Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Dawn's May 2013 Reads

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1299 comments The Hit by Baldacci Robie is assigned to take care of a rogue collegue 8/10

Fly Away by Kristin Hannah Kate and Tully's story from Firefly Lane continues 10/10

Silken Prey by John Sandford Another great Davenport book 10/10

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14624 comments Wow, Dawn! Two ten rank books in one month!
I am terribly behind in the Davenport series, but usually read them out of order... I may move Silken Prey nearer the top of the wish list.

message 3: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments Haven't visited Lucas Davenport in several years. Need to see where I left off.

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1299 comments I'm hoping the storyline was a little far fetched, but it was good Davenport...with an appearance by some of my other favorite characters.

message 5: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8062 comments Dawn wrote: "The Hit by Baldacci Robie is assigned to take care of a rogue collegue 8/10

Fly Away by Kristin Hannah Kate and Tully's story from Firefly Lane continues 10/10

Silken Prey by John Sandford Anothe..."

I'm trying to decide whether to continue to wait for Silken Prey from the library or to break down and get it from Audible or Kindle.

message 6: by Seeley (new)

Seeley James (seeleyjames) I'm a big Sandford fan, but Silken Prey is not his best effort. I'm toying with whether I want to write a full review of the book but the best I could say would be: meh. Sandford is a master of the bad guys, both characterization and motivation, but this one has wealthy people doing bad things and he doesn't seem to have his heart in it, they just dont' stack up.

Peace, Seeley

message 7: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments Seeley wrote: "I'm a big Sandford fan, but Silken Prey is not his best effort. I'm toying with whether I want to write a full review of the book but the best I could say would be: meh. Sandford is a master of the..."

I thought Silken Prey was one of his better Davenport books lol.