Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week 35: June 3-9th (Summer Theme)

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok guys!! School's out and everybody is going to the pool, lake or the beach so pick a book with a Summer Theme!! Here are a couple of lists to help you choose:

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/17...
http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/20...

Happy Reading!!!! :D

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments yay summer!!!
I'll read:
That Summer by Sarah Dessen

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I love Summer! I don't have time to do this challenge, but TY for posting it. Now I need to re-think my Beach challenge for 2 weeks from now, lololol! <3

Enjoy this beautiful Saturday!

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments @Tisha, I like the cover of your pick!! So pretty! I'll look for your review to see how you liked it. :)

@Becky, I'm sorry you won't be able to join us this week, but we'll be here if you change your mind!! :)

I still have to pick one too, there are so many that I have a hard time choosing! I'll have to take a look soon and decide! lol :)

message 5: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I probably will read That Summer by Sarah Dessen too. Looks like it's going to win the poll.

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments I can't wait for summer. School is killing me over here, lol!

I'll choose Slept Away by Julie Kraut , in which our main character goes to summer camp!

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I probably will read That Summer by Sarah Dessen too. Looks like it's going to win the poll."

I hope you like it too! The only Sarah Dessen book I've is Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen and I loved it!! :)

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Katherine wrote: "I can't wait for summer. School is killing me over here, lol!

I'll choose Slept Away by Julie Kraut, in which our main character goes to summer camp!"

Summer Camp!! Ahhh, I remember those days, so much fun!! Hope you like your book!! :)

message 9: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I've never read her book before :) I love that cover, but the book I'm going to read comes in this cover That Summer by Sarah Dessen (It's my friend's)

message 10: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I've never read her book before :) I love that cover, but the book I'm going to read comes in this coverThat Summer by Sarah Dessen (It's my friend's)"

Yeah, I like the other one better. I like the pinks better than the blue. :)

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1596 comments Kathy wrote: "Gisbelle wrote: "I've never read her book before :) I love that cover, but the book I'm going to read comes in this coverThat Summer by Sarah Dessen (It's my friend's)"

Yeah, I like the other o..."

I am going to read this one as well mine has this cover I like the other one better though

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Would The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen work for this one?

message 13: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yep! It would, it's during the summer and then you can join us for The Forever of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #2) by Jessica Sorensen buddy read!!!! Yay!!! :)

message 14: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha, that's my plan!! Cool, thanks Kathy!

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments You're welcome Vicki! :)

message 16: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments I'm going to read How to Ruin a Summer Vacation (How to Ruin, #1) by Simone Elkeles

I love Simone Elkeles!! Love her books and this has been on my TBR forever!!! :)

message 17: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I will join you ladies in reading That Summer by Sarah Dessen . I have it and Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen combined into one book but for some reason, I read 'Someone Like You' but never read 'That Summer'.

I love the movie 'How to Deal' so I am very excited to read That Summer by Sarah Dessen !

message 18: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments All these books!!! TEMPTATION!!!! Lol

message 19: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments lol Vicki!! I know what you mean! Sometimes I just have to pass by some of the threads, like the buddy reads thread. I will get myself in sooooo much trouble if I don't learn to say "no' to myself sometimes!! :P

message 20: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Mandiann wrote: "I will join you ladies in reading That Summer by Sarah Dessen. I have it and Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen combined into one book but for some reason, I read 'Someone Like You' but never ..."

I need to watch that movie!! I hope you like you book! :)

message 21: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments Finished my pick! It was a fun, cute summer read; not the best, but good way to start the summer. 3 stars!

message 22: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Katherine wrote: "Finished my pick! It was a fun, cute summer read; not the best, but good way to start the summer. 3 stars!"

Yay!! I'm glad you at least liked your book! :)

message 23: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I finished That Summer by Sarah Dessen
it was a cute, coming of age, but I think I was hoping for more romance.
it's a great summer read though :D

message 24: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments *wishes it was summer*
I am a bit late, but I will read something too.
I will read: The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller

message 25: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Done with my book. It was ok. There were quite some things I didn't like though.

message 26: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Kathy, I won't make it during your actual week but I do have a summer book on my TRB Summer Boys (Summer Boys, #1) by Hailey Abbott for our Challenge #5 so I'll be reading that soon! :-)

message 27: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments Challenge # 5?

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

message 29: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments Ahh! Yes, thank you Trisha.

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments :) no prob!

message 31: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Thx Trisha! :-)

message 32: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Trisha wrote: "I finished That Summer by Sarah Dessen
it was a cute, coming of age, but I think I was hoping for more romance.
it's a great summer read though :D"

Trisha, glad you liked it! It's been on my TBR for a while and I need to read it!! I love the cover of your copy! :)

message 33: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Mehsi wrote: "Done with my book. It was ok. There were quite some things I didn't like though."

Sorry you didn't like it more! I hate when I read a book and it just leaves me disappointed! :(

message 34: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Kathy, I won't make it during your actual week but I do have a summer book on my TRB Summer Boys (Summer Boys, #1) by Hailey Abbott for our Challenge #5 so I'll be reading that soon! :-)"

That's ok Becky! I'm glad you at least found a book for challenge #5!! :)

message 35: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I finished That Summer by Sarah Dessen . I was also disappointed with the lack of romance in the book. I bought the book years ago in a two book edition (including Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen ). Parts of both books were combined to make the movie How to Deal. I must say that I enjoyed Someone Like You more.

message 36: by Kathy (last edited Jun 09, 2013 09:45PM) (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Mandiann, I heard that That Summer by Sarah Dessen didn't have much romance and that is one of the main reasons I'm hesitant to pick it up. I guess I have to be not in the mood for a romance to read it. lol :D

And thanks for reminding me I need to look up that movie at my library so I can check it out!! :)