The Doctor Rules!!!!!! discussion

12th Doctor, your candidate

Comments Showing 1-50 of 449 (449 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Novia (last edited Jun 04, 2013 11:51PM) (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments The BBC has confirmed that Matt Smith will leave after Christmas

It's a sad news but we all know everyone will leave at one point. I am just wondering, who do you want to be as the next Doctor?

message 2: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I just saw it posted on Facebook and I was so sad.

message 3: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments me too :( today is not a fun Sunday.

message 4: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 553 comments Mod
Saturday here. Literally less than 15 minutes before I found out, my timer that I accidentally still had on went off to reming me of Doctor Who at 9:30. PAIN AND SOBBING.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Can't believe it. WHY MOFFAT WHY!? If you want to see the story it is here

Does that mean that John Hurt really is the Doctor!?!?!

ϻαđίѕσи ~ I'm gonna be free, and I'm gonna be fine, but maybe not tonight I heard but no he can't be! but Matt Smith can't go! why is he going!? is Jenna Louise Coleman staying? Well to be on topic I think it's too soon to choose a new one and even if it wasn't I wouldn't want to. I want it to be a surprise until BBC releases it. I just hope it's not somebody really well known...

message 7: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments Jenna will stay. It's BBC news.

I know we like to he surprised but...I don't like dwelling in sadness, I always enjoy guessing what happens next in the future. That's why I started the thread

message 8: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments This is a fine list by Blogotorwho :)

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2013...

I totally say YES to Noel Fielding, Richard Ayoade and Jamie Bell

message 9: by Sidnee (new)

Sidnee The only one that I've seen suggested that I like is Hugh Laurie. I think he would be good personally.
Another when is Rupert Grint, but I say no, NO. NO!

message 10: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer Oh dear. He's leaving already?

message 11: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments @Sidnee I think Grint is TOO young

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, but what about John Hurt then!?!

message 13: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments He would be great...I love to see an older Doctor for once.

Could it be that Moffat is preparing him for this?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I dont like any of those choices from the list! Aah, its such a hard choice. I wonder if 12 is already chosen... Im freaking out! This is my first Doctor change live! Noooooooo!

message 15: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments *high five* this is also my first Doctor change Live :)

It was so sad when Ten changed to nine and I didn't see it live...I can't even imagine how terribly sad when Eleven changed to 12 without any spoiler ahead

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I found a list on the internet which mentioned James/Oliver Phelps (remember Fred and George?) I think one of them would be ok

message 17: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments Finally...ginger!
But I haven't seen them act yet...if they are good, it would be fantastic

message 18: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer I doubt very much that John Hurt is going to be the new Doctor. He is more likely a side/semi-evil version of the Doctor.

message 19: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollycoulson) I agree. I hope they pick someone relatively unknown...

message 20: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 146 comments John Hurt is in the 50th anniversary. Matt regenerates in the Christmas special, so I doubt that it's John Hurt.

Also, will there be any regular episodes between November and Christmas? Will we get time to see Clara and the Doctor just being Clara and the Doctor?

message 21: by Khanh (new)

Khanh (leprekhanh) I'm still in denial. So much denial :(
I don't think BBC understands the meaning of Christmas. SIGH.
Matt's regeneration scene better be amazing.

Out of that list, I would totally nominate Ben Whishaw. Saw him in Skyfall and I have loved him ever since <3

message 22: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollycoulson) Siareen wrote: "John Hurt is in the 50th anniversary. Matt regenerates in the Christmas special, so I doubt that it's John Hurt.

Also, will there be any regular episodes between November and Christmas? Will we ge..."

I don't think there's any episodes planned, at least there's been no mention of them being filmed. Although there is debate over how 'big' the 50th celebrations will be, and how many episodes will be shown in celebration of it.

message 23: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments There are some whovian who want the Doctor to be female. What do you think?

I myself think that he should stay male.

message 24: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments @Holly I hope there will be few episodes before we say good bye to Matt. Tennant got 4 episodes before he regenerated.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

John Hurt cannot be the next doctor! The doctors are supposed to be young (ish) hot men that girls (and guys) across the world develop relationships that feel real but then when they regenerate are heartbroken

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "John Hurt cannot be the next doctor! The doctors are supposed to be young (ish) hot men that girls (and guys) across the world develop relationships that feel real but then when they regenerate are..."

That's only the new series. I wouldn't mind someone older, but not John Hurt old. I think he's older than William Hartnell was! Anywhere from 50s (River is 50 and we all love her!) to 25ish. Anything younger and it'll be too young. Matt smith is turning/turned 31 I think this year.

message 27: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 146 comments And Matt Smith is the youngest person ever to play the Doctor. So far.

