The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SUMMER CHALLENGE 2013 > 20.3 - Best Review - Nick KY's task: The Blank Blank

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Jun 03, 2013 05:50PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10919 comments Mod
20.3 - Best Review - Nick KY's task: The Blank Blank

This task is a tribute to Robert Ludlum. Ludlum wrote bestsellers with certain formulas. They were full of confused heroes being chased by sinister forces, there was always time to rest, reflect (and become more confused), and recuperate before the next chase invariably began, and the books had catchy three word titles, the first of which was "The": The Bourne Identity, The Scorpio Illusion, The Tristan Betrayal, The Icarus Agenda, The Scarlatti Inheritance, and many, many more.

For this task read a book (written by any author) that has a three word title, the first word of which is "The." Subtitles should be ignored.

(Note: You may read a book in a language other than English, but the title must translate into English as 3 words, the first word of which is "The." If you choose to do this, please inform the moderators as to the translation.)

Then rest, reflect, and recuperate before your next read inevitably begins.

message 3: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 2446 comments Saved.

message 4: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10919 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan Anderson (ms_anderson) | 1481 comments This is cool! I was wondering if I'd find a place for The Good Braider :D

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7595 comments ohhh I was hoping to find a place to put The Inquisitor's Key

message 7: by Ty (new)

Ty  | 563 comments yes! I was looking to fit another book in. Great task!

message 8: by Kathy G. (new)

Kathy G. | 2073 comments Does this one work even though it has a possessive?

The Frontiersman's Daughter by Laura Frantz

message 9: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 2446 comments Kathy G. wrote: "Does this one work even though it has a possessive?

The Frontiersman's Daughter by Laura Frantz"

Yes, possessives and contractions count as one word.

message 11: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 2446 comments Fiona (Titch) wrote: "The Chosen One - Sam Bourne?"

Sure.

message 12: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Changing it to The Final Reckoning as I've just seen where I can put The Chosen One lol

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

The Waste Lands this one work?

message 14: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 2446 comments Delmy =^.^= wrote: "The Waste Lands this one work?"

Yup.

message 15: by Cindie (new)

Cindie | 1740 comments How about The Liars' Gospel

message 16: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 2446 comments Cindie wrote: "How about The Liars' Gospel"

Yes. Possessives count as one word, so your title is three words, the first word being "The."

message 17: by Claire (new)

Claire (proud-mum) | 1091 comments I am going to read The Waste Lands by Stephen King.

message 18: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 2446 comments Claire wrote: "I am going to read The Waste Lands by Stephen King."

It fits.