Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > BDB #12 The King

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments Is anyone else disappointed with who the next BDB book is about? Wrath and Beth already have their own book! I want to read about Assail, Trez, Xcor, and Lassiter! Now it's going to be 2 years before one of them gets their own book. :(

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 243 comments I was disappointed by Lover At Least. I was happy Blay and Qhuinn but the rest of the story, forget about it. It got to be too much to have 3 other stories in it as it took time away from Q & B. I also thought the ending was too rushed and was really looking forward to the ceremony of their names put on their backs.

Which story are you talking about? I really want Lassiter's story as well.

message 3: by Julia (new)

Julia | 4 comments I wasn't all that happy with Lover at Last either. The inclusion of all these new characters was too much. I know they want to infuse the series with new blood so there will be more books but it took the book away from Qhuinn and Blay. I also wish they'd just get rid of the Lessers. From what I've read, most people just skip their chapters anyway. I don't know how to feel about a new Beth and Wrath book, I feel like their baby story could serve as a side story going on with a book about Lassiter, Assail or Trez & Iam.

message 4: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Ahhh, no I am not disappointed at all. I am actually really thrilled.

This series started going haywire when Ward starting pulling in all these new characters, neglecting "the brothers" who are the very foundation of the series.

I fell in love with the series because of Wrath, Darius, Rhage, Z & Phury, Butch & V---I could care less about Lassiter and the rest.
In fact, she should really deal with Lassiter in her fallen Angels series.
She should also consider spining Trez & iAM in a Sympath series with Rehv and their community.

She needs to get back to the roots and I am glad the Omega is back. Now we just need a search party to find Scribe Virgin too.

I don't mind the BoB angle, but I like the focus on the brothers. The series got crowded and disjointed with all the others.

message 5: by Lisa264544 (last edited Jun 21, 2013 03:16PM) (new)

Lisa264544 | 46 comments I adored the love story between Qhuinn/Blay in LaL and have finally caught on to the Xcor/Layla pairing. I don't mind the Trez/Selena pairing, but would prefer to see Lassiter's HEA first.

Assail, however, holds no appeal and his drug dealing just leaves me cold. I hate the BoB vs BDB battle, too. So, I am sorely disappointed that The King will be focusing on a non-HEA central storyline, particularly since I dislike babies/kids in PNR. So The King's premise is a huge disappointment.

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula Black | 10 comments What do you think of the cover reveal? It's very striking, but not at all how I pictured Wrath.

I've been disappointed with the general direction of this series over the past few books. So many sub-plots going on, it feels like I'm being sold the next ten books in the series, rather than getting my money's worth from the main characters.

I too miss the old-school Brother interactions. My hope is that The King might bring back some of that, but my fear is that this was planned as a novella, just like Lover at Last was, so it will probably be filled out with a million side stories that don't tie into the main story.

message 7: by Lisa264544 (new)

Lisa264544 | 46 comments The cover for The King is freaking awesome!! It actually nudges me towards wanting to read the book. Go figure. :)

message 8: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda As for the cover, am I the only one who feels it looks like baby bear is sitting in papa bear's chair?

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula Black | 10 comments MadameZelda wrote: "As for the cover, am I the only one who feels it looks like baby bear is sitting in papa bear's chair?"

LOL. Oh my MadameZelda. Perhaps you're on to something. Maybe it's not the King at all? Who's that sitting in Wrath's chair?

message 10: by Maritza (new)

Maritza (maricari90) | 2 comments I'm excited for The King because it will *hopefully* bring the series back on track. I feel like the books have been all over the place and too many characters are being introduced. Hopefully, The King will show us what the Brothers have been up toand I'm looking forward to reading about Beth and Wrath again.

message 11: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 493 comments Heather wrote: "I was disappointed by Lover At Least. I was happy Blay and Qhuinn but the rest of the story, forget about it. It got to be too much to have 3 other stories in it as it took time away from Q & B. I..."

The issue of 3 stories going on was part of my problem with the book.

message 12: by Rox (new)

Rox | 69 comments Sorry to say that I'm not a big fan of MM but I wanted B&Q to have a happy ending. I skipped the last book because there was too much drama going on , a soap opera and that was getting on my nerves . I read all the books until book number ten (where the plot started to go downhill ) to get the occasional glimpses of the original brothers (Wrath , Rhage ,Zadist and V ... my absolute favorite hunks in the world ) I am pretty happy that there is going to be a book about Beth and Wrath trying to have a baby . Finally my days of stalking the author's page on GR paid off . Now I am waiting for some miracle for Mary and Rhage ...* fingers crossed*

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments I agree that Ward has way to many stories going on. Especially in the last book. And I'm not a fan of BOB vs BDB either.

I think I like the buildup to the relationship more than the actual relationship and that's why I'm not really excited about The King. Wrath and Beth are already together.

☔️ Stormy Day Reader  (rainydayz179) | 67 comments Truly though how much of the book do you think will really focus on them? I would predict there will be all the side stories again.

message 15: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments ♥ Rainy Day Reader ♥ wrote: "Truly though how much of the book do you think will really focus on them? I would predict there will be all the side stories again."

True.

message 16: by ☽ Rhiannon ✭ (new)

☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾ (pnr_list) | 133 comments I stuck it out for Lover at Last because I was excited for an M/M foray in a mainstream romance series, and am a big Qhuay fan. But as soon as I heard the new book was about a couple who already done got their HEA, I was done. I was curious about some of the newcomers, but am too annoyed at a replay of a romance. If she did a Beth and Wrath novella, I wouldn't have minded, but she just introduced a bajillion new characters, set up a half dozen new romances, and then said, "Psych! I'm going back to the beginning!"

No thanks.

message 17: by Alejandra (new)

Alejandra (alejandralo) | 4 comments I believe the king will have a lot about Xcor and his plans to overthrown Warth, I'm so looking forward to the next book

message 18: by Abbi (new)

Abbi Saxby | 8 comments Ward has redone the cover for Dark Lover, as revealed yesterday on her Facebook page - It most definitely is Wrath. I can't wait!