Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) Devil in Winter discussion

Marriage of convenience plot!!!!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lizzie I LOVED Devil In Winter by Lisa Kleypas!!!! I don't know if it was the whole marriage of convenience plot (which I love!!!) or the swoon worthy hero Sebastian ******Sigh****** Anyways, lol, I would love to know what other books with marriage of Convenience plots are worth reading and obsessing over!!!

Paula Try The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders, The Marriage Bargain, The Marriage Mistake. I really liked the first two books.

message 3: by AKA (last edited Jun 12, 2013 08:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

AKA If you like historical romance, try Julie Garwood' s Saving Grace, the Bride and the Wedding. If you want a contemporary romance, try Jeannie Moon's the Temporary Wife.
MOCs are my favorite romance plot, hope this helps!

Nicole Another book that has the same theme is To Win his Wayward Wife by Rose Gordan. The hero was a villain in the previous book in the series, but redeems himself in this book.

Gerrie Lizzie, there are some great Regency romances about marriages of convenience - one of my favorite plot devices! Here are some of my recommendations (and these are some of my all-time favorite books as well):

The Wagered Wife by Wilma Counts
Golden Girl by Joan Wolf
In for a Penny by Rose Lerner
Slightly Married by Mary Balogh
The Temporary Wife by Mary Balogh
The Wedding Journey by Carla Kelly

message 6: by Caz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Caz It's one of my favourite tropes, too. I second Gerrie's recs and would add A Bride for His Convenience by Edith Layton, The Ideal Wife by Mary Balogh, The Mésalliance and The Marigold Chain by Stella Riley. The Mésalliance is set in the Georgian Era and The Marigold Chain is set in Restoration London.