Sci-fi and Heroic Fantasy discussion

Serious Stuff (off-topic) > The Kobo Kubby Hole

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

this thread is for our members who own Kobo e-readers to gather and talk over any hardware problems they may be having with their Kobos. we have threads for kindles and nooks, and i didnt want Kobo users to be left out. i give this thread over to you now Kobo fans, enjoy. :D

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose | 201 comments Spooky1947 wrote: "this thread is for our members who own Kobo e-readers to gather and talk over any hardware problems they may be having with their Kobos. we have threads for kindles and nooks, and i didnt want Kobo..."

Awwww that's awful nice of you Spooky to not leave Kobo users out, lol.
My first e-reader was a Kobo and it was a piece of junk. I had to return it to the store to swap out for another. Apparently they aren't made very well as the store said my issues were a common occurrence. I couldn't load books without having to go through Adobe Digital Editions, even then I couldn't always get them to load on the Kobo. I only got it because at the time Kindle wasn't available in Canada. Even the replacement was an annoyance. I got an Ipad a few months later and junked the Kobo. I don't know if other Kobo users had the same issues as I did but I would never recommend buying one.

message 4: by Gene (new)

Gene I use Kobo for more than a year. The hardware is good, but their software is ridiculously bad. I wonder if they have any kind of quality processes for the updates which introduce two new bugs for each fixed one. Still if one uses it with Calibre, it becomes quite good. The price (low) is another positive thing about it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 26, 2018 06:24AM) (new)

From the "better late than never" section...

Walmart has partnered with Japanese Kobo maker Rakuten to sell ebooks for Kobo eReaders on Walmart's website. (Kobo is a Canadian company bought by Rakuten back in 2011.)

Walmart Makes a Late Entry Into the E-Book Market

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Wally-World has been trying to compeate with Amazon for awhile now. I personaly think they can't do the job, but we shall see. I wish the Kobo luck...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Walmart has expanded it's deal with Kobo to let it sell ebooks & audiobooks in the US. Walmart Launches Online Store for Ebooks, Audiobooks