! YA Heroines ! discussion

Book Discussions > 2013 JUN - The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.
She’s wrong.

The description is intriquing and the cover is just amazing! I haven't read this though, but I really should.

So what do you think?

message 2: by Katy (new)

Katy Sheffield | 19 comments Read it, sadly didn't like it. Didn't live up to the hype or the gorgeous cover in my opinion :(

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla De Leon (kayladeleon) I read it and didn't really like it. If you want to check out my review of it, here's the link:

https://thebookishowl.wordpress.com/2...

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) This is one of those books that just clicked with me. No matter how flawed or however much disliked, it's just a book that I really liked.

When I say "clicked," it's like there is a special aura around the book during and after reading it that says, "I am awesome, and you love me."

message 5: by Chelsea (last edited Jun 29, 2013 01:25AM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Gosh, wow. A useless comment but completely what I'm thinking right now.

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) What do you mean by useless comment?

message 7: by Cande (new)

Cande | 1 comments This book just killed me. He has too much suspense, so I liked it so much

message 8: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thalia_gr922) | 10 comments I totally liked this book..It was weird and I like weird..I couldnt understand what was going on and it was full of surprises..!I am sooo waiting for the 3rd one..!

message 9: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thalia_gr922) | 10 comments Jenny wrote: "Thalia wrote: "I totally liked this book..It was weird and I like weird..I couldnt understand what was going on and it was full of surprises..!I am sooo waiting for the 3rd one..!"

I still need to..."

I suggest you postpone reading the second one because the third one is coming out in June 2014!!!

message 10: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thalia_gr922) | 10 comments Jenny wrote: "I hate when that happens :("

Yea me too..especially the book ends with a cliff-hanger...!!Patience is not a virtue of mine !!