What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Tiger Eye (Dirk & Steele,  #1)
This topic is about Tiger Eye
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Magic, MF rom., Special Forces SPOILERS [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kaitlyn (drizztthedragonfaerie) | 85 comments I read this book recently it is part of a series that is about a family who has special powers and they created a special forces unit/ mercenary group that helps others that they find that has powers like them. The first book is about a woman who is across the seas. She has powers over all metal. It is possible for her to stop bullets and she does. While overseas she buys this box that is magic. A powerful wizard had trapped a man who could shift into a tiger into the box to be anyones slave as long as they had the box they had control over him. He could not die. She figures out what is going on with the box and tries to release him but it isn't possible. The wizard and someone else is trying to Kill her. the Wizard wants his tiger back, and the mercenary wants to kill her for revenge even though she didn't do anything except for make the knife that killed his son? They end up going home and to the group of guys that help protect her. Th reason that the people sent a mercenary was because the knife that she had made was waylaid before it could get to the owner and ended up killing the son. It turns out it is the woman's assistant who killed the son for revenge of the death of his family? I don't know who the revenge was for but maybe the family. They figure out what is going on with the mercenary and get it straightened out and then the woman is kidnapped by the wizard. He plans on drawing the tiger to him because the tiger and the woman has fallen in love. The wizard wants his daughter to mate with the tiger to make a really powerful wizard or something like that.

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I'm thinking that this MIGHT be Marjorie M. Liu's Dirk and Steele series. Tiger Eye is the first book. While I haven't read this particular book (I've read one or two of the others) it is on my TBR pile, and, from what I remember, that seems to be at least part of the story line.

Kaitlyn (drizztthedragonfaerie) | 85 comments YES it is this book! Thank you so much for helping me.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tiger Eye (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marjorie M. Liu (other topics)