Kindle Love Stories discussion

New to the group

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Duvall | 4 comments Hello! I'd like to introduce myself, Emily Duvall. I'm the author of When We Were Perfect, a contemporary romance novel. I'm looking forward to some good discussions on the romance genre, check out some of your books, and contribute to the conversation. Thanks! When We Were Perfect by Emily Duvall Emily Duvall

Kindle Love Stories (kindlelovestories) | 8 comments Mod
Thanks for introducing yourself Emily.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Leigh (writerjessicaleigh) | 1 comments Hello Group - I am a new author here. I recently released Savage Forest, a native American historical romance that I researched extensively.
http://amzn.to/18IEQed

I also love to read all forms of romance, as well as some action/adventure. Anything that has a great, fast paced storyline.

Jessica Leigh https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 4: by Nkase (new)

Nkase (Lilslims) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Nkase and I'm a sucker for a good romance novel, so I'm pleased to join the group

Kindle Love Stories (kindlelovestories) | 8 comments Mod
Welcome Nkase!

message 6: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (margaretlynettesharp) | 2 comments Hello, I'm Margaret. I'm a writer of Australian stories, overwhelmingly of love, romance and relationships.
I have seven titles currently available, the most recent being Encore. This is an engaging, romance anthology with lovely reviews.
Soon I will be announcing the release of my latest effort, my first novella. I'm really excited about this one!
Watch for it!

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie Johnson | 1 comments Shanice:

My name is katie and i was wondering if you lived in malta, il? I live in shabbona...i was just in malta for the 5k run

message 8: by Elf (new)

Elf Ahearn | 27 comments Hey all you newcomers, welcome aboard! It's nice to see a mix of authors and readers. I write Regency romances, but like Jessica, I prefer stories with love and adventure in them. If you're fond of the good old days, before we could call a cop from a cellphone, I'd love it if you'd check out my novel. Then let me know what you think.
Elf Ahearn
"Regency romance with a Gothic twist."
A Rogue in Sheep's Clothing (The Albright Sisters Book 1) by Elf Ahearn

message 9: by Sky (new)

Sky (gaganbhatia) | 2 comments Hi, my name is Sky (well, its the English translation of my name), and I'm a sucker for Romance and Happy ever afters.
I practically avoid reading books that end in tragedies (Romeo-Juliet being the only exception).

For me, real life is complicated enough, why not find some perfection in books instead. You may not have your own Happy-ever-after, but you can live through thousands of them with these books.
Cheers!

message 10: by Elf (new)

Elf Ahearn | 27 comments Good attitude, Sky. I agree. Whenever I'm feeling low, I lose myself in a book. They're less expensive than drugs and the high is better than alcohol. =^..^=
Elf Ahearn

message 11: by Sky (new)

Sky (gaganbhatia) | 2 comments Elf wrote: "Good attitude, Sky. I agree. Whenever I'm feeling low, I lose myself in a book. They're less expensive than drugs and the high is better than alcohol. =^..^=
Elf Ahearn

Hey thanks Elf!

You're absolutely right. And yes, about drugs and alcohol, well what can I say,
You Totally Nailed It..!!

message 12: by Alan (last edited Jun 19, 2013 05:22AM) (new)

Alan Hardy | 3 comments Hi, I'm Alan Hardy, author of GABRIELLA (about which I've just posted in Book Recommendations). I also write poetry. Check GABRIELLA out if you like. Always willing to engage in a bit of chat. Looking forward to interaction/debate in the group.

http://www.amazon.com/Gabriella-ebook...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gabriella-ebo...

message 13: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne Kenrick (joannekenrick) | 1 comments Hi all xx I love this new podcast for romance books kindle is running :D I'm a romance junkie, read all its sub-genres but prefer spicy contemporaries and dark paranormals.
Always looking for that next book to read.

message 14: by Elf (new)

Elf Ahearn | 27 comments Hey Alan and JoAnne,
Welcome aboard! So tell us, Alan, what's Gabriella about and how did you come to writing romances?

message 15: by Alan (last edited Jun 19, 2013 07:51AM) (new)

Alan Hardy | 3 comments Elf wrote: "Hey Alan and JoAnne,
Welcome aboard! So tell us, Alan, what's Gabriella about and how did you come to writing romances?
A Rogue in Sheep's Clothing (The Albright Sisters Book 1) by Elf Ahearn"

