What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Book about a girl who goes back to her home town where her best friend disappeared

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle I read this book a while ago so my details might not be spot on. But, I remember that a girl was with her best friend at a fourth of July party at her house when her friend left early to meet a secret older boy at a dock. That's when she disappeared. Years later, she goes back to her hometown because her father I believe died. She then finds out it was a family member. Her brother I believe, and the family kept it a secret from her. Please help! Thank you!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Do you mean that the best friend was killed by a member of her family--and that her family hid it? Or that her brother ran away with the friend and they'd hidden THAT from her?

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Davies | 26 comments It sounds like something by Caroline B. Cooney. Was it YA, and was it a very thin book?

message 4: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Do you mean that the best friend was killed by a member of her family--and that her family hid it? Or that her brother ran away with the friend and they'd hidden THAT from her?"

Her brother was the older boy she was secretly seeing and he was the one she met that night that he disappeared and the family knew and hid that from her.

message 5: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Stephanie wrote: "It sounds like something by Caroline B. Cooney. Was it YA, and was it a very thin book?"

It wasn't YA it was average thickness, it was an older book, probably 90s. And I checked out that authors list of books and none of them looked familiar. Thank you though.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Danielle has left the Group so this can be moved to Query Abandoned.