Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Etcetera > Cut off posts

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments A lot of the posts I read gets cut off in mid sentence. Does this happen
to anybody else. How can I fix it?

Thanks

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3050 comments I have not had this happen.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14609 comments Amy, I could go back and check previous posts where you may have mentioned this, but too lazy. Were you one of the posters mentioning using your { iPhone, iPad, eReader or other device } to access Goodreads on the mobile app? I see a few cut off sentences on my phone, but never on the full website.
I work around it by going to the bottom of the topic, using the "copy link" function and opening the post in the Internet browser. That fixes any truncated text for me.
Hope that helps.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Ann, I don't think I mentioned it. I do read the posts on my iPad though.
I think this has happened on my PC too. I'll try what you do.
Thanks

message 5: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments I have had that happen on my iPad, very frustrating! Sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't. I just usually go back later and read it and then it's fine.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I wonder why it happens on the IPad.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Also, it cuts off the y in my name.

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14609 comments Amy: which just underscores how silly it is, why truncate a three letter word?
Amy wrote: "Also, it cuts off the y in my name."

message 9: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1639 comments Happens on my iPad too. I only use it in an emergency :)

message 10: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8053 comments Am using my iPad now. No cut off posts, but I do see that the "y" in Amy is cut off. But Ann"s name is not cut off. Curious...