Well, I've been a poet for many years, and have only just branched out into novels. I'm a Brit, so many of the themes in my writing deal with the antiquated class-system we have here...plus, for some reason, there's a fair bit of romance and sex. GABRIELLA is based on a younger version of me when I used to play cricket at school and was a pimply-faced adolescent just setting out on my romantic voyages. A game of cricket (in the book) became a metaphor for those traumatic-seeming first experiences of love and sexual longing. I just let my imagination run riot, with the mechanics of the game of cricket (bat, ball, etc) becoming images of the game and act of love. Basically, Gabriella, a sexually-experienced toff, becomes the main adversary of the young male working-class character, Jim. They end up becoming the main protagonists in a game of cricket, but it's nothing like any game (whether of cricket or anything) ever played before...you don't need to know much about cricket to understand this particular game...but, although it's bawdy and hopefully riotously funny, it's also at heart a tender love story: a young inexperienced teenager in love for the first time; and an experienced blonde bombshell maybe feeling emotions she's never quite felt before...and there are other rivals for their love in the plot, so it's not really sure what will happen. Although some people have found the story quite shocking, others have seen it as a simple and honest love-story. It's a comedy, a satire, a bawdy romp...and a love-story.

What about you?

message 16: by Elf (new)

Elf Ahearn | 27 comments Love the idea of Gabriella having feelings for your inexperienced hero. That's a nice twist on a gal who could easily become stereotyped. The game of cricket as a device through which you move the plot also sounds intriguing. How clever of you!

As for my novel, I had literary ambitions, but my experiences with rejection as a professional actress stopped me in my tracks. Then my sister suggested I write romance. She loves the Regency era, so those were the books I read to familarize myself with the genre. I loved em.
What I really enjoy about writing for that era is the freedom it gives me to put my heroines in harrowing situations without having to resort to cops and robbers. And so often these days women's literary fiction takes place in tight little suburban homes with troubled teens or troubled marriages. I love getting my gals out of the parlor and onto the moors. My book is not a typical Regency because of the adventure I loaded in, but it is a page turner, and that's what I want to read.
Fun isn't it, this writing stuff?

message 17: by Elf (new)

Elf Ahearn | 27 comments Hey Diana,
Can you give us a quick run down on what the book was about. Sounds great.

"Regency romance with a Gothic twist." A Rogue in Sheep's Clothing (The Albright Sisters Book 1) by Elf Ahearn

message 18: by Pebbles (new)

Pebbles Flintstone (PebblesFlintstone) | 1 comments Hi all, My apologies, I joint the group a few weeks ago but haven´t introduced myself yet.

I´m Caroline, 34, and I love romances - doesn´t matter whether in books or movies (or in real life ...)
My favorites are stories with a touch of the paranormal but I´m not a big fan of high fantasy.
Have a great weekend!

message 19: by Karla (last edited Jun 22, 2013 07:36AM) (new)

Karla Brandenburg | 13 comments Welcome, Caroline. You might like my books. Karla Brandenburg. I write romance with a touch of paranormal.

Living Canvas by Karla Brandenburg Mist on the Meadow by Karla Brandenburg

message 20: by Joann (new)

Joann Ciocca schmidt | 1 comments Hi my name is Joann am I joined awhile ago but didn't read that I could introduce myself so I am now. Love to read romances and other genre also. I am from Pennsylvania and so glad that there is a group like this that we can get recommendations. Have a great day.

message 21: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 2 comments If you love romance and mystery, read DANCING NAKED IN THE RAIN and follow up with STARS WALKING BACKWARDS: story of a young woman's struggle to unravel a mystery surrounding her lover. A 'can't put it down' book.

message 22: by Amy T (new)

Amy T Evans (amyte2) Hi! I am Amy. Loved your suggestions and love to be with people who love a happy ending. I am addicted to books, but only those with happy endings so this seemed like the perfect place! Thank you for this group!

message 23: by Reinette (new)

Reinette Amy wrote: "Hi! I am Amy. Loved your suggestions and love to be with people who love a happy ending. I am addicted to books, but only those with happy endings so this seemed like the perfect place! Thank you f..."

Hey, Amy! Love happy endings too, so here is definitely the right place to be. I have discovered a whole wealth of new authors and new books through this group. My kindle is overflowing.....groan! It's a case of so many books so little time!

message 24: by Mora (new)

Mora Early (MoraEarly) | 4 comments Brigitte wrote: "It's a case of so many books so little time!"

This is the bane of my existence: life getting in the way of my reading time lol

message 25: by Reinette (new)

Reinette Mora wrote: "Brigitte wrote: "It's a case of so many books so little time!"

