Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Annie Neugebauer
This topic is about Annie Neugebauer
Book Issues > adding a book with error message

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie (new)

Annie Neugebauer (annieneugebauer) | 16 comments I’m trying to manually add the Texas Poetry Calendar 2011 (of which I’m a contributing author) but the error message “ISBN has been marked as ‘not a book’” comes up. I’m sure that’s because someone listed it as a calendar, which it is, but it’s in book form (144 pages with a poem on each page). ISBN is 0976005174. There’s another edition of these calendars that went through as a book just fine, and I’d like to add this one to my author profile. Help? (Here’s the Amazon link: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...)

message 2: by Jozef (last edited Jun 01, 2013 10:17AM) (new)

Jozef Nakielski (jozef_nakielski) | 100 comments That comes up no results found for me.
9780976005179 so does that

message 3: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments I think that once an item has been given to "not a book" it will become invisible to searches and pretty much everything else.

message 4: by Vicky (last edited Jun 01, 2013 11:32PM) (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments I looked through the NAB author for it, but couldn't find it. Whoever NABd it either changed the title to Not a Book or hit the NAB link on the edit page.

You'll have to contact Goodreads and get them to find it from the back end, the NABs aren't accessible to librarians.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41982 comments Mod
Vicky wrote: "or hit the NAB link on the edit page"

That's the only way to get that error message, actually.

message 6: by Annie (new)

Annie Neugebauer (annieneugebauer) | 16 comments Okay, I will contact Goodreads. Thank you all!