The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

What book would you most want to see become a movie?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments I love seeing books come to life in movies, and I was wondering what book or book series do you wish would become a movie?
For me, I really want to see Divergent! I know it actually is in the filming process and all that but I cannot wait! What about you guys?

message 2: by Christian (new)

Christian Maria Morgan Unearthly

message 3: by Yesenia (new)

Yesenia Maqueda (annechase) | 140 comments Hush hush!!! I would love to see that book into a movie!! The fallen angels, the suspense, the humans!!! I just love the book!!

message 4: by Isabella (new)

Isabella (isabellabellab) Vampire academy is one of my favorite books and i was very excited when I heard the first one is becoming a movie. But I'm kinda scared about it too because I love it so much and I need the movie to be perfect. I'm hoping that when the movie come out, the last three will be translated to my native language Danish. I prefer reading them in English but I'd like to force it upon my friends who only read in Danish.

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary Acuña (maryecaa) | 24 comments Legend!

message 6: by Nyree (new)

Nyree Wade | 24 comments Outlander By Diana Gabaldon & Easy by Tammara Webber

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

There are a few, but usually when they make a movie from a book, it is just ruined. I am like, that wasn't like that in the book. And I get discouraged and stop watching.

message 8: by Christian (new)

Christian Maria Morgan i second Mary

message 9: by Allyson (new)

Allyson (statsnerd) | 33 comments Nyree wrote: "Outlander By Diana Gabaldon & Easy by Tammara Webber"

I definitely agree with Easy! Ugh love that story!! I would also LOOOOOOOVE to see Slammed by Colleen Hoover as a movie. It could be so amazing if done right.

message 10: by Rob (new)

Rob (in_the_stacks) Thirst

message 11: by Julie (new)

Julie (julieanngemal) | 2 comments The Fault in Our Stars by John Green :)

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael (lovechild) | 280 comments Neverwhere
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

message 13: by Susana (new)

Susana | 52 comments Julie Ann wrote: "The Fault in Our Stars by John Green :)"

I second Julie Ann...like ALL the way lol

The Devil's Advocate (devilzadvocate) Nyree wrote: "Outlander By Diana Gabaldon & Easy by Tammara Webber"

I second Easy...
Lucas ♥

message 15: by The Devil's Advocate (last edited Jun 07, 2013 05:56AM) (new)

The Devil's Advocate (devilzadvocate) I would also love for Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1) by Abbi Glines Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor

AND Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay Crownover

TO BECOME MOVIES

message 16: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments I agree, Angel! I wish they'd make a movie of Thirteen Reasons Why!

message 17: by Alverta (new)

Alverta Shackelford | 4 comments Enclave by Ann Aguirre. I can't wait for book 3 to come out.

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 1571 comments Odd Thomas series

message 19: by Maram (new)

Maram Khattab (maramkhattab) | 4 comments Thanks for the memories by Cecelia Ahern

message 20: by Christin (new)

Christin (namalia) | 9 comments I'd love to see 'the name of the wind' by Patrick Rothfuss as a movie. Or Joe Abercrombie's 'first law trilogy'.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Christin wrote: "I'd love to see 'the name of the wind' by Patrick Rothfuss as a movie. Or Joe Abercrombie's 'first law trilogy'."

I agree with "The Name of the Wind" Very descriptive book and a movie would be interesting. I am still trying to get through "A Wise Mans Fears".

I would also like to see the "Darkfever" Serries turned into movies or a mini series.

message 22: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (gyngersf) | 2 comments Eve and Adam. I just read it and it's one of my favorite books!

message 23: by Denice (new)

Denice (dmt60) Neverwhere
The Name of the Wind
Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series

message 24: by jay (new)

jay (p3rksofbeingjay) | 12 comments hands down everyone, The Book Thief!
That book deserves to be an Oscar-winning film.

message 25: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella | 23 comments @jay-they ARE making the book thief into a movie and they've already decided who is playing liesel, her foster parents, and Rudy!!!

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (originally_elle) | 250 comments 13 Reasons Why
Weetzie Bat books
the Hollows series
Blue Bloods series
.... so many more

message 27: by Allison (new)

Allison | 252 comments Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman
I would love to see it come to life

message 28: by Alverta (new)

Alverta Shackelford | 4 comments Enclave by Ann Aguirre

message 30: by Tina (new)

Tina (anael_angel) | 6 comments I want a really nice paranormal romance book to turn into a movie because TWILIGHT is getting old!!! Maybe they could bring out the continuation of Renesmee and Jacob story soon, hopefully

message 31: by Neha (new)

Neha (neha71580) | 29 comments I want Gone series to be a movie. It'll be for obvious reasons, R Rated. But i Soo wanna see it!!!

message 32: by Neha (new)

Neha (neha71580) | 29 comments And BTW the Obsidian is said to have to be confirmed to become a movie soon.

message 33: by Tina (new)

Tina (anael_angel) | 6 comments Neha wrote: "And BTW the Obsidian is said to have to be confirmed to become a movie soon."

I really don't know. They said the same the last time(maybe a yr back) but there is still no official statement. I would be just so happy if it really becomes a movie!!
Love DAEMON BLACK <3 :)

message 34: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hendrix | 1 comments Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

message 35: by Allison (new)

Allison | 252 comments I heard that the Gone series is going to become a TV show sometime soon. Super excited!

message 36: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette Ducusin | 1 comments I would like to see dork diaries become into a movie or a tv show

message 37: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 3 comments The Strain by Guillermo del Toro!! I think it could be a great movie!

message 38: by caydie joy (new)

caydie joy (caydiejoy) The End Games. Great sibling story :)

message 39: by Bonia (new)

Bonia (boniamachbub) 13 reasons why

message 40: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Turcios | 395 comments Artemis Fowl!

message 41: by Tina (new)

Tina (anael_angel) | 6 comments Bonia wrote: "13 reasons why"

They said it was going to be a movie with Selena gomez in the main role. Idk if it is actually gonna happen or not!!
But I really want it to~~

message 42: by Larissa (new)

Larissa Rowan (the_shrikeusreviews) | 10 comments Wolf brother.
Enough said

Kelly (and the Book Boar) I Am the Messenger

message 44: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Howell (kristin_howell) I'd love to see the Keller novels by Lawrence Block made into movies. Keller is a great character and the series has entertaining plot lines.

I also wish they'd remake Eragon. The Inheritance Cycle has great potential for movies.

Cinder would be an interesting movie, as well, as long as they focused on the sci-fi aspects and not the fairy tale basis of the story.

message 45: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 54 comments The Fault in Our Stars by John Green or The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa

message 46: by Muhammad (new)

Muhammad Ahmed Siddiqui (lifeisbooks) Looking for Alaska by John Green

message 47: by Ruthanne (new)

Ruthanne Johnston DEFENDING JACOB by William Landay

message 48: by Yesenia (new)

Yesenia Maqueda (annechase) | 140 comments "Silvia wrote 'Artemis Fowl'"
I totally agree with you on that one. I was dying when the books! If it were a movie, I would go straight to paradise.

message 49: by Komal (new)

Komal (k0k0) Fault in Our Stars but it's already coming! So my next vote would be for Me Before You.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Since Shadow and Bone is already in the process of being filmed, I would like to see Graceling by Kristen Cashore.

« previous 1 3