Questioning Society discussion

Debates > Pouching Animals

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn (bookishadventures) | 42 comments Well, thankfully, wolves are now off the endangerment list. But how long will they stay? Wolves were on that list for over 4 years and finally, FINALLY, they made it back to being a true species again. They have been returned to the wild, whence they came. But again, how long? Why do we pouch animals? Do we need to eat that much that we'd kill WOLVES when there is packaged meat on shelves that go bad because people decide to go out and poach animals? Please explain your opinions to me...
~Sessy

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) They think it's sport.

message 3: by Daisy (new)

Daisy I think it's because skins of animals especially certain one are worth alot of money. I don't think it's right but that's why

message 4: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I agree with GreenDaisy BlackStem. The skins and, unfortunately, tusks (ivory) of several animals are hot items, and they can make big bucks if they poach those animals. I hate it, but that is the way I see it.

message 5: by Daisy (new)

Daisy like Black Rhinos@!!!!

message 6: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) exactly!

message 7: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Oh YAY! You know what Black Rhinos are *huggle*

message 8: by Ben (new)

Ben | 505 comments Mod
who doesnt? lol n whats a huggle? im not making fun im just curious

message 9: by Daisy (new)

Daisy it's a hug and I'm kinds hyperish

message 10: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn (bookishadventures) | 42 comments Thank you for you opinions. But would you yourself by the skin of a bobcat or the tusk of a Black Rhino?
~Sessy

message 11: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn (bookishadventures) | 42 comments Or a rabbit's foot for a lucky charm? Or some people use cat's feet as lucky charms... Would you?
~Sessy
(Sorry for posting two. My friend just reminded me of these.)

message 12: by Daisy (new)

Daisy no but there are people who would

message 13: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn (bookishadventures) | 42 comments And people eat cats and dogs which is just disgusting.
~Sessy

message 14: by Daisy (new)

Daisy I know which is why me and my friends stopped liking China! Now we love Japan!!

message 15: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn (bookishadventures) | 42 comments I like all of Asia, I just don't agree with their ENTIRE cultural style.
~Sessy

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) "1592311 And people eat cats and dogs which is just disgusting."

Why? Because you perceive them as pets. Not everyone does.

message 17: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 779 comments Mod
or elephants

message 18: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn (bookishadventures) | 42 comments I don't perceive them as pets, but as humans. As people. I believe that animals should have similar right to humans is the main reason to start this debate.
What do you perceive animals as Lauren?
~Sessy

message 19: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 779 comments Mod
i agree with you

message 20: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn (bookishadventures) | 42 comments Thank you! ^///^
Don't want anyone getting mad, I just want your opinions on the rights for animals, or ideas on pouching of animals... PLEASE DON'T SMITE ME!! 0.0!
~Sessy

message 21: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I think hunting animals is okay, even wolves up in Alaska, because its population control but i do not agree with fly hunting, its cheating on so many levels.

message 22: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn (bookishadventures) | 42 comments Thank you for your comment Kyle. I just don't like guns...thats the bottom line for me. I can shoot a gun and I'm actually a really good shot, but loud noises scare me... -///-
That is why I'm an archer!
I also agree that fly hunting is unfair, there is no place for the animals to hide. Though I don't agree with farmers shooting tigers for eating their livestock! Just can animal control you idiots! I think killing a wild animal should be an offense! People go to jail for drowning cats and beating dogs, why can't people go to jail for shooting a tiger?(<- don't know if this is true and I would like if someone could calm my nerves, because I love these monstrous furry animals!! ^///^ ~so cute~)
~Sessy