and ignoring the feelings she had toward each of them.

It became clear in Mockingjay that Gale had had his eyes set on Katniss throughout the entire series. (view spoiler) (Source: Mockingjay Chapter 23)

Gale began to realized that he had a little chance of ending up with Katniss. During one of their "hunting outing" in District 13, (view spoiler) (Source: Mockingjay Chapter 14)

At the end of Mockingjay, the hope for Gale and Katniss to be together was completely lost when (view spoiler) (Source: Mockingjay Chapter 26)

(view spoiler) (Source: Mockingjay Chapter 27)

harriyanna hasanati hook i see your point. but i think i don't like gale because i don't like guys like him in reality. he had time to get with katniss way before peeta came i ...more
Dec 02, 2013 07:01PM · flag