What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. inca or similar culture girl taken for sacrafice

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joyce (last edited Jun 04, 2013 11:16PM) (new)

Joyce (ellenstay) | 4 comments Novel about ancient Peruvian culture.It was about a young girl possibly of the Moche or Chimu culture who was taken from her parents by Inca military or politician types. The outcome is that she was for sacrifice. I think it took place before the Spanish conquest of South America. Great anthropological details.It was a short book. Written by an anthropologist (male) or someone living in Peru and studying the ancient cultures. I think I read it in the early 90's. Possibly recommended by NPR.

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (kristathekrazykataloguer) | 104 comments Was it The Well of Sacrifice by Chris Eboch?

message 3: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (ellenstay) | 4 comments This book sounds good however it is about Mayan culture. The book i am looking for is set in Peru and is about ancient Inca and similar cultures adjacent to the Inca. Thank you for your suggestion. Joyce Salazar

message 5: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (ellenstay) | 4 comments I don't think this was the book that I read. It was not this long and the girl was not the daughter of a princess. I think I remember she lived in the village of a different culture that the Incas were subjugating and was kidnapped or sold by her mother for food to the Incas. They also had a young boy and these two and possibly more children were being taken to be sacraficed.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

message 7: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (ellenstay) | 4 comments Sarah wrote: "Was it A Gift for Ampato?" Dear Sarah it was not a childrens book and the author was a man.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Perhaps The Incas: A Novel by Daniel J. Peters?

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) Here's a bump for summer. Come back in a couple months and bump it again, ok?

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Joyce, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Joyce, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years; moving to Abandoned.