This is the bane of my existence: life getting in the way of my reading time lol"

Well then, welcome to the Sisterhood. Your bane is also mine.... :)

message 26: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (bassclarinetgrl) | 1 comments Hi! My name is Ashleigh and I'm new to the group! I love to read and my favorite genre is definitely romance (mainly comtemporary and romantic suspense, not really into the paranormal)! Right now I'm glad to be a teacher so I have my whole summer to read :)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello everyone!
My name is Petra, I'm a debut contemporary romance author, but I'm also an avid reader! I carry my kindle in my purse, or bag, wherever I go!:)

message 28: by Alekhya (new)

Alekhya Boora (alekhya12) | 1 comments Hello Everyone.. My name is Alekhya and I love to read. Romance is may be one of the perfect ways to write a story, and you can lose yourself while reading a good one.
@all roamce writers: keep up the good work!!

message 29: by Isla (new)

Isla Bennet | 6 comments Greetings, all! Technically I'm not a brand-new member, but I realized that I neglected to introduce myself to the group. I'm Isla Bennet, a new Montlake author. My debut is TEXAS REDEEMED (Montlake Romance, May 2013). I write big, complicated contemporary romance, and I'm a lover of all interesting fiction. ;-) I enjoy the intelligent conversations I find here. My favorite aspect of KLS is the book club. I look forward to learning more about all of you, and discovering more great reads. Cheers!

message 30: by virginia (new)

virginia (sexygeny) | 1 comments hi.i am Virginia and a proud sucker for romance♥

message 31: by Otessa (new)

Otessa | 3 comments Hi, everyone!

My name is Otessa, and I'm a writer and filmmaker, living in DC. I'm currently turning my web series, "Orange Juice in Bishop's Garden," into books, so it's certainly a new venture. It's a story about a bunch of rebellious teens growing up and getting down in my hometown, Washington, DC, during the '90s grunge era. And there's certainly some romance to it. :)

Happy reading to you all!
~Otessa

message 32: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1 comments Hi..my name is Lisa and I just found out about this group from watching the Rebecca Donovan (love her and her series ) interview.

message 33: by Alan (new)

Alan Hardy | 3 comments Hi all you new members, nice to greet you. Do check out GABRIELLA if you like romance with a bit of spice:

message 34: by Dani (new)

Dani Harper (goodreadscomdaniharper) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Dani Harper and I'm addicted to the paranormal... Looking forward to meeting other PNR lovers, especially those partial to heroes who are tall, dark and furry.

I'm the author of the Changeling shapeshifter series (Changeling Moon, Changeling Dream and Changeling Dawn). VERY excited to announce two new series coming out soon from Montlake/Amazon. Storm Warrior kicks off the Grim series on August 6th - faeries and death dogs and romance, oh my! In October, I return to my werewolf ways with a brand new shapeshifter series. Look for First Bite, Book 1 of the Dark Wolf series. http://www.daniharper.com/ or http://www.amazon.com/Dani-Harper/e/B...

message 35: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelleabbott) | 4 comments Hi to everyone. I've been a member of the group for a while but haven't got around to introducing myself. I love reading all kinds of romance from YA to erotica, as long as there's also some kind of story line!

I'm the author of In Chains, a dystopian style romance http://www.amazon.com/In-Chains-ebook...

message 36: by Elf (new)

Elf Ahearn | 27 comments Hey everyone, new and old.
I'm curious to know what you all like to read in a romance. My Regency romances are page turners with a lot of plot. However, I've noticed that many romance novels, regardless of the genre, tend to focus almost exclusively on a conflict between the hero and heroine. Especially in my second book, Lord Monroe's Dark Tower, which will be released Sept. 16th, the villain plays a major role as well.
Since Goodreads caters to writers and readers, I'd like to know what you prefer.
Thanks,
Elf Ahearn

message 37: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 34 comments Welcome new members! Hello to all! Please feel free to chime in on any discussions and boards that you'd like!

message 38: by Nadine (new)

Nadine Christian | 2 comments Hi, I'm an author from Pitcairn Island who just found this group thanks to Nicole! *waves*

Glad to be here!

message 39: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 2 comments Hi, I just found this group and excited to be here. I work primarily with sweet contemporary romances but also love Regency romances, paranormal and romantic suspenses.

message 40: by Ngaio (new)

Ngaio | 1 comments Hi my name is Ngaio and most if not all of my books have romance in them. I love paranormal and fantasy romance but I like a good contemporary romance as well!
I'm from New Zealand and I also don't like reading really sad/tragedy books as I agree with others on here that life has enough of that in it so why would you want to leisure read about it. And the same with HEA's you might not have one in real life so you can live it through romance books and it is a great way to escape from life for a bit. :)
I am loving this idea of a podcast and group as I'm always on the lookout for another great romance!

message 41: by Reneta (new)

Reneta (Basketballmom5023) | 1 comments Hi, I am Reneta from Texas. I am a bibliophile and author wannabe. My favorite books are romances, but I love a little suspense thrown in to keep the pages turning.

message 42: by Elf (new)

