Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Urban Fantasy > NO TEENAGERS!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Lafiene (bau33) | 13 comments Need interesting series with no teenagers. I don't want to read about high school and hand holding after sneaking out of the house. Even the tv show Buffy the Vampire Slayer was more R rated than a lot of these series out. Help out of the teenage hell!!

message 2: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments what have you read nikki -- nobody wants to recommend a series you've already read.

and what kind are you looking for? paranormal? urban fantasy? romantic suspense, etc?

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments The Weird Sisters Series by Cecy Robson is amazing. The first book is out and the second (which I have read and LOVED) will be out very soon.

The Weird Girls (Weird Girls, #0.5) by Cecy Robson Sealed with a Curse (Weird Girls, #1) by Cecy Robson A Cursed Embrace (Weird Girls, #2) by Cecy Robson

message 4: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 451 comments I really enjoy Dana Marie Bell. She's definitely PNR, hot (scorching according to me, but what do I know? I'm old.), and includes humor in her writing. I've read her Halle Puma series, the Halle Shifter series (one more book coming out), and The Gray Court series (my favorite and I don't care for the fae-one more book coming out). And then there's Blood of the Maple which is really different.

The Wallflower (Halle Pumas, #1) by Dana Marie Bell Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters, #1) by Dana Marie Bell Dare to Believe (Gray Court, #1) by Dana Marie Bell Blood of the Maple (Maggie's Grove, #1) by Dana Marie Bell

message 5: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Lafiene (bau33) | 13 comments Good point Pat....I really liked CJ Baker's Lararus series. I also liked Heaton's Prophesy series. I found both to cure my need for adventure and mystery. I'm looking for things in those directions. I've read a lot of vampire series that just seem to be too teenage dominated. I'm an adult and want to read about adults.

message 6: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Lafiene (bau33) | 13 comments Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) wrote: "The Weird Sisters Series by Cecy Robson is amazing. The first book is out and the second (which I have read and LOVED) will be out very soon.

The Weird Girls (Weird Girls, #0.5) by Cecy Robson[bookcover:Sealed..."

Thank you Mlpmom, I'm going to check these out!

message 7: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Lafiene (bau33) | 13 comments Sandra J wrote: "I really enjoy Dana Marie Bell. She's definitely PNR, hot (scorching according to me, but what do I know? I'm old.), and includes humor in her writing. I've read her Halle Puma series, the Halle..."

Thank you Sandra J. I'm going to check these out!!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I don't know what you have read but there are a ton of older series out there as well that most people have heard of that are fabulous like the Kate Daniel Series, Mercy Thompson, Night Huntress, Chicagoland Vampires, Charley Davidson, Elemental Assassin Series, The Hollows, Iron Druid Series.

I don't know if you have read any of them but I recommend them all as well!

message 9: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (BrittneyM) | 35 comments The Otherworld Series by Yasmine Galenorn?? I'm in the middle of that series and i love it!! and there are no teens lol its adults but it has some spicy scenes if you know what i mean. Hopefully i could help out!! Let us know what you've decided please

message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara Mayberry | 8 comments I too get sick of reading about teens. I was just saying this to my friend. I recommend the Anita Blake series (like 20 books so far) by Laurel K Hamilton, or her Merry Gentry series ( 5 or so books) . I really enjoyed both. Lots of extreme sexual content though. Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake
A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry)
Hope you enjoy

message 11: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (MissKris7198) | 74 comments All what Mlpmom suggested and then I'd add...

Jane True Series Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler
Riley Jensen Series Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur
Dark Angles Series Darkness Unbound (Dark Angels, #1) by Keri Arthur spin off of the Riley Jensen Series
October Daye Series Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire
Fever Series Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning
Southern Witch Series Would-Be Witch (Southern Witch, #1) by Kimberly Frost

message 12: by Kristin (last edited Jun 02, 2013 08:54AM) (new)

Kristin (MissKris7198) | 74 comments And then there are series where the characters change up a bit each book, if you like those then Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward, Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian, Christine Feehan has several series that are good, Wing Slayer Series by Jennifer Lyon

message 13: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments i'd also like to add to that these series (a book from each shown below)
demonica & lords of deliverance by larissa ione
penton legacy by Susannah sandlin
vampires in America by db Reynolds
lords of the underworld by gena showalter
dark hunter by sherrilyn Kenyon
eternal guardians by Elisabeth naughton
chicagoland vampires by chloe neill
scanguards vampires by tina folsom
dark protectors by Rebecca zanetti
elemental mysteries by Elizabeth hunter
elder races by thea Harrison
sentinel wars by Shannon k butcher
breeds by lora leigh
new species by laurann dohner
shifters unbound by Jennifer Ashley
anything by Kristen Ashley or lorelei james will get you away from the paranormal world into alpha male/romance territory
Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1) by Larissa Ione Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1) by Susannah Sandlin Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Samson's Lovely Mortal (Scanguards Vampires, #1) by Tina Folsom Fated (Dark Protectors, #1) by Rebecca Zanetti A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1) by Lora Leigh Fury (New Species, #1) by Laurann Dohner Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) by Kristen Ashley Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders, #1) by Lorelei James

hope you find something good to read

message 14: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 76 comments I definitely second Kate Daniels and Jane True,

message 15: by Steph (new)

Steph Patt (steph_patt) | 8 comments I third Kate Daniels and also agree with the Mercedes Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. Also you can check out the Breed series by Lora Leigh, which I find to be very satisfying as well.

message 16: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 3 comments It depends if you want Adult situation (Steamy) or just lack of teen angst. :) Kate Daniels rocks but keep going after the 1st book. I almost gave up on it because I didn't get it. I devoured them after book 2. If you want some steam The Demonica Series and the Night Huntress Series are fabulous.

message 17: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Lafiene (bau33) | 13 comments Thank you all for your suggestions! I really appreciate it.

Nikki

message 18: by PNRlover (new)

PNRlover | 7 comments Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark is by far my favorite series.

message 19: by J.T. (new)

J.T. Bock (jtbock) | 40 comments I will second the Immortals After Dark series. She has such a fun style and I love how she references pop culture. Very cool world as well.