Book Junkies discussion

BotM Suggestions > July Nominations

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) There are a ton of great summer reads. Nominate anything and everything!

message 2: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) I'd like to nominate: Just Listen by Sarah Dessen by Sarah Dessen.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Graf | 17 comments The Radleys, by Matt Haig.
The Radleys by Matt Haig

message 4: by Bajen (last edited Jun 05, 2013 05:12AM) (new)

Bajen While He Was Away, Grave Mercy, Single Girl Summer, Injury Time

I nominate the book above. I can nominate more than one right? While He Was Away by Karen Schreck Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers Single Girl Summer by Deanna Kimberly Burrell Injury Time by Beryl Bainbridge

message 5: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) Of course, Bajen!
go for it!

message 6: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) That book must be really great!

message 7: by Bajen (new)

Bajen The seeds of Daisy is a favorite at the moment. I think all but one of my groups has it nominated for next month's read.

message 8: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) I have not really heard all that much about this book except what Faize has said.
Daing, where the heck have I been?!

message 9: by Bajen (new)

Bajen I feel the same way too!

message 10: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) I feel left out :(
Haha jk! I've been working. That's probably why I haven't really heard much about it.

message 11: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) So-so I believe.

message 12: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) Hmm... hard decision for me.
I trust her reviews but I'd give it a shot.

message 13: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry , The Bane (Eden, #1) by Keary Taylor , Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead , Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout , White Lines by Jennifer Banash I nominate all of these!

message 15: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Sebar | 1 comments I nominate White Tiger by Kylie Cham

message 16: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Thom (maggiethom) | 15 comments I'd like to nominate - Too Dark To Sleep by Dianne Gallagher Too Dark to Sleep by Dianne Gallagher

message 17: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 1090 comments Mod
Holy schizznits! We've got 5 separate nominations of Seeds of a Daisy!

Am I the only one that didn't particularly care for it?

message 18: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 1 comments I would like to nominate The Historian

message 19: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Caitlin wrote: "I would like to nominate The Historian"

Hi Caitlin. I'm currently reading The Historian and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm finding that June seems to be the month where I'm reading monster sized books. Not intentional I assure you! lol

message 20: by Lyndee (last edited Jun 13, 2013 08:15PM) (new)

Lyndee | 3 comments The Sword of Truth (The Godling Chronicles, #1) by Brian D. Anderson Of Gods and Elves (The Godling Chronicles, #2) by Brian D. Anderson The Shadow of Gods (The Godling Chronicles, Book #3) by Brian D. Anderson . Please nominate The Godling Chronicles! An overnight success, Anderson sold 10,000 copies in three months by his stories inspired by his 9-year-old son’s fantastic imagination. The Dark Knight has betrayed the Gods and stolen The Sword of Truth, trapping them in heaven. In the second book, Gewey must unite the human and elf world amidst armies gathering for war in the frozen land of Angrääl. On March 14 (his son's birthday), Anderson released Book Three: The Shadow of Gods, where human and elf must shed blood as one, in order to stem the tide of evil. But new hope has arisen. From across the Western Abyss, a people long forgotten have returned.

message 21: by Lia (new)

Lia Rock lantz (mamae_red) | 64 comments Beautiful Diaster, Zoo, or The Value of Life. All 3 very good reads. I'll probably reread them.

message 22: by Vince (new)

Vince Carter | 2 comments I nominate The Return by Carter Vance The Return

message 24: by Titus214 (new)

Titus214 | 4 comments Grave Mercy is freakin fantastic I highly reccommend it.

message 25: by Tami (new)

Tami Vogel (tami_vogel) Loved "Grave Mercy" and the 2nd book is just as good.

Haven't read "Seeds of a Daisy," hadn't heard of it until now. :-) Will check it out.

Also really enjoyed "The Historian." Her other book "Swan Thieves" has been sitting on my shelf staring at me... must read.

Has anyone read "Shibumi" and "Satori?" Always thought it'd be cool to discuss how successful the 2nd book was, written decades later by a different author.

message 26: by Tami (new)

Tami Vogel (tami_vogel) Oh, for July I'd like to recommend http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...

Loved the characters and how each chapter had its own narrator - such strong independent voices.

One of my favorite books so far this year!

message 27: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) Thank you Tami but Julys nominations are closed.
Make sure you nominate next month!

message 28: by Tami (new)

Tami Vogel (tami_vogel) Missed that somewhere... thanks!

Martha wrote: "Thank you Tami but Julys nominations are closed.
Make sure you nominate next month!"