Romantic Historical Fiction Lovers discussion

QUESTIONS > Anyone remember this book?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theresa (last edited Jun 01, 2013 02:04PM) (new)

Theresa About 15 years ago I bought a bookstore recommended book for a friend of mine. It was a 1st person Historical 'romance' that took place in England & Morrocco. A English lady was kidnapped off a ship in the Mediterranean by Muslim pirates and sold as a slave to a Morrocco prince. He had her taken to his harem where she was stripped and 'prepared' for his pleasure. Thats all I remember I'd appreciate anyone who can help me find this book. Thx.

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne (spartandax) Sounds like one of Bertrice Small's romances.

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Thx 'The Kadin' sound like it might be. i'll have to read it. In the one a remember when she first got there, they had creme or something that they used to remove all the hair from her body. Amazing that that stands out the most and I can't remember the rest of the book :D

message 4: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Richmond | 10 comments Could it be "Valide: A novel of the harem" by Barbara Chase-Riboud, the woman who wrote "Sally Hemings"?

message 5: by Theresa (new)

Theresa I don't think so. This seemed to be definate fiction story and I seem to remember the title had several words. I was surprised when I read it that it went into such detail of the harem as I thought it was just a good historical romance. Like I said the lady in the bookstore recommended it to me for my friend. She said it was very popular

ROMANTIC HISTORICAL REVIEW BLOG (RHLLibrarian) | 3 comments Mod
Theresa wrote: "I don't think so. This seemed to be definate fiction story and I seem to remember the title had several words. I was surprised when I read it that it went into such detail of the harem as I thought..."
Maybe Johanna Lindsey's Captive Bride?
Captive Bride

message 7: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Sry thats not it. She was on a ship that was captured by Morrocan pirates and sold as a slave. Thx though

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 6 comments Actually Johanna Lindsey wrote this one too,

I don't think she was kidnapped off a ship, but it sounded close Silver Angel by Johanna Lindsey

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindabarlow) | 1 comments Could it have been one of the Angelique books? (French, but translated into English). In the second or third, the plot you describe occurred. (Angelique and the Babary Pirates, or a similar title). It's been years since I read it, though, and I don't think it was told in the first person.

message 10: by Misfit (new)

Misfit The Angelique books are not first person. And she was French, not English.