Elf Ahearn | 27 comments Howdy Reneta,
I'm with you--a romance with a fast moving plot is my favorite read. Sometimes I find the sex scenes so stale, I skip them, but put a heroine in danger and I can't tear my eyes off the page.
Lord Monroe's Dark Tower (The Albright Sisters Book 2) by Elf Ahearn A Rogue in Sheep's Clothing (The Albright Sisters Book 1) by Elf Ahearn

Monica **can't read fast enough** (wwwgoodreadscomuser_monlat) Hello Everyone!
I am new to the group and pretty new to blogging as well. I love paranormal, historical, and interracial romance. I have recently become a fan of more contemporary romance which has come as a big surprise to me. There's something about being in my 40's, my taste in reading is changing quite a bit. I am currently reading all of the Colorado Mountain series by Kristen Ashley and I am so loving them! I'm happy to be here and hope to meet intersting people and find lots of great authors to enjoy. Please feel free to contact me through my blog http://www.monlatablereviews.com/.

message 44: by Elf (new)

Elf Ahearn | 27 comments Hey Monica,
I'm a big historical romance fan, but I've been charmed by a few contemporaries lately. I especially liked The Devil Wears Prada and The Nanny Diaries. Though they're not romances, they brought back memories of my days in NYC.

Elf Ahearn
A Rogue in Sheep's Clothing (The Albright Sisters Book 1) by Elf Ahearn Lord Monroe's Dark Tower (The Albright Sisters Book 2) by Elf Ahearn

message 45: by Renee (new)

Renee (eenayray) | 1 comments Hello Everyone!
I'm Renee Reynolds and I'm the author of historical romances. My novels also include mischief and mayhem, and while the romance is steamy, it stops at the bedroom door. I am also an avid reader of all things love and happily ever after. I live in the great state of Texas but love to escape all over the world through the pages of books. I look forward to meeting all the other authors and readers out there!

message 46: by Sascha (new)

Sascha Illyvich (saschaillyvich) | 1 comments Hi Folks,

New here but not a new author! I'm Sascha Illyvich, erotic romance author of over 40 titles spanning much of the contemporary and paranormal world. My newest title "His Reign" was released by Secret Cravings and is paranormal menage romance!

I do read in the genre as time permits, sadly not enough but I' ma huge JR Ward fan, love some of the older greats like Christine Feehan and Laurel K. Hamilton, Lora Leigh etc.

I look forward to seeing some of the suggestions to add to my TBR pile here!

message 47: by R.L. (new)

R.L. Dodson (rldodson) | 3 comments Hi Everyone,
I'm R. L. Dodson a new author from Florida. My first book "Heart of Jaded Justice" is available at Amazon, Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and Barnes and Noble. It is a romantic suspense book. I love strong characters with a passion for fighting evil. I am currently working on the sequel to my first book. I value honest input and look forward to meeting all the readers and authors out there.

Heart of Jaded Justice Heart of Jaded Justice by R.L. Dodson

message 48: by Patrice (new)

Patrice Wilton | 1 comments Hi, R.L. I'm from West Palm, where do you live in Florida? Your cover is great, and I wish you many sales. I have more than ten books up on Amazon, and it's been a wonderful, fun journey, that's for sure.
All the best to you.

message 49: by R.L. (new)

R.L. Dodson (rldodson) | 3 comments R.L. wrote: "Hi Everyone,
I'm R. L. Dodson a new author from Florida. My first book "Heart of Jaded Justice" is available at Amazon, Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and Barnes and Noble. It is a romantic suspense book. ..."

Patrice wrote: "Hi, R.L. I'm from West Palm, where do you live in Florida? Your cover is great, and I wish you many sales. I have more than ten books up on Amazon, and it's been a wonderful, fun journey, that's fo..."

R.L. wrote: "Hi Everyone,
I'm R. L. Dodson a new author from Florida. My first book "Heart of Jaded Justice" is available at Amazon, Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and Barnes and Noble. It is a romantic suspense book. ..."

Thanks so much Patrice. I live up in the Northern Panhandle of Florida. It has been a long time since I visited West Palm but it is very nice. I have my book on a free promo tonight on Kindle if you get a chance to download. I would love your input. Thanks Again, RL

message 50: by R.L. (new)

R.L. Dodson (rldodson) | 3 comments Hello Everyone,
I am R.L. Dodson - New Author to the group. I would like to invite everyone to check out my book "Heart of Jaded Justice" I am offering a free download of the ebook through Kindle tonight only. Please provide feedback. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Thanks,
R. L. DodsonHeart of Jaded Justice Heart of Jaded Justice by R.L. Dodson Heart of Jaded JusticeR.L. Dodson

« previous 1