Urg, I have one other friend in who watches Doctor Who. Or rather, used to watch it. She was so in love with David Tennant that she completely loathes Matt Smith and stopped watching halfway through the fifth season because:
a. she hated what Steven Moffat did to the show.
b. she thought the 11th Doctor was too childish and stupid and a complete idiot.
Basically, when I came to her crying that Matt Smith was leaving, she was very unsympathetic :(

message 28: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments I agree with Kirsty ... I don't mind someone older..and hot is NOT a must because great acting makes someone hot ;)

@Siareen I know exactly how your friend felt. When I first saw Matt's Doctor I was completely disappointed and series 5 is the worst series I have ever seen. However, since I love Doctor Who the moment I saw series 1...I felt like I should give it another chance....and voila, series 6 was brilliant and I finally warmed up to Matt and see how amazing he is. And that's why I feel sad about him leaving, I finally love him and he is about to say good bye :(

I wish your friend tried to stick to the show, I know she will like Matt too

message 29: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 146 comments I also really didn't like series five, but I did stick with it, for the characters more than anything else. And in the end it did pay off. I tried to convince her to stick to it, but she didn't want to. And then when she found out the whole River complication [married to the Doctor, Amy and Rory's daughter, etc] she decided she really hated the show in general, which is more Moffat's fault than anyone. I think Matt would have grown on her in the end, but the show just wasn't worth sticking with for her...

message 30: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 1507 comments novia wrote: "There are some whovian who want the Doctor to be female. What do you think?

I myself think that he should stay male."

YES! I don't know who 12 is gonna be, but HE SIMPLY CANNOT BE A GIRL. It would ruin it!!

message 31: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer The female Doctor thing was originally a joke started up by John Nathan-Turner and Tom Baker when Tom was leaving. Most fans are dead set against it. It has previously been said by the people there in RTD's time that's it's not going to happen, and I think they realise that there would be huge outcry if it did.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Its kind of the premise behind the show. The mad man with a box. Being a woman would change the Doctors purpose. And its not like Im sexist or anything (I am a girl meyself!) But a woman just doesnt fit the role.

message 33: by Sidnee (new)

Sidnee Athena wrote: "I found a list on the internet which mentioned James/Oliver Phelps (remember Fred and George?) I think one of them would be ok"

They are acutally not ginger, the have brown hair, I don't think there will be a ginger Doctor.

message 34: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments @Siareen I understand, it does a bit hard to stomach. The story is much too out of mind compared to RTD era.

message 35: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments Good to know that you all also think it should stay male :) I hope Moffat keeps it that way.

You know it often confused me which one is ginger which one is not. I thought Donna was brown but throughout the show everyone said she was ginger, and I thought the Weasley are ginger but now you said the are brown.

note: I come from a country where everyone has black hair ;)

ϻαđίѕσи ~ I'm gonna be free, and I'm gonna be fine, but maybe not tonight I don't think that he should be ginger because then the whole "still not ginger" thing would die. because think of all the litle things that we associate with doctor who that are going to die with Matt Smith

-bow ties/fezzes are cool
-Geronimo
-fish fingers and custard
-the doctor's overall relationship with River (he will no longer be "her doctor")
-the childish silly doctor that we have all come to love

just to name a few so I don't think we should have to loose "still not ginger" as well.

message 37: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer I think that's why the latest appearance of River was her 'saved' version in the library. To show that the Doctor she knew when she was alive has ended. I think she could still handle a new version, though. She fancied David Tennant's Doctor ... not that I blame her!

message 38: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments remember the library? she said she MADE him tell her his name....maybe that's when he is about to regenarate

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

No more epic "I am the Doctor" music because that was 11's theme :(

message 40: by Khanh (new)

Khanh (leprekhanh) I was also mourning over that, Athena :( So sad. I hope they come up with something as epic for 12!

message 41: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollycoulson) I'm gonna totally miss that music...

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Well it's Murray Gold we all know how awesome he is... :) he'll find something, he's brillianht. Oh will they play Ten and Eleven's theme together in the 50th? :0

message 43: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollycoulson) How amazing would that be!

message 44: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Someone on the other list brought up the idea of an "older" Doctor, one who might even be a bit grumpy. And someone suggested David Thewlis. I bet he could do a lot with the part. Also I was thinking older ... Alan Rickman anyone?

message 45: by Sidnee (new)

Sidnee novia wrote: "Good to know that you all also think it should stay male :) I hope Moffat keeps it that way.

You know it often confused me which one is ginger which one is not. I thought Donna was brown but thro..."

They died their hair for Harry Potter, but they have naturally brown hair. :)

message 46: by AlanCummingFan (new)

AlanCummingFan    (Morgona505) | 65 comments Alan Cumming should be the next doctor

message 47: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Alan Cumming would be excellent too. But I just have a feeling it's going to be someone we've never thought of, maybe never heard of.

message 48: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 146 comments I hope it's someone we haven't heard of.

message 49: by Stéphanie (new)

Stéphanie (stepinator) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. damn matt smith was my first doctor. it is kinda special. i have seen the other episodes from 10 and 9 but still.. it is kinda sad that he is leaving.

message 50: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Stephanie, I think that is how I felt when I found out David Tennant was leaving. I was still watching the Doctor Nine re-runs but HE was the Doctor to me and I was not very open to Matt Smith, but gradually he grew on me. I can't explain it exactly, but now I understand that the Doctor could never be portrayed by just one actor! That's part of what makes him THE DOCTOR

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9