Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Archive > Crazy Weather!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Iamabibliophile | 201 comments Our neighborhood was struck by an EF3 tornado last night. All around us the homes are damaged and hundreds of trees down. We lost a shutter and it landed on my garden gnome. That was all. Praise God!

I am at my sisters temporarily and hadn't finished this months reads, guess it will be a while.

message 2: by Denise (new)

Denise (dulcinea3) | 131 comments I'm so glad that you're safe! Here we're in a heatwave, even though a few days ago it was only I the 40s.

message 3: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) My heart just aches for all those who have been in the way of these tornadoes these past couple of weeks. A tornado destroyed the little town about 5 miles from where my parents live in March of last year. They devastation they wreak is just unbelievable.

message 4: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 2440 comments Mod
I'm in a heatwave too. So glad not to be in a tornado area, but I feel so bad for the people that are.

message 5: by ☯Emily (new)

☯Emily  Ginder | 1408 comments I hope everyone is fine physically. Seems to be a lot of tornadoes over the past few weeks.

message 6: by Barb (new)

Barb | 705 comments Iamabibliophile wrote: "Our neighborhood was struck by an EF3 tornado last night. All around us the homes are damaged and hundreds of trees down. We lost a shutter and it landed on my garden gnome. That was all. Praise God!"

My son and his wife left Moore, Oklahoma on Friday -- four days after that big tornado wiped out most of the city. Thanks to some friends with a storm shelter, they're ok, but both have said that the devastation will stay with them for a long, long time. We gave them extra hugs when we picked them up at the airport!!

There has been some really crazy weather this past week or so, and my thoughts and prayers are with everyone who's been affected.

message 7: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 491 comments Thinking of you, Iamabibliophile, and all of the others affected by this crazy weather lately. It seems as though most of the country is either facing a tornado or a flood. Here in New England, the worst we have to deal with, weather-wise, is a blizzard and the occasional hurricane.

Iamabibliophile | 201 comments Thank you all. Our power finally came back on. Fridge, Freezer and Deep freeze were finally cleaned out today. Not a fun chore and I lost about 600 dollars worth of food.

Laundry is caught up, house is clean, family is safe and prayers of thanksgiving have been given for having a home that is standing and so much more.

Now onto the fun stuff...cozies!

message 9: by Barb (new)

Barb | 705 comments Ugh :( Can you file an insurance claim for the lost food? Glad you're all ok, though, that's what's important!