3. A Carrion Death, Michael Stanley. 4
4, Executive Power, Vince Flynn. 4
5, Orange Crush, Tim Dorsey. 4
6. A Long Walk Up the Waterslide, Don Winslow. 4
7. The Given Day, Dennis Lehane. 4Plus
8. Secret Sanction, Brian Haig. 4Minus
9. The Forgotten Man, Robert Crais. 4

message 2: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Uh oh, a new Winslow to add to by list!

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8222 comments Looks like you're picking out enjoyable reads, Dan. I've read the Lehane and the Crais and think I graded them the same.

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3638 comments I know I've read Don Winslow. Need to check and see if I can remember what!

message 5: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8222 comments Melodie wrote: "I know I've read Don Winslow. Need to check and see if I can remember what!"

I think we've even seen him at a B-con, right Sandi?

message 6: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1225 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Melodie wrote: "I know I've read Don Winslow. Need to check and see if I can remember what!"

I think we've even seen him at a B-con, right Sandi?"

I love Don Winslow's books but I can't remember seeing him at Bouchercon. Do you think it was in Vegas or Chicago maybe?

message 7: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3638 comments Sandi wrote: "Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Melodie wrote: "I know I've read Don Winslow. Need to check and see if I can remember what!"

I think we've even seen him at a B-con, right Sandi?"

I love Don Winslow's book..."

I think it might have been in Vegas.

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1320 comments I've recently started the Haig series...I do like Drummond! I've read The Forgetten Man and like it very much as well. Have read that series by Housewright, but since I like his McKenzie series, I'll have to add it to my list!

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14831 comments Dan: I thought The Given Day was great, glad you enjoyed it! It is one of the few books I would consider reading again.
Daniel wrote: "7. The Given Day, Dennis Lehane. 4Plus"

message 10: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3102 comments Hiag is supposed to have a new series starting, with Vince Flynn. The publication date, which was this week, got pushed off though.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Don Winslow (other topics)